Author Topic: Are Mitt Romney and Ron Paul in Cahoots?  (Read 1673 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Are Mitt Romney and Ron Paul in Cahoots?
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:30:24 pm »
Are Mitt Romney and Ron Paul in Cahoots?
February 23, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  "We've gotta get out of all these foreign wars.  There's so many foreign wars.  We've just got wars."  I'm gonna tell you something, folks. I could literally shoot myself.

Anyway, great to have you here, Rush Limbaugh and the EIB Network and the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies; 800-282-2882 is the phone number.  E-mail is ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

Folks, I want to read to you an e-mail that I sent to some friends dated January 13th.  Something took place on that day that caused me to have an epiphany.  And I kept it to myself.  When I got home that night and I started doing show prep for the program the following day. I composed a very brief e-mail, and here's what I said.  My brother was one of the recipients.  He'll confirm this on Twitter if any of you people doubt me.  Snerdley is saying, "Just read it!"  He-he-he-he.

I'm just beginning to see huge advantages to Romney if Ron Paul stays in.  I can see Romney offering a plum to Ron Paul's son (every father cares about such things.)  I can see Romney offering a plum to Paul's son and to not run third party to set his son up for the future.  If you've noticed, Ron Paul never rips Romney, which I know Romney appreciates.  In fact, Ron Paul joins the chorus of those defending Romney sometimes.

What I had detected, like an epiphany, all these debates I had never seen Ron Paul attack Romney, nor had I seen Romney attack Ron Paul.  I saw Ron Paul attacking everybody else.  And, of course, everybody else was attacking -- well, not everybody did attack Ron Paul because he's like the crazy uncle down in the basement. You smile when he opens his mouth, but the guy, folks, I must tell you here, Ron Paul is totally irresponsible when it comes to the subject of Iran and US foreign policy.  This notion that we are responsible for Iran getting a nuke and that we can't blame them because of what we've done?  He almost sounds at times like Jeremiah Wright, America's chickens have come home to roost.  But Ron Paul is dangerous.  They have a nuke because they feel threatened by us.  I mean they're state sponsors of terrorism for decades.

It's dangerously irresponsible.  And because he has the temperament of a lovable old uncle, people kind of wink and nod the other way.  Nobody goes after him.  But if you'll notice, that's not really the point.  The point is that there is an alliance between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.  This is what I have been remiss in not mentioning.  So last night after the debate, I start doing show prep and I see all this stuff in the British press about Romney may be offering Rand Paul the vice presidency and I'm saying to myself, "I know I mentioned this in an e-mail to some of my friends." I told my brother about it and went and found the e-mail, and that's the one that I just read to you.  (interruption) No, no, no.  Look, don't misunderstand.  I'm just stating an obvious.

I'm not being critical here.  I'm just pointing out something that is obvious.  Romney is never criticized by Paul but Paul has criticized everybody else that has become the most popular not-Mitt of the moment.  Last night it was Santorum.  "You're a fake."  Well, I mean this is really cool.  Here you go making excuses for it.  You did it but now you're running for president, you wouldn't do it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Back to the very beginning here: What is paramountly obvious now... And, by the way, if you are a Romney guy and a supporter, you're thinking, "This is brilliant, a brilliant campaign tactic."

Whether it's true or not that there has been an actual meeting of the minds in conversations and strategy developed between the two guys, it is clear that there's a hands-off policy between Paul to Romney and vice-versa. Paul does not attack Romney. Ron Paul attacks every one of Romney's opponents; Romney doesn't attack Paul. And so last night, we start seeing these stories in the British press. One of them, Toby Harnden, was that Ron Paul would be offered the veep slot. Then another one followed that and said maybe Rand Paul, and then Rand Paul put out a statement saying he would be honored to be Romney's VP.

And that's when I said, "Damn it! Damn it, I wrote that e-mail on the 13th of January. I saw this, I knew what was happening, and I didn't say anything about it."

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Are Mitt Romney and Ron Paul in Cahoots?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
A month or so ago on one of the Facebook election blogs someone posted they have a friend working for Romney and there was some sort of arrangement between he and Paul and he definitely wanted Paul to stay in the race.  Who knows if these things are true or not true.   :shrug:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:37 pm »

RUSH:  "We've gotta get out of all these foreign wars.  There's so many foreign wars.  We've just got wars."

There are ways of defeating al Qaeda, Taliban and I'ma-dinnerjacket, other than launching costly, last-century wars, Rush.  Jeez, we defeated the Soviet Empire without "going to war."  Just as there should be ways of boarding a plane safely without a TSA pat down and the billions it costs us just to do that. 

Not everything requires a mindless, full-scale, bureaucratic response.  Work smart, not hard.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »
RUSH:  "We've gotta get out of all these foreign wars.  There's so many foreign wars.  We've just got wars."

There are ways of defeating al Qaeda, Taliban and I'ma-dinnerjacket, other than launching costly, last-century wars, Rush.  Jeez, we defeated the Soviet Empire without "going to war."  Just as there should be ways of boarding a plane safely without a TSA pat down and the billions it costs us just to do that. 

Not everything requires a mindless, full-scale, bureaucratic response.  Work smart, not hard.

Thanks for that nice refreshing dose of bromide (BURRRRP!)

Now other than the catchy soundbites, do you have any specifics on those "other ways" of dealing with the maniacal SOBs you mentioned??

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:26 pm »

AC....you should know that your Rush quote here was him speaking in a Ron Paul voice.  And whiney....just the way Ron Paul gets when he gets started.

He was imitating Ron Paul.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:12 pm »
Thanks for that nice refreshing dose of bromide (BURRRRP!)

Now other than the catchy soundbites, do you have any specifics on those "other ways" of dealing with the maniacal SOBs you mentioned??

Assassinations?  Drones?  Sabotage?  We've been attempting to stabilize or destabilize regimes for a century.  The folks in Iran were ready to challenge their regime and this president passed.  The locals are restless in other hot spots in the Middle East too and may be ready for a Berlin-Wall moment -- incited by the Internet!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
AC....you should know that your Rush quote here was him speaking in a Ron Paul voice.  And whiney....just the way Ron Paul gets when he gets started.

He was imitating Ron Paul.

Yes, I knew that.  I'm agreeing with Paul.