Author Topic: We Should Not be Surprised by the Left's Racist Hit Job on Herman Cain  (Read 1130 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We Should Not be Surprised by the Left's Racist Hit Job on Herman Cain

October 31, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  You know, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, folks.  After all of these years, none of us should be surprised, but I still am.  Look at how quickly what is known as the mainstream media goes for the ugliest racial stereotypes they can to attack a black conservative.  You know who's laughing himself silly today is Bill Clinton.  (imitating Clinton) "Yeah, I really did it.  Ha-ha.  They praised me and they went as far out of their way as they could.  Even my old buddy Carville is out there and he's saying, 'Look what happens when you drag a dollar bill through a trailer park, you get Paula Jones.'  I have everybody defending me and they're going after this black guy, and they're going after him with some of the ugliest racial stereotypes I have ever seen.  That's how our side does it; we get away with it.  I just love it.  I love watching it."

What's next, folks?  A cartoon on MSNBC showing Herman Cain with huge lips eating a watermelon?  What are they gonna do next?  No, Snerdley, I'm not kidding.  The racial stereotypes that these people are using to go after Herman Cain, what is the one thing that it tells us?  It tells us who the real racists are, yeah, but it tells us that Herman Cain is somebody.  Something's going on out there. Herman Cain obviously is making some people nervous for this kind of thing to happen. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's do this Herman Cain story.  I started out by talking about Clinton, and Bill Clinton must be laughing himself sick over this hit job from The Politico on Cain.  And Cain now has denied it, without question.  He has categorically denied any of this.  But a story like this involving Bill Clinton, why, Clinton would be getting high fives, millions of dollars of campaign contributions from the NAGs.  If this story were about Bill Clinton, the left would be circling the wagons doing everything they can to fend off the charge.  I mean this story is a joke that can only truly be appreciated by Clinton and other sexual predators.  The sources, which include the recollections of close associates and other documentation, describe episodes that left the women upset and offended.

"These incidents include conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature, taking place at hotels during conferences, at other officially sanctioned restaurant association events and at the association’s offices. There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable."  What the hell could that be?  Need help here.  What physical gestures that were not overtly sexual, what could they be that would make you uncomfortable that would fall in line with sexual harassment?  What in the world could they be?  (interruption)  Well, that would be overtly sexual if he did that.  There were descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual.  Licked his lips with his tongue while looking at them.  Well, dream on.  "Made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship." That appears to be it.  That appears to be it.

Now, we don't have any evidence of ice packs on a busted lip as we had with Juanita Broaddrick and Bill Clinton.  Yeah, Bill Clinton and Juanita Broaddrick, "Hey babe, you better put some ice on that, you're bleeding at the lip."  We don't have any of that.  This story appears to me to be a close relative of the hit job that the Washington Post is doing on Marco Rubio.  It's not a news story.  This is gutter partisan politics, and it's the politics of minority conservative personal destruction, is what you've got here.  Rubio and Cain unfit to lead, don't you see. We cannot have a black Republican running for the office of president.  We can't have one elected.  We can't have an Hispanic.

The left owns those two groups, and those two groups are gonna forever be minorities. Those groups cannot ever be seen to be self-sufficient or rising above, on their own. Those two groups are owned -- lock, stock, and barrel -- by the Democrat Party and anything good that happens to any black or Hispanic in American politics can only happen via the Democrat Party. "If it happens elsewhere, we're gonna destroy those people -- a la Clarence Thomas." (interruption) No. Herman Cain doesn't have a bimbo eruptions person like Betsey What's Her Name, Betsey Wright. During the '92 presidential campaign, some of you youngsters out there may not remember this but during the '92 presidential campaign there were all kinds of bimbos popping up all over the country claiming that Clinton had actually done things at them, not just engaged in gestures that "were not overtly sexual."

They had Betsey Wright and she was in charge of "bimbo eruptions." That was her title, and whenever a bimbo erupted, they sent Betsey Wright on her to pay 'em off or to shut 'em up or to threaten 'em or what have you. But I tell you what this really is. It really is about blacks and Hispanics getting too "uppity." That's what this is. "You don't achieve in American politics as a Republican, as a self-reliant individual or conservative. You don't do it. You try it and we're going to destroy you!" Washington Post and Marco Rubio last week and the week before; today, Herman Cain. Now Clinton is laughing because he knows the media and the liberals are gonna treat a black conservative far different than how they would treat any Democrat.

Nobody is gonna ask Bill Clinton to comment on this. (That's why I'm doing it for him.) No one's gonna be ask Hillary Clinton to comment. The last time something this came up with Bill Clinton and they asked Hillary about it on the Today show, she blamed the "vast right-wing conspiracy" for it. So what you have here is a wonderful, marvelous, all-consuming story for the State-Controlled Media, classic the crime hit job on a black conservative, and it is a distraction -- and let's not forget what's really going on out there. Fast and Furious. There are now 17 congressmen demanding Eric Holder's resignation for his department giving thousands of deadly weapons (paid for with taxpayer money to Mexican drug cartels) that have resulted in 200 murders. That happened in the Obama regime.

There is Solyndra and the ongoing crony capitalism scandal of "green energy" that is taking place. Record level of food stamps. Democrats all over the news today saying it looks bad for Obama. We have the rise of radical Islam in the Middle East. The Occupy Wall Street story is starting to backfire. We have Steve Jobs in his biography, the Walter Isaacson biography describing a "can't-do president." Jobs is quoted by Isaacson as saying Obama disappointed him because every time Jobs and his group of entrepreneurs meeting with Obama suggested something, Obama would say, "Well, we just can't do that. We can't get that done," and Jobs did not allow that at Apple. There was no such thing as you can't do it. There is a marvelous story.

In fact, Wallace Isaacson's book on Steve Jobs has me mesmerized. In fact, I have finished it. It's over 600 pages. I was unable to put it down. I learned a lot of things I didn't know about Steve Jobs, not all of them pretty. But this book has given rise to every emotion I have. I've gotten choked up. I've got misty-eyed. I've gotten angry. I've felt regret. I've felt short-changed. Every emotion possible to have I've had reading this book. There's one story about the iPhone to illustrate Jobs' frustration with Obama (although I'm putting two things together here to arrive at this conclusion). Jobs wanted and needed a particular kind of glass for the iPhone display, a touch screen and it had to be very strong glass and so forth. And he found a guy at Corning who, years ago, had developed a process.

But they had given it up. There was never a market for it, years and years ago, and it was languishing as a process that Corning wasn't doing. Jobs went and talked to the guy. His name was Weeks, Wendell Weeks, the CEO of Corning. Weeks said, "We can't do this." Jobs said, "Don't be afraid. You can do it. Get your arms around it; you can do it," and they did it. The Corning guy did it in a record amount of time, and the Corning guy's got one memento in his office, one framed memento, and it's a note from Steve Jobs: "We couldn't have done it without you," being the iPhone. So here's jobs Obama, Obama telling Jobs, "We can't do this. It's probably politics. We just can't get it done," and Jobs saying (paraphrased), "I'm disappointed as hell with the guy. We don't know what that is.

"He can't get it done. Obama can't get anything done. Everybody's frustrated with him." Now they've sent out Michelle Obama in an unprecedented role. She is going to the homes of rich people in Florida to rip rich people -- uh, rich Republicans. They have turned her into an attack dog on the campaign trail. That's unprecedented for a first lady. These are the things that are going on, ladies and gentlemen, while they try to destroy Herman Cain. Obama is a can't-do president: Solyndra, Fast and Furious, the absolute scandal that is the Porkulus stimulus, the destruction of the US economy -- and The Politico and the mainstream media has launched an unconscionable, racially stereotypical attack on an independent, self-reliant conservative black because for  him that behavior is not allowed. Now, if we had...

I want to look at a couple things today from a different perspective. What would the left be doing right now if, let's say, there were an assault on Obama of this nature. Let's say that some conservative publication ran a story exactly like this: Unnamed sources, 15 years ago, with every detail of Obama sexual harassment. What would the Democrat national committee and what would the media be doing? They would be going after the women. They would be targeting these women, and they would name names, and they would destroy them. That is what the Democrats and the media would do. They would set out to find out who these women are that talked to the conservative publication and they would destroy them.

They would call these women racists for trying to destroy a black politician. They would claim that they're working for the Republican National Committee. They would claim that these two women (or these women, whoever), had been hired by the Republican National Committee to engage in this smear and lie campaign against Obama. They would go after these women. They would destroy them. They would make the women the bad guys. They would dig into every minor thing in these women's lives that they have ever done. They would trash them, they would make them prove the unprovable -- because this is war, and that's how they fight it. Anything goes, as far as they're concerned, and they cannot allow a black or an Hispanic to rise to the top of a political establishment that is not Democrat.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You think I'm wrong about this? Jackie Robinson in the 1960s was denounced. Jackie Robinson, who broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball, was denounced as an "Uncle Tom" because he supported Republicans in the 1960s. Jackie Robinson. The left, the Democrat Party of the day called Jackie Robinson an Uncle Tom. Throughout the history of this program people have called and asked me, "Why do Republicans do X?" or, "Why don't Republicans do Y?" This is your answer: The Republican Party is scared to death of the mainstream media. They are deathly afraid of it. Herman Cain was not. Herman Cain exhibited no fear of the mainstream media. Herman Cain, on the campaign trail, is saying what he believes; proposing what he's proposing.

