Author Topic: OccupyWallStreet - Not  (Read 25119 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
OccupyWallStreet - Not
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:20:38 PM »
A little tourists' cornucopia from the big, bad OccupyWallStreet thingey.  I took the images below on my way to work this morning - discarded most of 'em cause they were just too pathetic - and thought I'd share them.  My absolute fave is that earnest-looking upper middle class white kid in the bottom 4 pix (my "vignettes") - especially the last one, where he's so neatly folding his Buzz Lightyear towel - probably still smells like Downey fabric softener mommie used when she washed it for him.

Just a warning - these pics are the small(er) versions of my originals.  If you click on one, it will open up a larger version in a new window.  Be forewarned, however: the larger files are about 1.1MB to 1.4MB in size.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: OccupyWallStreet - Not
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:48:20 AM »
Thanks, O......... :silly:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:11:15 AM »
Should have some more coming today - I walk by there every day to work after all - and maybe even some video (maybe, no promises).

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »
Okey dokey.  Got a lot more.  Y'know, it's sorta funny; yesterday I was rather hesitant about letting my camera show around the zoo - after all, the cage bars have disappeared - but today I just waltzed around taking pictures - and video (which has a running commentary from yours truly) openly and brazenly.  These rubes want their pictures taken, so I was happy to oblige!  Best part is, not a single one noticed the little "red flag" I was wearing, front and center, where anyone could have seen it if they'd only paid attention to detail; here's a pic of my camera kit, see if you're smarter than the average liberal:  figure out what my "red flag" was:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »
Update:

So, I went out just now to catch the daily protest "march" from the occupywallstreet monkeys.  Got some photos, but I can tell you that, in all honesty, there were probably more police officers along the march route than there were protestors marching.  That, in my view, is utterly pathetic.

Online aligncare

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »

Thanks for braving the stench for us.

These images are the first I've seen of the mini Marxists.  Unfortunately the weather will remain warm for the next few days.  I think Bloomy was counting on a drop in temperature to send these rats scurrying home to their deluxe midtown condominiums.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
Thanks for braving the stench for us.

These images are the first I've seen of the mini Marxists.  Unfortunately the weather will remain warm for the next few days.  I think Bloomy was counting on a drop in temperature to send these rats scurrying home to their deluxe midtown condominiums.

It's not actually too stinky; the weather is cool enough to keep most of the sweat down, and a significant majority of these people are middle-class college grads (or college students), who probably have a Pavlovian aversion to too much B.O.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 05:36:55 PM »
~LOL~ love the first hand reports.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
Ok, a few more updated images from this laughable farce of a "protest":

First, here's an anti-capitalist "protestor" and his "moll" perusing the internet on an expensive notebook - an Apple for those who can't tell from the image - inside, of all places, the McDonalds on Broadway just across from the park they've planted themselves in!

The incongruities just abound:  but for capitalism and all of the benefits it provides, these two yo-yos wouldn't have (1) a laptop that cost about $2,000, and that can process data at several billion operations a second, (2) a wireless connection - provided for no extra charge by McDonalds - that is robust enough and fast enough to download graphic-intensive websites in almost real time, (3) a comfortable, well-lit, clean place in which to sit for as long as they want, for the price of a cup of coffee (and not even that, since they brought in cups from other capitalist establishments as well), or (4) the extra money, after necessities are taken care of, to pay for a $2,000 plus notebook and cups of high-priced coffee in downtown Manhattan.  And that's just the first few things I can think of off the top of my head.

In other words, not only are these folks hypocrites - denouncing for rank political effect the very products and services that they are so willing to take advantage of - they're also bald-faced liars because (a) they quite clearly are not toiling in service to this mythical "1%" they keep yammering on about, and (b) they aren't poor because they clearly have plenty of cash to spare for the nicer amenities in life.

Oh, and the best part?  Mr. "Protestor" hurriedly tried to put a banOceander across his face once he realized that I had a camera and wasn't afraid to use it.  Sap.

Offline Badeye

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Well done, Oceander.
Romney doesn't know how to fail.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
Our man on the scene...well done Ocean!!

Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
We have a TV station and now a national news correspondent.  Watch out, Fox!  We'll show you what REAL conservative media looks like.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »
Really great, OC.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »
Really great, OC.

Thanks.  I got tons more that I want to put up later on - I've already wasted enough time at work today putting these together.

Online aligncare

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »

This is just precious, O.

Notice all the leather stretched across the drum heads and the leather shoes and leather belts.  Oh, my -- what would PETA think of their fellow travelers?  And are those Down vests I see?  Oopsie.

Online aligncare

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
We have a TV station and now a national news correspondent.  Watch out, Fox!  We'll show you what REAL conservative media looks like.

LMAO!!!!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

Now I know what happened to Sir Anthony Hopkins.... whistle

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
Here's another shot of the "protestor" & his "moll" in McD's:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online aligncare

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 01:31:01 PM »

Good one, myst.  Are those fava beans in the sack at his side? 

What an uncanny resemblance to Hopkins. 

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
Ok, so I couldn't resist, here are two more pics of OccupyWallStreet "protestors" enjoying themselves in McDonalds.  I hope you'll take it on trust that the first one - the magenta lady - shows a couple of protestors; the second should speak for itself.  Also, in the second, notice again the rather expensive Apple notepad.  For a bunch of poor, downtrodden "working-class" mugs these people are pretty loaded.  I wonder if Mommy and Daddy know what their boys are doing?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:45:13 PM by Oceander »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »
Good one, myst.  Are those fava beans in the sack at his side? 

What an uncanny resemblance to Hopkins. 

Looks like he's already swilled all of the chianti, however.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Thanks.  I got tons more that I want to put up later on - I've already wasted enough time at work today putting these together.

I like that you're cognizant of the "rule of thirds"...when composing your pics.  Big thumbs up!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 02:03:15 PM »
I like that you're cognizant of the "rule of thirds"...when composing your pics.  Big thumbs up!

Thank you.  Sometimes I try to get it right, sometimes I just get lucky.  Cropping really helps, too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
BTW....I have Park Place ......if anybody has Boardwalk, I am willing to split the $1 MILLION prize. :silly:

(after seeing the McDonald's pics)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf