Author Topic: The Left Won't Allow Barack Obama to Take Down Liberalism  (Read 1052 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Left Won't Allow Barack Obama to Take Down Liberalism
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:54 pm »
The Left Won't Allow Barack Obama to Take Down Liberalism
September 20, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It's not just the AP fact check on Obama's nonsense.  They have a companion story, and they even identify the traitor who wrote it.  The guy's name is Andrew Taylor.  "It's not just millionaires who'd pay more under President Barack Obama's latest plan to combat the deficit.  Air travelers, federal workers, military retirees, wealthier Medicare beneficiaries and people taking out new mortgages are among those who would pay more than $130 billion in government ... fees."  Yep, they're called fees in this, not taxes. 

"Airline passengers would see their federal security fees double from $5 to $10 for a nonstop round-trip flight and triple to $15 by 2017, raising $25 billion over the coming decade. Federal workers would face an additional 1.2 percentage point deduction from their paychecks to contribute $21 billion more for their pensions over the same period. Military retirees would pay a $200 fee upon turning 65 to have the government pay their out-of-pocket Medicare expenses. They'd also pay more for non-generic prescription drugs. And it'll cost corporate jet owners a new $100 fee for each flight."  Now, this one is interesting to me, as you might imagine.  Because it says here that this will raise a billion dollars.  Corporate jet owners, $100 fee would raise a billion dollars.  That would mean there would have to be ten million corporate jet flights. 

By the way, it excludes little puddle jumpers like single engine aircraft, recreational flying, excludes all that, so I don't know how you get to that level of flights, that number of flights, but -- (interruption) well, yeah, I guess it might be okay to go back to Las Vegas, where the unemployment right is at 15.9%, by the way.  So this piece goes on to question every aspect of this so-called jobs bill, which, again, isn't a jobs bill.  It cannot and will not create jobs.  Obama has never introduced a real jobs bill.  Stimulus 1 was not a jobs bill.  This is not a jobs bill.  You know, the person who has the biggest opinion of Obama anymore is Obama, and that's the problem.  I think the guy is blinded by his own self-delusion.

This story last week, the Gawker guys say that the New York Times is working on a story about whether or not Obama's clinically depressed, they are running stories naming Democrats by name who oppose the Thursday night portion of this proposal and the proposal yesterday, Democrats, not Republicans, Democrats by name who oppose it.  ABC News has become the lead source of information on Solyndra, and the scandal that's brewing there, and the rest of the Drive-Bys have picked it up and they're now giving us great details on not just Solyndra, but other companies where CEOs have bundled lots of contribution dollars for Obama in exchange for preferable treatment from the regime.  I still don't know how a company is given essentially $535 billion and goes bankrupt. 

I have this little tea company, if they gave me $535 billion I can guarantee you I would not be bankrupt in two years.  It would not happen.  I wouldn't take the money anyway, but I'm just saying I don't know how this works.  I think Obama is troubled.  I think he can't believe that his greatness is now being questioned.  He can't believe that his greatness and his uniqueness is not being applauded by everybody around him and by all of the people.  He believes that he still waves that magic wand, it has the same effect and impact that it had in 2008.  You can see it, you can hear this in his speeches, he had no idea how unhinged he has become, and he's getting worse by the day. 

When I say unhinged, I mean like this.  Not long ago, Obama supported extending the current Bush income tax rates, and for a solid reason.  In 2009 Obama said you can't raise taxes during a recession.  I saw the sound bite last night somewhere.  He actually said you can't take money out of the private sector and grow it, this is not the right time to do it.  He actually said it.  Today he's demanding the repeal of those rates.  Nothing changed.  The situation in fact has gotten worse.  This is unhinged.  I know, still, it's a campaign speech he's making, it's campaign time, he's gotta shore up his base.  But he thinks we're not gonna see this?  He thinks we're not gonna notice?  It wasn't long ago that Obama said he was deeply concerned about mounting deficits.  Well, he created $4 trillion worth of deficits in just two years.  Today he rails against deficits while proposing trillions of dollars more in deficit spending. 
It's unhinged.  It's delusional to think that people are not gonna spot this, not gonna remember what you said just two years.  You're president of the United States.  We are gonna remember, we do remember.  He told us that the stimulus bill, Porkulus, would fund shovel-ready jobs.  Then he joked that there weren't that many shovel-ready jobs, in a meeting with his jobs commissar, Jeffrey Immelt.  We were told that the stimulus bill would drive unemployment below 8%.  Now, we are told that the new normal is over 9%, forever.  That's the new normal.  Obama had a housing program.  He had a mortgage relief program, did nothing.  Neither program did anything.  He had a green jobs and alternative energy plan.  It's now corrupt and bankrupt and the people that he endorsed and funded are now under investigation by his own agencies. 

