Author Topic: Limbaugh launches 'Rush Babes' campaign  (Read 938 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Limbaugh launches 'Rush Babes' campaign
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/05/limbaugh-launces-rush-babes-for-america-122816.html

Limbaugh launches 'Rush Babes' campaign

By DYLAN BYERS |
5/8/12 3:15 PM EDT

Rush Limbaugh is fighting back against the National Organization for Women, the progressive women's group that has been targeting local advertisers and affiliates in an effort to get the conservative talk show host off the air.

On his program today, Limbaugh announced a new National Organizaion for Rush Babes "dedicated to the millions of conservative women who know what they believe in: family, American Values, and not being told by Faux Feminist Groups how to think."

"Sometime later this month the Femi-Nazis are going to be working with Media Matters for America in kicking off some giant program, some coordinated plan to have me taken off the air, under the premise that women hate this program and that this program is an unfriendly environment for women, that this program laughs at, impugns, makes fun of women," Limbaugh said during today's program. "Of course, the flaw in this is that the National Organization for Women thinking that they speak for women. If there was ever a group that speaks for an almost infinitesimal minority of women, it's them."

NOW announced the launch of the "Enough Rush" campaign on April 19 to protest his attack on Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, with protests planned for at least eight cities, including Washington, D.C., and New York City. Earlier this year, NOW president Terry O'Neill called on Clear Channel to "pull the plug" on Limbaugh's program.

O'Neill was travelling by plane this afternoon and unable to comment, but a spokesperson with NOW said she would provide comment later today. (I will update this post if and when I hear from her).

Angelo Carusone, the creator of Media Matters' "Stop Rush" campaign, cited "Rush Babes" as evidence that Limbaugh was struggling under pressure from advertisers.

"Rush Limbaugh and his crisis manager continue to claim that everything is fine and yet continue to act otherwise," he said, adding that it was "a telling coincidence that Limbaugh launched 'Rush Babes for America' on the same day that one of his affiliate providers reported millions in losses directly attributable to Limbaugh's show."

Cumulus Radio Networks CEO Lew Dickey announced Monday that the advertiser boycott cost his company "a couple million" dollars in ad revenue in the first quarter and "a couple million" in the second quarter, and said 1 percent of the 3.5 percent revenue decline could be attributed to the boycott. The conservative website The Right Sphere called that 1 percent decline the equivalent of a rounding error, and dismissed Carusone's efforts as exaggeration.

"The Democrats, Media Matters, Obama, the left, the NAGs, are on this faux War on Women, where Republicans want to take away their contraception," Limbaugh said during today's program. "But I know and you know that this whole War on Women thing is a joke and a distraction, get people not paying attention to Obama's dismal economic policies and their results. And I have -- I've been tired a long time of these faux female groups which are really nothing but groups of liberals."

"The National Organization for Women is not a female organization," Limbaugh continued. "It's a liberal organization disguised as a group that's interested in the rights of women."

A source close to Limbaugh similarly described "Rush Babes" as "a way of properly characterizing NOW as not about women, but about a liberal political agenda in women's name."

"NOW does not represent millions of women, and would happily harm the huge number of women who choose to listen to Rush," the source told me.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scythian

• I won't be told anymore that I've been brought down in this storm
Re: Limbaugh launches 'Rush Babes' campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:48:49 pm »
It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produce ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths.

- Will Durant