Author Topic: On My Honor: Why the American Values of the Boy Scouts Are Worth Fighting for  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.amazon.com/My-Honor-American-Values-Fighting/dp/0979646227/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326578542&sr=1-3

On My Honor: Why the American Values of the Boy Scouts Are Worth Fighting for [Hardcover]
Rick Perry (Author), Ross Perot (Foreword)

February 12, 2008

In On My Honor, Texas governor Rick Perry, through the legacy of the Boy Scouts of America, takes dead aim at the moral relativism of the secular humanist movement, indicting its corrosive impact on the culture. Examining the left's legal assaults on the Boy Scouts of America - which span more than 30 years - Perry offers prescient insight into the multi-faceted war, which pits the proponents of traditional American values against the radical leftist movement that seeks to tear down our social foundations.

On My Honor underscores the depth to which the culture warriors of the left will go to force their secular humanist minority view upon American society and revered American institutions. It is a revealing look at a culture war that rages close to the surface of American life, and it is a must read for any American concerned that our society is slipping from the high moral ground of liberty to the valley of license.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Interesting, I saw on Twitter where some people have recently read this and were impressed with the Gov's writing.  What caught my eye is Ross Perot wrote the forward.  So, is Perry friends of Perot?  If so that certainly helps shed a bit of light on the antipathy the Bush family has to Perry.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776