Author Topic: Where is the Good News for Obama?  (Read 992 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Where is the Good News for Obama?
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:46 pm »
Where is the Good News for Obama?
February 28, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  By the way, folks, during all of this that's going on, where is the good news for Obama?  I have to jump in here and tell you there isn't any.  This is just out from Gallup:  Obama 43% approval, 50% negative opinion.  This is approaching an all-time low for Obama in Gallup.  Now, the conventional wisdom would have it that with a religious fanatic who's going to turn the White House into a Catholic cathedral, Obama ought to be soaring.  Unemployment, Gallup has said it's up a tenth of a point.  Their last report had unemployment at 9%.  They're saying it's 9.1% now.  This is Gallup and they've got their own survey to conduct it.  But where's the Obama good news?  Where is it all?  The news on home ownership today -- folks, we've got Obama cutting military health care in half.

The regime's "proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon."  So cutting defense.  The housing market, home prices -- what did I read, home prices are now at a low since 1982, or 2002, I forget which.  But it's in the tank.  And then the Wall Street Journal has a story today on how millionaire homes aren't being foreclosed on as quickly as cheaper homes.  Now you would think this is a 99% versus 1% thing.  But it's not.  The reason that millionaire homes are not being foreclosed on as fast as homes that cost under a million dollars is because those mortgages of homes that cost under a million dollars, they're getting packaged and sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as mortgage-backed securities.

Once again Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are hip deep in the housing crisis.  Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are hip deep in the reason for it.  Foreclosures on average Americans' homes are happening more rapidly than any other foreclosure because there's money in it for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the people selling these mortgages.  The way to look at this, if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were not involved in this, the foreclosure rate on average American homes would not be anywhere near what it is.  So the government is still negativly impacting the housing market.

TheHill.com has a poll, and they are puzzled.  They don't understand the poll results because what they've found is, their question, the most appropriate top tax rate for families earning $250,000 or more, 75% of the people said 30% or less.  Seventy-five percent of the people in TheHill.com poll do not support tax increases on the rich.  But what's fascinating about this question, the question did not tell people what the current tax rate is.  The question didn't say, "Today, people who earn 250 grand a year or more pay 35%.  What that you think their rate should be?"  Didn't mention a rate.  It just asked them what is the most appropriate top tax rate and the average Americans, by 75%, said 30%, 5% less than what it is.  The people over at The Hill are beside themselves.  They're scratching their heads, "What the hell have we done wrong here?  For two years we've been hitting the fact the rich aren't paying their fair share. Obama hits it every day. We go out and ask our readers, TheHill.com readers, and they come back and tell us 30% is the most the rich ought to be paying?"

Where is the good news for Obama?  There isn't any.  Not electoral news.  The fact that Afghanistan's in flames, the fact that the housing market's in flames, all that is good news for Obama, and I mean to say that, and I mean what I mean.  The chaos and the destruction that's taking place in the American mainstream economy is exactly the recipe for taking control of it, and that's why he likes the chaos.  The chaos in the health care sector is precisely why he likes the chaos, so he can take it over under the auspices of fixing it.  (imitating Obama) "Well, we'll have to move in here and straighten this out."  There's no good electoral news for Obama.  Likely voters prefer lower individual and business tax rates, TheHill.com poll.  Can't believe it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I got an e-mail here. "Dear Maha Rushie: I'm not arguing anything here. As I have said, 'I gave this primary to God a year ago,' and I hardly read anything about it. But what would you say to people who deeply believe that Santorum is really no different from Newt in his so-called conservatism, which is basically big government-driven? No experience in the private sector. Big government, big spender. Santorum's just a little more personally moral than Newt. Just asking. What would you say to somebody who thought that?"

Easy: Vote Romney, if that's what you think.

Not hard. If you think Santorum's a big spender, if you think he's big government guy -- he doesn't know what he's doing, no private sector experience; nothing but the government this, the government that -- vote Romney. Vote Ron Paul. I mean, you've got two choices. I'm gonna leave Obama out. I don't think anybody wants to vote Obama, but vote Romney if that's what you think. That's what I would tell you.

Economic news: "Home Prices Continue Slide as Winter Adds to Slowdown -- Durable goods demand falls the most in three years, down 4%." Remember, Stanley Greenberg, the memo last week came out from the Democracy Group (that's his polling unit for Democrats) warning Obama: If you guys think that you can convince the American people the economy is roaring back and win on that, you've got another thinking coming because you can't; because it isn't, and the American people know it. They're not living it. Home prices continue slide. Their houses are being foreclosed on while the 1% homes aren't. "Durable Goods Demand Falls the Most in Three Years," and, "Will Gas Prices Stall the Economy?" Let's not forget that.

That's a major factor in economic news. Can't take it out of the equation.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald