Author Topic: We Haven't Lost Our Ambition and Imagination, Mr. President. You've Stifled It!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We Haven't Lost Our Ambition and Imagination, Mr. President. You've Stifled It!
October 26, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: At a campaign fundraiser in San Francisco yesterday afternoon here is Obama, in his view, telling his supporters what's wrong with America.

OBAMA: We've lost our ambition, our -- our imagination, and -- and -- our willingness to do the things that built the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam and unleashed all the potential in this country.

RUSH: We haven't lost our ambition, and we haven't lost our imagination. You, sir, have stifled it. You and your party have stifled it. The people in this country have their imagination. The people of this country still have their dreams and their willingness to do things. You stand in the way. The federal government stands in the way. Mountainous regulations. We did build the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, the Hoover Dam, and the Empire State Building in ten years -- and we did it in the middle of the Great Depression. You couldn't do it today. Regardless the ambition, imagination, willingness, or desire, you couldn't do it in ten years today. Look at Ground Zero in Manhattan. You couldn't do it. I mean, physically it could be done, but it couldn't be legally done.

The regulations, the obstacles, the environmental impact lawsuits, environmental destruction, all of that. No, couldn't be done. Progress, growth, ambition are stifled by the American left. I'm reading Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, the biography, and he developed a pretty good relationship with Rupert Murdoch because they were putting together a joint publication for the iPad called The Daily. In getting to know each other, Jobs invited Murdoch to his house for dinner a couple times and joked to Isakson that he had to hide the knives in the kitchen 'cause his wife was such a liberal and hated Murdoch. Jobs tells Isakson in the biography that he told Murdoch (summarized), "You're blowing it with Fox News. The axis is not liberal-versus-conservative today.

"The axis is constructive versus destructive, and you're missing it, Rupe. You're missing it. Fox News, you're blowing it. That's gonna be your legacy and you're gonna hate it." One of the things that as struck me about Jobs in the Isakson biography is how wrong Jobs was about so much, starting early on in his career. Not criticism. He was just wrong about a tremendous number of things, in areas of his expertise and outside his areas of expertise. But the notion that the axis is no longer liberal versus conservative and constructive versus destructive, what's the difference? Liberalism is destructive. We're witnessing it. Liberalism presides over decline. Liberalism causes decline. Liberalism causes stagnation. Liberalism stifles ambition, dreams, willingness, growth. Conservatism is constructiveness! There's no doubt about it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Grab audio sound bite five again.  This is Obama late yesterday in San Francisco talking about America.

OBAMA: We've lost our ambition, our -- our imagination, and -- and -- our willingness to do the things that built the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam and unleashed all the potential in this country.

RUSH:  Obamaville.  Everywhere in America is Obamaville, but this reminded me, we went back to the archives July 15th, 1979, Jimmy Carter at the White House.

CARTER:  It is a crisis of confidence.  It is a crisis that strikes at the very heart and soul and spirit of our national will.  We can see this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives, and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation.

RUSH:  Isn't it amazing what happens when Democrats run the show?  So here's Obama now. I said this was gonna be Jimmy Carter's second term and it's just playing out exactly like that.  Can you imagine, 1979, this was pretty close to the same period of time in the campaign schedule as we are now.  That is an amazing, crisis, he's the president saying this.  It was a self-indictment.  Crisis of confidence.  Crisis that strikes the very heart and soul.  We see this crisis in a growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives.  (laughing)  What an indictment!  The meaning of our own lives, and in the loss of a unity of purpose of our nation.  Wonder why that happened?  And I think that there's a certain element of that sentiment that exists in a lot of people now.

It really is.  I can't tell you the number of people I run into who have very fortunately escaped some of the ravages of this downturn economy, but they're still not happy.  And I've talked about it with them, and they're not happy because of the state of the country at large.  They would be perfectly able to say, "Well, you know, the rest of country is over there doing this with unemployment, I'm okay," and they'd be running around yukking it up and having fun, and they're not.  It's just amazing.  There is a malaise that is out there, and it's permeated all groups, all socioeconomic groups because at the heart of it every American understands this is just not how it happens in this country.  This is not what this country is all about.  This is not how we go about fixing our problems.

There is a general unease and a lack of confidence about where we're headed and it's directly traceable to the White House.  Everybody looks to the White House for answers, for inspiration, for leadership.  We're not getting any of that.  There's no optimism.  And whenever Obama tries, like talking to the kids in the Denver today saying, (imitating Obama) "When I wake up, I look out and I look at people like you, and I'm comforted, America's best days are ahead."  Nobody believes him.  When Ronald Reagan said it, everybody believed it.  But when Obama says it nobody believes it because there's no commensurate policy.  There's no action that accompanies the sentiment.  It's getting worse each and every day.

END TRANSCRIPT

_________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald