Author Topic: Head NAG: Rush is God's Gift to Women  (Read 1073 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Head NAG: Rush is God's Gift to Women
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »
Head NAG: Rush is God's Gift to Women
March 13, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is Terry O'Neill.  She's the NAG president, National Organization for Women, the NOW gang. (We affectionately call 'em the NAGs.) It was in New Orleans Saturday at their convention.  All this outrage, all of this outrage that they have been spewing for a week -- how horrible it's been, how uncouth -- listen to her describe it.

O'NEILL:  The work we have ahead of us is not gonna be easy.  Right now it really seems like, you know, we've got this godsend named Rush Limbaugh --

NAGS: (giggling)

WOMAN: Wooo!

O'NEILL: -- who has, like dropped this thing in our lap, which is just wonderful.  But the road ahead is really not gonna be completely rosy.  We've got to be very clear on what the challenges are, and very clear about how we can move our own agenda forward in the current political climate.

RUSH:  Hey, it's been dropped in our lap! It is "just wonderful."  This Rush Limbaugh thing was just wonderful.  I thought they were outraged.  I thought they were offended.  I thought it was the worst thing they ever heard anybody say.  It's "wonderful."  What a political opportunity!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

O'Neill1

RUSH: Well, you just heard the head NOW gang lady say that I was a "godsend," and Dawn wanted to know: "Have you ever been called a 'godsend' by the NAGs?" And I said, "Come to think of it, no."  So we're breaking all kinds of new ground here.  A godsend! The NAGs called me a godsend.  So not only am I God's gift to Obama, I'm God's gift to women.

Eighty percent of the people in the CBS/New York Times poll are not better off. That has to be worse than it was under Carter, folks.  And what the women of America want is jobs.  They want an expanding economy, so we don't have to beg the government for their birth control pills.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald