Author Topic: New Jersey mother arrested after fair-skinned daughter, FIVE, was severely burne  (Read 5738 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
All well and good, but how does that help the abused children of today?  Do we tell them "tough s***, you should've been born in the good old days"?
There were no good old days.  People faced far worse problems, and learned from an early age that they needed to do their best, take care of themselves. 

The children are the responsibility of their families, their neighbors, their churches, not of the "collective."

And failing all those institutions, a logical American should be able to say:  "Oh well, I exercize my freedom to NOT help the child."

The reason is up to the individual; not enough money, etc.  Allocate the money to his own family, not to somebody else's.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

So, in other words, it is okay for parents to abuse their children because it is part of the "collective" to try and protect them from parents like this woman -- how about druggies?  alcoholics?  I grew up in a very wealthy neighborhood... my best friend's parents BOTH were alcoholics, once they actually tried to run each other down in the street with their two cars, another Sunday on our way home from church we saw the mother running down Palos Verdes Blvd. naked (and drunk) because the drunk husband kicked her out... the kids, of course, were home... back then no one called the police or SS...... my heart goes out to their kids to this day... everyone in the neighborhood knew what was going on and no one did a thing to help their children.

I also happened to see (and sadly ignored) a mother at the Stardust in Las Vegas dragging her son who was around 7 years old to their motor home in the parking lot with his arm twisted behind his back he was crying and she was screaming at him telling him he was a no good such and such... NO CHILD should be subjected to that behavior and today I am older and wiser and have a cell phone I would use in an instant if I saw such a situation again.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ladybug

The mother's face looks like a brown leather suitcase.
When we got sunburned at the beach it was stupid but not deliberate. Big difference.

Offline Charlespg

The mother's face looks like a brown leather suitcase.
When we got sunburned at the beach it was stupid but not deliberate. Big difference.
I first   thought this woman was a mixed race aborigine as some them have blond hair

and I dont see this as a nanny state issue ,its about child endangerment and a unfit mother
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How were similar incidents handled in rural communities, in the past?

What if a kid got very badly sunburned, working in the fields during harvest time?

Or what turned out to be too long a day at the beach or lakeshore?

What should be the consequences for this mother? Lose her daughter? Go to jail?

I'm surprised "conservatives" want big, costly, powerful government at the ready to solve every possible problem.

Just like businesses and families cutting back, we MUST scale down government, and that may mean giving up the functions you like the most.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln