Author Topic: Republicans Should be All Over Obama's Proposed Medicare Cuts  (Read 1059 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Republicans Should be All Over Obama's Proposed Medicare Cuts
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:24 pm »
Republicans Should be All Over Obama's Proposed Medicare Cuts
September 20, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Peter, Westchester, New York, I'm glad you waited.  Welcome to the program, sir.  Nice to have you with us.

CALLER:  Hello, Rush.  Love the show, and thanks for the education.

RUSH:  Thank you, sir.

CALLER:  Basically I'm just calling to express frustration with the Republican leadership.  I mean they're like completely absent when it comes to educating the public to help push like the conservative agenda.  I mean any topic especially like right now like with the health care bill, facts come out like every day talking about the damage it's going to do or the lies that Obama and the Democrats told, and yet Boehner and McConnell are just completely absent from the picture to basically help educate the public and capitalize on, you know, pushing the agenda forward.  And it's amazing to me because they don't ever seem to be aggressive about helping to move the agenda along or at least expose Obama and the Democrats.

RUSH:  Well, what are they doing then, what do you think their purpose is?  Why are they not taking that leadership role?

CALLER:  I mean the only thing I can think about is they're really not true conservatives or at least of the same agree that --

RUSH:  Well, for one thing they're not really conservatives.  They're Republicans.  There's a difference.  You know, the Republicans today ought to be all over Obama's Medicare cuts.  It's another $250 billion in Medicare cuts, and the Republicans are taking the heat for these phantom Medicare cuts.  They ought to be all over this.  But somehow, I don't know, I can only guess, speculate that they have been told by their advisors and pollsters and consultants, "Don't go after Obama.  It's not what the American people want.  They want people in Washington to get along."

CALLER:  I mean, the one thing you have to give Pelosi credit for was the fact Reid, Pelosi, and Schumer were out there every day, even under George Bush, they would get out there and basically tell you why Bush was failing and why he was not a good president in their eyes.

RUSH:  Yeah, they would lie.

CALLER:  Exactly.

RUSH:  They would lie.  We don't have to lie.

CALLER:  Exactly.

RUSH:  I know.  Look at what happened to Paul Ryan.  He was eviscerated.

CALLER:  There was no protection.  There was no backing him up, there was nothing.

RUSH:  Well, there was at first, but it didn't last long.  I don't know.  You say why don't they teach.  Clearly I don't think they see themselves this way.  Even today the Republican leadership is still saying after this latest proposal that Obama put forth yesterday, after everybody has fact checked it, everybody has exposed it as pure bogus claptrap rot, the Republican position on Capitol Hill is there are areas where we have common ground with the president on this.  And I think they're really hypersensitive to the fact that they are portrayed as obstacles, reasons things aren't happening. I think they're just going overboard trying to show that they're willing to work here with people, their opponents and so forth.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I just had an interesting e-mail from a friend.  It's got a good explanation for why do the Republicans do X.  I always get this question, "Why don't the Republicans do X or why do the Republicans do X," or whatever, and this makes a lot of sense.  "The Republican leadership is still obsessed with getting their message out to the old media."  That's who they think they have to impress.  In order to be covered and reported on, they think they have to go through the ABCs, CBSs, NBCs, the New York Times, Washington Posts of the world, and that's for whom they tailor their messages.  It's been a habit, it's been something that they've had to live with for a long time, and they haven't been able to break the habit.

END TRANSCRIPT

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald