Author Topic: It's Not Over for Rick Perry  (Read 1371 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's Not Over for Rick Perry
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »
It's Not Over for Rick Perry
October 13, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Who's next? Ann in... umm... in,... Pennsylvania, great to have you on the program.

CALLER: Kresgeville, Pennsylvania. (giggles)

RUSH: Kresgeville.

CALLER: Hello?

RUSH: It's spelled K-r-s-g-e, and that's "Krs'geville," and I never heard of that, and I know Pennsylvania.

CALLER: No, it's K-r-e. Kres, K-r-e-s-g.

RUSH: I've got it now.

CALLER: (giggles)

RUSH: You're in Kresgeville.

CALLER: It's an honor to speak to you, sir.

RUSH: I know. I know. Thank you very much.

CALLER: I've listened to you since you burst through the airwaves with your excellence in conservatism.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: And I need to speak to you about three points if I can.

RUSH: Sure. Fire away.

CALLER: And the first one is about Romneycare, and I'm very concerned because he defended Romneycare the night of the debate. When Perry talked to him about it, he said, "Well, all of the children in my state have health care and your state doesn't," and when he said that, he was defending his Romneycare.

RUSH: Well, he's made a decision, he's not gonna back off of it.

CALLER: No.

RUSH: That's the decision that he's made.

CALLER: And then he said, "Well, I wasn't with President Obama on this," but yet I'm concerned about his ideology and what his subliminal message is regarding his love for Romneycare, and it just concerns me that people are just talking about his performance. I listen to Fox News, all I hear is performance, performance, performance. Everybody says, "You know, you gotta have the great performance!"

RUSH: You know, that is an excellent point you're making. That is how these people are judged. It's the television age, and that's how Obama is still judged. I can watch the inside-the-Beltway media types marvel. "Obama makes a great speech," it doesn't matter what he says.

CALLER: Well, just give him an Emmy and send them on their way for their acting ability, 'cause they're getting away with... They're trying to put Cain in who has no governance experience.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: He an excellent person, I love Mr. Cain, but he has no governance experience. And then you look at the others who have no governance experience, and the only one that does is a man who doesn't speak -- and that's Perry. He won against Kay Bailey Hutchison.

RUSH: Now, wait. He speaks.

CALLER: Hmm? I'm sorry?

RUSH: He speaks. I mean Perry talks. He just doesn't --

CALLER: Yeah, but he coulda come back at Mr. Romney and said, "Oh, well, then you do love your Romneycare. You're defending it."

RUSH: Yeah. So you don't believe Romney when he says he'd repeal Obamacare?

CALLER: No, I don't believe that! How would I believe that? He's like Obama. He moved to the right and he's like what Mr. Perry said: He's Obama light.

RUSH: Well...

CALLER: I don't believe this.

RUSH: Okay, so --

CALLER: I think that we've gotta stop this with the "performance."

RUSH: All right. So you're --

CALLER: And look at -- look at -- you know, we're put -- we're trying to put people in who have no experience in governance.

RUSH: Yeah. Yeah. Well, so your default choice, then, is Rick Perry?

CALLER: Pardon me? I couldn't hear you.

RUSH: Your default choice is Rick Perry, then?

CALLER: Yes! Because he's successful and he is against global warming. He comes out and says it, and he's not perfect. Nobody's perfect. But I think the people in Texas really like him.

RUSH: He's a damn good-looking guy, a lot of people tell me.

CALLER: Come on!

RUSH: (laughing)

CALLER: And, you know, nobody's really listening to what he's saying. They all attacked him, I remember at the first debate. He says, "Nobody will let me finish talking," and when he said that with his -- that injection, that, you know, the -- whatever that was --

RUSH: (laughing)

CALLER: -- that immunization thing, he said, "Oh, oh..." He says people could have opted out.

RUSH: You know, you can lament this, Ann, all you want, but it isn't gonna change. It's the TV Age, and how one comes across on television is crucial, and nothing is really going to change that. It's a reality that everybody involved has to deal with, process however they wish. But, I'm glad you called. I appreciate it.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Look, it's not over for Rick Perry by a long shot. There's much more than debates that people get judged on. Speeches on the stump that are seen on television, campaign ads and so forth.

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

Re: It's Not Over for Rick Perry
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:46:23 am »
Even tho Romney flat out lied about wanting the health care mandate for the entire country, at the FNC debate, they continued to support him on every program.

Evidently the word has come down from on high that Romney's their guy.

So be it.  I have barely watched five minutes of any program on FNC since that night.

Baier went after Perry on the very first questions and it's been all anti Perry by everyone on FNC since.

Be interesting to see if Sean has the backbone to stand up to his bosses at FNC.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:56:29 am »
Right now, the only people who have no chance are:

Bachmann- Made herself into a shrill, half crazy harpy
Santorum- Runs on family values and little else, brings nothing to the campaign
Newt- Too much personal baggage
Huntsman- More to the left than Romney, if that's possible
Johnson- Uh, did anyone outside of NM know who he was before this?
Paul- He has his base, and that's it, but he's good for comic relief

It's a race between Cain, Perry, and Romney, and no matter what the polls say today, anything can happen between now and then.  A month of politics is an eternity.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:21 am »

It's a race between Cain, Perry, and Romney, and no matter what the polls say today, anything can happen between now and then.  A month of politics is an eternity.

And that is a race that I like; I have my preferences, and my obvious dislike, but I think that a three-way race between these gents should be very interesting.

Offline Badeye

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:32 am »
Perry's only option is scorched earth, drag everyone down to the level he's put himself at.

Sorry, that simply won't work as it relates to his gaining the nomination.

It will provide the media and the Democrats quite a few laughs, however.

Rick Perry. All hat, no cattle.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »
Paul- He has his base, and that's it, but he's good for comic relief
These people - however small in number -  can do a lot of harm.  They are comprised of far-left nuts and anarchists, not just libertarians.  They infiltrate and disrupt Republican party proceedings.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Badeye

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »
These people - however small in number -  can do a lot of harm.  They are comprised of far-left nuts and anarchists, not just libertarians.  They infiltrate and disrupt Republican party proceedings.

True, but its more like kids in the other room being loud while the adults are playing cards at the dining room table. JMHO.
Trump is going to win AGAIN