He rails against corporate jets and yachts, then goes to Martha's Vineyard on a vacation to golf with his millionaire billionaire buddies who all get there on corporate jets and ride around on yachts when they're there.  The economy is sinking under the weight of Obama's spending, his regulations, taxes, and so Obama Thursday night last week and yesterday presents us with a new grand idea:  more spending, more regulations, more taxes, while the country is sinking under the weight of his previous spending, regulations and taxes.  So he proposes more.  The only jobs bill that will succeed is when Obama is jobless.  The only jobs bill that will work is when all of his czars and cabinet members are fired by the voters.  And, by the way, he just hired two new czars.  Nobody knows specifically what they're for.  However, it appears that their purpose will be to help them get around the fact that Congress will not pass his legislation. 

The czars do not have to pass Senate confirmation, nobody knows what they are paid, they are unaccountable, they're not like cabinet secretaries, hired just a couple more czars recently.  Got the story in the stack.  I'll get to it as the program unfolds.  The only jobs bill that's gonna work is when we undo all these regulations that he instituted, all the legislation passed when his party controlled Congress, and that's gonna have to happen if we are going to effectively restore this country and its previous greatness.  The curtain has been raised, no more is there an effort to deceive.  He's just point-blank honest about wanting to harm millionaires, billionaires, achievers.  Millionaires and billionaires defined now as families with a household income of $200,000 or more.  While Obama attacks them, attempts to punish them, we what?  We want more of them.  Obama wants to attack wealth.  We want more of it created.  Obama wants to create green jobs.  We want to create American jobs, in existing, proven, dynamic American industries.  Obama wants to pass laws to strengthen unions. 

We want individuals to work freely and determine for themselves whether they wish to join a union or not. Obama is about big government. We are about constitutional government, and we are the majority -- and we have been the majority for a long time. It's the same old thing, folks, it's just that the media is not on our side. They set the news agenda each and every day, thus creating the illusion that we are a very small minority of people and of the thinking in this country. The opposite is true. Now what's the media done? The media is joining us, if only temporarily. How is that even possible? One of the things that makes it possible is liberals have no core.

They're not grounded in anything other than their liberalism and saving it. Obama is destroying them, and what's taking place now before our very eyes is the realization in all these places -- in the liberal media and even in the so-called conservative intelligentsia which bought all this nonsense about Obama -- that he's not what we were told. He's not who they told us he is. He's not and never has been what they told us he was, and now each and every day they wake up and they look and see and cannot escape the reality that what they believe fails. What they believe destroys. It does not create utopia. It creates anger at them. People want no part of it.

People for the first time in their lives are now realizing that the problems that exist in this country are political problems. I cannot tell you how important that is. I have had friends of mine who don't see the world the same I way I do 'cause they don't see it through a political lens at all, and they now see it for what it is. These problems are politically caused, these problems are politically sustained -- and it follows that these problems are only repairable politically; and more and more people are beginning to see this and realize it. Liberals themselves see it, and they have no desire for liberalism to get the blame.

Somebody is going to have to take the blame. That person, if he doesn't shape up, is going to be Obama. The same thing happened in the Soviet Union. Gorbachev... Whatever you want to say about Gorbachev, he did try to institute a little capitalism while holding on to communism. The two do not mix. You can't do a little bit of both and have something that works. The apparatchiks attempted to take Gorbachev out when he was at vacation dachas at some North Sea retreat or some such thing. I'll never forget Gorbachev talking about it. "They tried to do kill the president! They tried to kill..." like he was stunned that this would ever happen. They were the going to let Gorbachev take communism down, and the left in this country is not going to let Obama take liberalism down.

And now we've got Obama in a dangerous place. He's unhinged and angry because the fact is he has been rejected by the American people, and I don't think he's ever been rejected. Quite the opposite in his life. He was rejected last November when the Democrats lost the House. He was rejected last week in the elections in New York and Nevada big time. He was rejected in New Jersey, the gubernatorial race; rejected in Virginia; and he's going to be rejected in November of 2012. He is rejected in virtually every public survey of merit. His approval rating in Gallup is at 38%! They stopped the presses to report that for George W. Bush. So the American people have rejected not only Obama, but what he stands for. That is why not just Obama, but his supporters are more unhinged than usual.

END TRANSCRIPT

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: The Left Won't Allow Barack Obama to Take Down Liberalism
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:56:21 pm »
That is why not just Obama, but his supporters are more unhinged than usual.

Today OweBama is back in Michael Moore's good graces, though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776