Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: Time to ‘focus on’ personal lives of journalists  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Rapunzel

January 19, 2012
  http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/19/rush-limbaugh-its-time-to-focus-on-the-personal-lives-of-journalists/#ixzz1jxxXvA5l

Rush Limbaugh: Time to ‘focus on’ personal lives of journalists
Published: 3:04 PM 01/19/2012 | Updated: 5:11 PM 01/19/2012

The hoopla surrounding the ABC News interview with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s second ex-wife, Marianne Gingrich, has raised a question for conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh: How come journalists aren’t held to the same standard they hold those they investigate to?

On his Thursday show, Limbaugh asked that question and said that it was appropriate to do so since the media is no longer just reporting, but passing judgment as well.

“That’s another thing, this always gets me — are journalists monogamous?” Limbaugh asked. “Are journalists faithful? Are they as clean and pure as the wind-driven snow? This is what has always fascinated me. These people — the sportswriter guys, the news media guys — they all get to sit in judgment as though they live perfect lives. And then when you try to turn the focus on them, ‘Oh no, no, no, no, no. I’m just a reporter. It doesn’t matter.’ It certainly does because you’re not reporting. You’re passing judgment.” (RELATED: Limbaugh proposes $50k bounty for proof of sexual harassment by Politico employees [VIDEO])

Limbaugh suggested an investigation into ABC News’ Brian Ross, the reporter who interviewed Marianne Gingrich for the segment that is set to air tonight.

“But there’s never been an investigation of say Brian Ross and who he is, how did he get his grades, where did he go to school, how did he get the job at ABC, who does he, whatever. We never get that about journalists,” he said. “And when you try, they have a conniption fit.”

Limbaugh predicted that the Gingrich story, along with other stories that have damaged the Republican Party presidential field, will cause a backlash.

“At some point — and we’ve seen it before — at some point there is going to be a mainstream media backlash,” he said. “Now I don’t know whether this is enough to cause it. But at some point, if this keeps up, there will be a huge backlash against the media. Do not let them clear our field. We’ll see. We’ll see how it manifests itself.”

Follow Jeff on Twitter

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Rush Limbaugh: Time to ‘focus on’ personal lives of journalists
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:00:04 am »
Great point, but ain't gonna happen....

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »
Great point, but ain't gonna happen....

I dunno, we do have the power of the internet now, and private individuals can make a difference if enough of us report on what we know and what we can find out and use the internet to put it all together.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

What Rush is suggesting is, in mob lingo, we go to the mattresses.  I'm okay with that -- hypocrisy cuts both ways.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »
What Rush is suggesting is, in mob lingo, we go to the mattresses.  I'm okay with that -- hypocrisy cuts both ways.

Ok, as long as we don't have to share the same mattress!   :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »
Reading the Perry Postmortem and the dispicable TX media, they are only the tip of the iceberg, it really is time to hit back, one reason I have been twittering more is to give my two cents to some of the so-called conservative pundit/reporters.......... and one thing I can tell you is the more I read his twitters the more I detest Dick Morris.......  but what about the reporter in Tx who has made it his life to prove whether Perry is gay or not.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776