Author Topic: Today's Toons 2/28/12  (Read 7967 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 2/28/12
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click below for 0bama video:

Click below for related video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter P:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Michelle Obama’s Song (video)

Ricky Ricardo Santorum (video)

Top 0bama 2012 Slogans

Offline Davidfxs

Re: Today's Toons 2/28/12
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:31:47 am »
Thank you Pookie.
Liberals are like Slinkies, Good for nothing really. But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of Stairs.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:18 am »
Thank you Pookie.

You're welcome, David!

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »
yeah pookie!!

Offline C210n

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »

Thanks Pookie for your effort and hard work!

Just one comment though, as I can't look and interpret a cartoon like the 1st one today and then let it slide by...
[and won't re-display it either]

It appears to me to NOT be a conservative cartoon, and more like an attack on Rick Santorum. IMHO, we need to rally
behind our Conservative candidates, and this cartoon eviscerates one of them (and he is not my first choice). For the record, Rick would NOT be driven
by the ten commandments if/should he win in November. He probably has a better balance of faith than most other candidates, for that
matter. Depicting a the message that is NOT that cartoon, Rick does in fact portray a candidate that has actual thoughts, and is driven by conservative
values of individual liberty, property rights and Constitutional conservatism.

Thanks for listening!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:49:34 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!  My 2 cents on the Santorum cartoon: it's not necessarily anti-Santorum.  It could just be illustrating absurdity by being absurd.  Alternatively, many of us think it might be a good idea for the federal govt to return to something as basic as the ten commandments as a foundation for our laws rather than the hundreds of thousands of pages of regulation we have now.

I guess my "I Love Ricky" video could be interpreted as anti-Santorum as well.  A lot of times, humor is in the eyes of the beholder.  As far as I am concerned, your job (and mine as a video maker) is not to be a propagandist, but to be provocative.  Yes, there is a conservative point-of-view, but the purpose is not always to please the audience.  Sometimes you just want to illicit an emotional response.

In my case, I start out with an idea for a video, and what I end up with is what it is.  People will make of it what they will.  For example, the Santorum video struck me as funny, so I went with it.  I don't always calculate how people are going to interpret it from a political point of view.

Offline scootervanneuter

• World News Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »
Nice job as usual, Pookie!  :beer:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:05 pm »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »
Thanks Pookie for your effort and hard work!

Just one comment though, as I can't look and interpret a cartoon like the 1st one today and then let it slide by...
[and won't re-display it either]

It appears to me to NOT be a conservative cartoon, and more like an attack on Rick Santorum. IMHO, we need to rally
behind our Conservative candidates, and this cartoon eviscerates one of them (and he is not my first choice). For the record, Rick would NOT be driven
by the ten commandments if/should he win in November. He probably has a better balance of faith than most other candidates, for that
matter. Depicting a the message that is NOT that cartoon, Rick does in fact portray a candidate that has actual thoughts, and is driven by conservative
values of individual liberty, property rights and Constitutional conservatism.

Thanks for listening!

My pleasure, c210n! Well, even though he wouldn't, it wouldn't upset me if Rick's social "agenda" (which is what is displayed in the toon) were governed by the 10 Commandments. The cartoon is up to one's interpretation of course, but I can tell you that it does come from a conservative cartoonist. Now, I don't know who the cartoonist's favorite candidate is...if he has one. My first choice was Sarah, then it was Herman, now it's Newt...just ahead of Rick. Hopefully, for me, it won't be like '08, when I ended up having to vote for my 5th or 6th choice, i.e., McCain...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 04:17:07 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!  My 2 cents on the Santorum cartoon: it's not necessarily anti-Santorum.  It could just be illustrating absurdity by being absurd.  Alternatively, many of us think it might be a good idea for the federal govt to return to something as basic as the ten commandments as a foundation for our laws rather than the hundreds of thousands of pages of regulation we have now.

I guess my "I Love Ricky" video could be interpreted as anti-Santorum as well.  A lot of times, humor is in the eyes of the beholder.  As far as I am concerned, your job (and mine as a video maker) is not to be a propagandist, but to be provocative.  Yes, there is a conservative point-of-view, but the purpose is not always to please the audience.  Sometimes you just want to illicit an emotional response.

In my case, I start out with an idea for a video, and what I end up with is what it is.  People will make of it what they will.  For example, the Santorum video struck me as funny, so I went with it.  I don't always calculate how people are going to interpret it from a political point of view.

You're welcome, as always, massadvj & thanks for your 2 cents...which is always worth much more...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »
Nice job as usual, Pookie!  :beer:

Thanks, Scooter!

Offline C210n

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
re: Sarah, then it was Herman, now it's Newt...just ahead of Rick

Uncanny, not only are we thinking EXACTLY along the same lines, but in the same order as well!

Best,

My pleasure, c210n! Well, even though he wouldn't, it wouldn't upset me if Rick's social "agenda" (which is what is displayed in the toon) were governed by the 10 Commandments. The cartoon is up to one's interpretation of course, but I can tell you that it does come from a conservative cartoonist. Now, I don't know who the cartoonist's favorite candidate is...if he has one. My first choice was Sarah, then it was Herman, now it's Newt...just ahead of Rick. Hopefully, for me, it won't be like '08, when I ended up having to vote for my 5th or 6th choice, i.e., McCain...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 01:39:09 pm »
re: Sarah, then it was Herman, now it's Newt...just ahead of Rick

Uncanny, not only are we thinking EXACTLY along the same lines, but in the same order as well!

Best,

Great Minds... ;-)