Author Topic: Blast From the Past - Original McDonald's Menu  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Allegra

Blast From the Past - Original McDonald's Menu
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »
Look at those prices!  And I love the descriptions.

Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Blast From the Past - Original McDonald's Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:39:48 pm »
Thanks for the memory stroll, Allegra!

Used to ride my bike there. 

And back then....you actually saw them being grilled/fried, not taken from.....wherever that 'thing' is called. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:10 pm »
I remember those days.....and those prices...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:  I remember when gasoline was .20 cents a gallon!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Allegra

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »
Thanks for the memory stroll, Allegra!

Used to ride my bike there. 

And back then....you actually saw them being grilled/fried, not taken from.....wherever that 'thing' is called. 

I remember our parents taking us to a McDonald's occasionally as a little kid when we were stationed in Whidbey Island, WA.  I don't remember what the prices were then, but I do remember they pretty much only had burgers, fries and drinks.  I used to love my burger, fries and milkshake.  I don't know when the Big Mac came along, but I was in high school before I tackled one of those.  LOL
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »
I "tried" one of their new Angus burgers the other day -- never again, it was gross and their fries have not been the same since the green police made them change their oil.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:54:55 pm »

.....MELT THE CHEESE!!   :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Allegra

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 11:10:17 pm »
I haven't been to a Mickey D's in a while.  Sounds like I'm not missing anything.   :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:30:54 am »
I "tried" one of their new Angus burgers the other day -- never again, it was gross and their fries have not been the same since the green police made them change their oil.

Bring back the beef tallow!  Seriously, their fries have been inedible since they changed - used to be the best before that.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 12:37:20 am »
I remember when the sign said, 'Over 100,000 served!'   :bolt:

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 12:54:02 am »
Wow!  Thanks for posting; I wish I could remember when prices were that low.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:31 am »
Wow!  Thanks for posting; I wish I could remember when prices were that low.

Back when the U.S. dollar was worth near a buck.  When if you were earning $30K per year, you were doing well.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:57 am »
I remember the cheeseburger when it was 25 cents. You had to walk up to the window and get the food then eat on the patio or in the car..LOL

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:47:50 am »

Back when the U.S. dollar was worth near a buck.  When if you were earning $30K per year, you were doing well.

Unfortunately that means that the menu also indicates just how debased the US dollar has become in the course of a few decades.