This is how the mainstream media keeps the Republican Party in check: They're scared to death of this kind of thing happening to them. Pure and simple. It's also why (I'm just predicting) you're not going to see too many people in the official Republican establishment rise up to Herman Cain's defense. You know, if this exact circumstance (as I just mentioned) had happened in a conservative publication, not only would the Democrats and the media be going after the women -- as James Carville did and others during the Clinton years -- they'd be going after the reporters. They'd be going after the publication. Anybody who had anything to do with the story, it would be search-and-destroy. Our side will not do that. Herman Cain stood up to the media, he did not act afraid, and so he had to be slapped down. Is it coincidental this all happened at night before he's to address the National Press Club.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know, folks, we don't even have to go back to the ancient days of the Clinton administration to see the double standard that exists here. Look at the contortions that the news media went through to ignore the Anthony Weiner story. Remember how they just did everything they could to ignore that. And then they wanted to find out what the women were. Remember that? That's right. They wanted to find out who the women were that Anthony Weiner was texting -- and then they wanted to attack Andrew Breitbart for daring to bring it up. They did everything they could to deflect attention away from Weiner.

The problem in this case was that Weiner was not a very sympathetic figure, and his name did not do much to help this. His name made the whole story a laughingstock. So when they couldn't ignore it, when they couldn't get anybody else to ignore it, the media also just laughed about it. Look at how they ignored the John Edwards story! Look at how they went out of their way to cover that up. Look at how they went out of their way to do everything they could to make sure nobody find out about the John Edwards story. You compare Clinton, John Edwards, Anthony Weiner to this? Now, Cain's flatly denying this, but I'm gonna tell you something here, folks: The Democrats are desperate. They are as desperate as are their accomplices in the crime.

So get used to this. The Democrats are on the verge of losing the Senate and the White House. In that circumstance, no smear is too low because everything's at stake here. Liberalism's at stake. Liberalism is at risk of getting a pink slip. Liberalism, the ideology, is now the target. Leftists will do anything possible to keep it alive and themselves in power. So everybody looking down the road a year from now to an October Surprise, an Obama October Surprise? It's gonna be a political bloodbath, a scaremongering freak fest the likes we have not seen before. That's what we're in store for, and this is the warm-up act. This is the harbinger.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's go back to last Friday on MSNBC, the Martin Bashir show.  He had among his guests Democrat strategist Karen Finney.  Listen to Karen Finney describe Herman Cain and the Republican Party fascination with him.

FINNEY:  One of the things about Herman Cain is I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racists because they can like this guy. I think he is giving that base a free pass.

BASHIR:  Wow.

FINNEY:  And I think they like him because they think he is a black man who knows his place and I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me.

RUSH:  There you have a classic illustration of the Democrat Party stereotype when in fact, who was it, Ms. Finney, that came up with the term "Magic Negro" to describe Barack Obama?  Who was it that was talking about his lack of authenticity because he had a white mother?  Who was it all during the 2008 presidential campaign talking about how white Americans could finally vote for a guy who was clean and articulate?  It was Joe Biden.  And assuage their guilt.  Roger Simon, one of the top dogs at Politico accused Republicans of being racists on Reliable Sources on CNN over the weekend.  Karen Finney sounds like a plantation wife of old.  You've got the good blacks and you got the bad blacks and there's Karen Finney, Democrat Party strategist, telling us who the good blacks are and who the bad blacks are.  And telling us, the Republican base, we like Herman Cain.

By the way, we didn't like Ronald Reagan because of his issues either.  We liked him because he was avuncular, he smiled, grandfatherly type actor guy. Herman Cain, we like him because finally there's a black guy we can point to that we like so people can think that we're not racists.  Projection, my friends, Karen Finney is projecting exactly how the Democrats feel when they support a black candidate.  As I say, this is a forerunner.  Get ready because more like this will be happening from now until the November 2012 election.

END TRANSCRIPT

_____________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Badeye

Re: We Should Not be Surprised by the Left's Racist Hit Job on Herman Cain
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:40:30 pm »
The clip Rush just played of Cain in front of the press club is priceless.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:57:26 am »
Sexual harassment is sexual harassment regardless of skin color and regardless of political persuasion.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:16:37 pm »
Sexual harassment is sexual harassment regardless of skin color and regardless of political persuasion.
Assuming there really was any.  Anymore, saying hello in the "wrong" tone of voice is being perceived as sexual harassment.  This story is a non-starter to me, and I'm far from being a Cain fan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org