Author Topic: Limbaugh on Santorum and Satan  (Read 1096 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Limbaugh on Santorum and Satan
« on: February 22, 2012, 03:02:09 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=BD4A0773-BFB7-4477-ACD7-45042CAF38E6

Limbaugh on Santorum and Satan
By: Mackenzie Weinger
February 21, 2012 05:37 PM EST

Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show Tuesday that Rick Santorum will have to explain his warning that “Satan has his sights on the United States of America.”

“It’s part of the predictable attempt to impugn Santorum as an absolute religious nut and wacko,” Limbaugh said. “But he did say these things and he’ll have to have an answer for these things when queried.”

The speech Santorum made at Ave Maria University in 2008 in which he said Satan has set his sights on the United States exploded across the Web and headlined the Drudge Report on Tuesday.

“This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country — the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age,” the Republican presidential contender said in August 2008. “He attacks all of us and he attacks all of our institutions.”

“Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity and sensuality as the root to attack all of these strong plants that have so deeply rooted in the American tradition,” Santorum added.

Limbaugh, who said the focus on Santorum’s speech shows that a “double standard does exist,” added that the former Pennsylvania senator’s comments are “not the kind of stuff you hear a presidential candidate talk about.”

“That stuff is out there,” Limbaugh said, according to a transcript of the show. “It’s headlined on Drudge and the left has it, and Santorum will have to deal with it. He’ll have to answer it. I don’t know. It’s just not the kind of stuff you hear a presidential candidate talk about. It’s not ordinary in that sense.”

In the speech, Santorum also said Satan was “the most and first successful” in conquering academia, which he said “a long time ago fell.”

The next, Santorum said, “was the church.”

“We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country, and it is in shambles. It is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it,” Santorum said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Limbaugh on Santorum and Satan
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:13 am »
I'm sorry folks.  I'm Catholic, like Santorum, and he just flat gives me the creeps.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Limbaugh on Santorum and Satan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:26:21 am »
Obviously, not my first choice, but Santorum was my senator and I was very comfortable with him.  Not threatened by his religiosity in the least.  He was abour as solidly conservative as anyone in the senate.  Definitely better than Romney.  At this point, Santorum and Gingrich are our only hope for a brokered convention.

You can bet all of this is the Romney slime machine at work once again.