Author Topic: Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News Keeps Reporting on Fast and Furious  (Read 1683 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News Keeps Reporting on Fast and Furious
October 07, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We've got two Sharyl Attkisson bites. She was on CBS Early Show, and I can't find the transcript for number 19 but I'll be able to translate. Probably makes sense without the setup. Here it is.

ATTKISSON: I would say there have been some pretty incredible developments in the past week, also documents. We haven't even had time to report on all of them. They're very sensitive documents and allegations going around. Many of them we haven't reported yet because we need to get more confirmation of them, but what you see on the surface that we do report in our stories is really only a part of what may be going on and we may be reporting in the future when we can get confirmation.

RUSH: She's talking about Fast and Furious. The question: "Somebody like that at the level of the White House actually cursed at a reporter, a CBS News correspondent. It's not something that happens every day, Sharyl. What do you think lit that fuse?" She says there have been some pretty incredible developments. She's uncovering a lot of news the regime doesn't want reported. So then Chris Wragge, a coanchor said, "What made the president have to defend the attorney general yesterday?"

ATTKISSON: You go back to him testifying to Congress in May, the attorney general, he said he learned about Fast and Furious earlier in the spring, but this week, CBS News reported that new Justice Department memos show that Holder received regular briefings as early as July of 2010 -- and we'll be posting some more documents that also show then deputy attorney general Gary Grenler (he's now attorney general Holder's chief of staff) got a details briefing on the gun smuggling operation in March of 2010. He took handwritten notes. He marked up photographs of AK-47s and a map where he noted, quote, 'seizures in Mexico.' So this is why, um, you know, the Justice Department is having to push back a little bit and what the president was talking about."

RUSH: But Holder didn't know any of it. He had no clue. That's what he claims.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News Keeps Reporting on Fast and Furious
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:03:11 am »
Doesn't ANYBODY find this curious?   A CBS journalist giving interviews to "competitive" network and cable?

The station that gave us Dan Rather & friends?

I smell a big rat.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 03:32:31 pm »
Doesn't ANYBODY find this curious?   A CBS journalist giving interviews to "competitive" network and cable?

The station that gave us Dan Rather & friends?

I smell a big rat.

Yes.  I would also advise the young lady to watch her back, very, very carefully.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:37:53 pm »
Yes.  I would also advise the young lady to watch her back, very, very carefully.

It would never happen, Oceander.

If she were injured, it would merely reinforce the negative perception of the administration.

But, I can't figure out why they're keeping her employed in her position, while appearing on the competition.  Usually contracts cover that sort of thing, don't they?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 04:02:16 pm »
It would never happen, Oceander.

If she were injured, it would merely reinforce the negative perception of the administration.

But, I can't figure out why they're keeping her employed in her position, while appearing on the competition.  Usually contracts cover that sort of thing, don't they?

She'll get reassigned to something elsewhere - perhaps some exciting foreign post - won't get any exposure or airtime for a few weeks to a month, and then she'll have a tragic "accident".

Offline Badeye

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »
Hmmm. I dunno.

A very good friend of mine told me about a month and a half ago 'somethings changed at CBS News'.

I told him 'Yeah, Riiiiiight'. He said I should actually watch it a few times and see for myself.

I haven't...but CBS is all over this story, and yep, they DID let her go on Fox, and O'Reilly. She's also done Ingraham's radio show a few times on this, and I think Hannity's.

That would never have happend during the 'Couric Era' let alone under the now disgraced Dan Rather.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 05:44:02 pm »
I thought I read somewhere (probably here?)  that CBS News had a new honcho who made it clear that he was expecting more fair and balanced reporting?    Maybe I saw that on  one of the FOX shows.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:49:30 pm »

Fager Challenges News Orgs to Step Up Investigative
Digging deep isn't cheap, but CBS News chair says it can lead to ratings gold

By Michael Malone -- Broadcasting & Cable, 9/27/2011 12:12:45 PM

Jeff Fager, CBS News chairman and executive producer on 60 Minutes, said there isn't enough investigative reporting on television these days. Fager was keynoting at RTDNA's Excellence in Journalism convention in New Orleans Sept. 26.

"I think a lot of people shy away from it because it's expensive and it's difficult and it takes a lot of time," he told a room full of news professionals. "We succeed at 60 Minutes by doing it and by caring about it and by working hard to make it as interesting as we can, because there is a place for it and I think there's a hunger for it out there."

Fager said 60 Minutes would beef up its coverage of the fighting in Afghanistan, and touted social media's increasing role in news distribution. "I believe so strongly in Facebook and Twitter and the idea that you can go online and in seconds share one of our stories with your friends," he said.

While some fall shows with major ratings expectations have been coming up a bit short this season, Fager suggested 60 Minutes' viewership consistency year after year indicated that broadcast television remains mighty powerful. "The numbers contradict what I've heard a lot of smart news people say about the state of television," said Fager.