Author Topic: I'll Have Another wins Kentucky Derby & Now Preakness, Too!  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:26:10 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: I'll Have Another wins Kentucky Derby
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:32:53 AM »
It was a good race, I was hoping Bodiemeister would win it, but the pace was so fast that he set and he just tired at the end and the winning horse came on strong and was still going at the win... the win wasn't bad for a young jockey and a horse that was purchased for $35,000......

Kentucky Derby 2012

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
I'll Have Another wins Preakness!  Now can he win the Triple Crown!!!!!!!!   :beer:

famousdayandyear

Re: I'll Have Another wins Kentucky Derby & Now Preakness, Too!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
Is there video of the Preakness?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »
I'll Have Another wins Preakness!  Now can he win the Triple Crown!!!!!!!!   :beer:

I'd say he has a decent shot. His strength is coming on strong at the end while the pacesetters tire out, which is a real strength for a long course like Belmont.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »
I'd say he has a decent shot. His strength is coming on strong at the end while the pacesetters tire out, which is a real strength for a long course like Belmont.

Yep... but supposedly there is two or three horses scheduled to run Belmont who sat out Derby and Preakness so they will be rested, which begs the question -- which is better rested or train, train, train.. which is what they did Secretariat to prepare him for the gruel of Belmont when he won the triple crown.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf