Author Topic: Clyburn: Newt Wants White Kids to See Black Kids as Servants  (Read 1123 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Clyburn: Newt Wants White Kids to See Black Kids as Servants
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »
Clyburn: Newt Wants White Kids to See Black Kids as Servants
January 18, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jim Clyburn of the Congressional Black Caucasians this afternoon on MSNBC Andrea Mitchell NBC Reports, they're having a discussion about Clyburn's criticism of Gingrich. By the way, we have sound bites coming on this. The long knives are out for Newt on this "food stamp president" and janitor work for school kids. It was racist. Oh, the media is going nuts over this. It was racist. Wait 'til you hear some of these bites coming up. This is one of them. It's a little out of order, but I wanted to get to it. To James Clyburn, the former chairman of the Congressional Black Caucasians, Andrea Mitchell said, "Tell me what you think is wrong with the way that Gingrich characterized his outreach, jobs for young people."

CLYBURN: People who are poor are not suffering from any kind of a work ethic. I grew up pretty poor, but I got up at four o'clock in the mornings and delivered milk on a milk truck before going to school at 8:30, and I don't need Newt Gingrich to tell me what it is to have a work ethic. What he is talking about is stratifying people. He's saying that the poor children in their schools ought to be the janitors in their schools so that the other people in the schools, who aren't so poor, can see them, uh, as their servants.

RUSH: (laughing)

CLYBURN: To talk about what his daughter may have done, his daughter was never a janitor in the school that she attended -- and that, to me, is a double standard.

RUSH: (laughing)

CLYBURN: I understand what he's saying, and most African-Americans understand what he is saying, and we are not gonna stand for it.

RUSH: (laughing) So it's all about servants! The white kids want to be black kids as servants, and that's Newt's hidden agenda. Now, we sit here and laugh. I guarantee you, folks, the sad thing about America today is there are a significant number of people who will hear James Clyburn say that and agree -- and they're Democrats, and they will think exactly that. All he's gotta do is put the thought in their head, and so, "Yeah, yeah, what he's talking about is stratify! He wants the poor children in the schools ought to be the janitors so that the other people who aren't so poor can see them as their servants." There is literally intellectually no way to get there from what Newt said. Zilch, zero, nada, but... (laughing) They're servants! All of this for just mentioning food stamps. Isn't Clyburn a public servant Clyburn's a public servant, frankly, is not doing a good job, either. Not for me. You know, clean was one of the Obama supporters played the race card on Bill Clinton in South Carolina in 2008 -- and Clinton did not like it.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Re: Clyburn: Newt Wants White Kids to See Black Kids as Servants
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

:thud:

You can't fix stupid, but science is working on it.  Hang in there, Jim.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Clyburn: Newt Wants White Kids to See Black Kids as Servants
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
No doubt, Mr. Clyburn, but I understand Newt would really like it even more if our black servants could dance, too.

Mr. Clyburn is "stuck on stupid"!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org