Author Topic: Obama: 153 Bridges Will Collapse  (Read 1059 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama: 153 Bridges Will Collapse
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:40:18 pm »
Obama: 153 Bridges Will Collapse
September 15, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So I'm walking through the library last night, the television set's on, I had it on for other people.  I don't watch it.  I had it on.  One thing there's no football on, so why have it on?  Anyway, Damages hadn't started yet, so no reason to have it on.  And I walked by and I hear Obama, I'm not even looking at the screen, I hear Obama say this and I stopped dead in my tracks and I almost started trying to pull my hair out.  I said, "Who in the world is gonna believe this?"

OBAMA:  There are 153 structurally deficient bridges that need to be repaired.  Four of them are near here on or around the Beltline.  Why would we wait to act until another bridge falls? (applause)

RUSH:  When did the last one fall?  What was the first stimulus for?  What was the first trillion dollars for to fix all these bridges, 153 structurally deficient bridges.  He's admitting that during his reign, he hasn't done anything about any of these deficient bridges.  You've got this little bill he's waving around.  He hasn't filed a bill.  There is no jobs bill of Obama's that has been filed in Congress.  Louie Gohmert filed his own two-page job bill, and it's called the American Jobs Act.  They stole little Barry's title, stole his name, stole the name of his bill.  Little Barry's out there waving this thing around as though there are millions of jobs in that 155-page thing he's waving around.  And Gallup, I just saw this, Gallup's got a poll result apparently out there that a majority of Americans want the jobs bill passed.  Sorry, majority of Americans, it isn't gonna be passed. There's no intention for this thing to pass in all or in part, there's no way. 

How many Democrat senators are up for reelection in 2012?  That's the main reason it's not gonna be passed.  Well, it's over with 20.  There are a lot of Democrat senators up for reelection in 2012.  There's no way this jobs bill is even gonna get a vote in the Senate.  There's no way Dingy Harry is gonna subject his people, not after what happened in New York 9, not after what happened in New Jersey and what happened in Virginia and Scott Brown's election in Massachusetts. 

Hi, folks.  How are you?  Rush Limbaugh.  I think, therefore I am here, behind the Golden EIB Microphone.  Our telephone number if you want to be on the program is 800-282-2882.  The e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com. 

Don't worry about looking up the exact number, Snerdley.  It's not that big a deal.  I just heard this, "Why wait 'til another bridge fails?"  He's in Raleigh, North Carolina, yesterday with this, and Bite Me is in North Carolina today.  So those people got two days of traffic tie-ups.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So what we have here: Here we have a guy who said that we're gonna get rid of political as usual, gonna be unified -- all of the utopian stuff. And what do we get? Nothing but a continuing of the usual politics of fear, crisis, and panic. So now Obama says there are 153 bridges out there on the verge of collapse. Once again, grab audio sound bite number seven. Listen to this one more time, folks.

OBAMA: There are 153 structurally deficient bridges that need to be repaired. Four of them are near here on or around the Beltline. Why would we wait to act until another bridge falls? (applause)

RUSH: People are cheering this! Why would we have to wait for another bridge to fall? The question is: Why didn't you fix these bridges with the first trillion dollars that you spent? But more importantly than that -- more importantly than that -- if there are bridges about to fall down, shouldn't the Secretary of Transportation shut them down? If there are 153 bridges...? Did he say here on the verge of collapse? No. Hundred fifty-three "structurally deficient bridges" need to be repaired. Where? We need to be told where these 153 bridges are, because if he doesn't tell us, then the regime -- Obama -- is holding drivers hostage. He's letting us drive over 153 bridges that could apparently fail and people could plummet to their deaths at any moment.

Name the bridges! You remember how they demanded specifics from Bush and Tom Ridge on terror threats 'cause they accused those two guys of politicizing terror threats? Well, here. The Bamster says he knows of 153 bridges that could fall down at any moment, and four of them are "near the Beltline in North Carolina," four of them. name 'em so that people can avoid them. It is his job to shut them down, not hold their repairs hostage to passing his little tax bill. Do you understand? If he's serious, 153 bridges are structurally deficient, and rather than fix 'em, he's holding the repair hostage and endangering the lives of people that drive on these bridges just so he can get his nonexistent bill passed?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  How do we think we can fix 153 bridges Obama says are at risk when after ten years we still haven't rebuilt the World Trade Center?
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Steve in Bozeman, Montana. I'm glad you called, sir. Welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. I was just gonna say, shouldn't the question that Obama asked be: Why should we let the economy collapse before we fixed it?

RUSH: Yeah, like the bridges. Why do the bridges have to collapse before we fix 'em?

CALLER: Exactly.

RUSH: Okay. Why does the economy have to collapse before we fix that?

CALLER: Yup.

RUSH: Exactly right. If anybody's being held hostage here, it's us. And, look, I know it sounds funny, but I'm not trying to be funny. I'm dead serious. Folks, yesterday in North Carolina the president of the United States said that there are 153 "structurally deficient bridges" in this country and that there are four of them nearby where he was speaking, North Carolina. Yet he allows people to continue to drive over those bridges. He doesn't tell his secretary of transportation to shut 'em down, he doesn't identify them. He waves that piece of paper around and says, "Only if this is passed will those bridges get fixed."

One hundred fifty-three bridges he says structurally deficient need to be repaired, and he wants us to believe it's gonna happen immediately if we pass that little piece of paper he's waving around -- and yet it's ten years after 9/11 we still haven't we built the World Trade Center. Did Obama arrive over any of those bridges? I mean, part of his route he had to be driven in The Beast, his Cadillac limo. He takes Air Force One to the closest airport, then drives to where he's going. Did he happen to cross one of those bridges? Did he have to go over one of those bridges that are structurally deficient? I doubt it if he knows they're structurally deficient. He's not gonna take a motorcade of that weight over a structurally deficient bridge. If he did, we need know about it. If the Secret Service let Obama drive over one of those deficient bridges then it must be safe for the rest of us. It must not be in that bad a shape.

Tim Geithner says the economy is in the early stage of crisis. No kidding!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: No, The Beast is Obama's limousine. It was a legitimate question, folks. You've got 153 bridges, structurally deficient, could fall down at any moment -- four of them in North Carolina near where Obama was. Did The Beast cross any of them? The Beast weighs eight tons -- without Michelle in it! Eight tons, 16,000 pounds. Did they drive that thing and the rest of the motorcade over one of those four bridges?
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Denny in Dayton, Ohio. Denny, hi. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Welcome.

CALLER: I appreciate that. Hey, caught my ear when Obama used the term "structurally deficient" because that is a term in transportation parlance which means it has nothing to do with a bridge actually being ready to fall down necessarily. In most cases it has to do with a bridge that might be a two-lane bridge, but due to increased traffic and lack of breakdown lanes and stuff it needs to be a four-lane bridge or a four-lane bridge needs to be an eight lane bridge and so on.

RUSH: Is that right? That's what "structurally deficient" means? Structurally deficient means it's not big enough to handle the load?

CALLER: It could be if it's a structural weakness but just simply means no longer meets the design need; and one of the bridges he would be talking about in North Carolina -- I'm very familiar with -- is the Herbert Bonner Bridge to Hatteras island. Here's why they don't get replaced. The funding has been fully in place before he was president, possibly before he was even in the Senate. The bridges has been blocked for almost 20 years by environmentalists.

RUSH: Yeah?

CALLER: That's why the bridges don't get built. It's ranked I think a three out of 100, and the timeline is unbelievable. The state of North Carolina has been trying, and the environmentalists -- if you can believe this, it's a three-and-a-half-mile-long bridge, and the environmentalists would like to replace it with a 17-and-a-half-mile long bridge to go around the kelp beds.

RUSH: It's a three-and-a-half-mile-long bridge, and the wackos want to replace it with a 17-and-a-half-mile long bridge?

CALLER: Correct. I could give you a website if you want to nail 'em down but it has the information if anybody wants to look it up.

RUSH: We'll find it.

CALLER: You'll try it? Let's see, ReplaceTheBridgeNow.com. It's pretty simple.

RUSH: ReplaceTheBridgeNow.com.

CALLER: ReplaceTheBridgeNow.com.

RUSH: Well, this is quite interesting. Still -- still -- it's all smoke and mirrors, because when you boil it all down you can talk about the environmentalist wackos, local officials, local politicians. As in the case of New Orleans, as in the case of New Orleans and the levees. They didn't use the money to shore up the levees and fix the levees. They use the money for "social justice" or other such nebulous terms, is what they mean.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, I'll tell you, Obama is going crazy with this bridge nonsense. Get this. Obama's next campaign swing, jobs pitch, is going to be at the Brent Spence Bridge linking Ohio and Kentucky, states represented by Boehner and Mitch McConnell. Has a going to be at the Brent Spence Bridge. That's his next campaign swing.

END TRANSCRIPT

_____________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama: 153 Bridges Will Collapse
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:00:31 am »
The sky is falling, too.  How much stimulus money will it take to fix it, Chicken Barack?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org