Author Topic: From Phony Greek Columns in 2008 to a Phony Jobs Bill in 2011  (Read 1125 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
From Phony Greek Columns in 2008 to a Phony Jobs Bill in 2011
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »
From Phony Greek Columns in 2008 to a Phony Jobs Bill in 2011
September 15, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This bill has nothing to do with jobs anyway. Folks, I'm trying to speak faster to keep up with my brain today, and it's not working. Look, this bill that he's waving around has no chance of being passed, and he knows it. By design. It has every tax increase that he's ever dreamed about -- every tax increase that the Democrat Congress voted down the first chance they had when he had supermajorities in both the House and the Senate. He wrote this and the bill has not even been introduced in the House or the Senate. It's not intended to even be voted on! All of this, "Pass-it-now!" stuff is nothing more than politically theatrics. It is the Greek columns of this year.

Obama is nothing but symbolism. That bill that he's waving around is today's Greek columns. There's no way. There are 20-some-odd Senate Democrats up for reelection in 2012 and they see what has happened since won election. The Democrats have been eating sand ever since at the polls. New York 9 being the most recent example. There were a couple of exceptions to it when the Republicans ran RINOs or liberal Republicans. But other than that, the Democrats are quaking in their boots -- and there is no way that Democrats up for reelection are gonna vote for this. Obama doesn't want a vote on it. Obama wants no action on it. He wants to be able to say that the Republicans want him to fail.

He wants to be able to say that the Republicans have no interest in letting him win and that they'll let the country fail first in order to prevent him winning. He's been saying that. He's tried to be Reagan, he's tried to be Lincoln, he's out there trying to be FDR and now he's trying to be Truman. Here, grab audio sound bite number 13. This last night on MSNBC auto MSNBC's Politics Nation. This is the show hosted by the Reverend Sharpton, who I really hope will march on the Cherokee Nation this weekend once he learns what's going on there. He had Barney Frank on as his guest. Sharpton said, "How we gonna get a jobs bill passed in this Congress?"

FRANK: They don't want Obama to succeed -- and because they don't want Obama to succeed, ehh, they're really not that interested in helping this economy succeed. So we do have this p'woblem. The average Repub'wican in Congress is catering to a fairly small number of people, the people who vote in the p'wimaries. The Tea Party people and the very conservative Repub'wican, they dominate Repub'wican p'wimaries.

RUSH: So Republicans now want Obama to fail. I'll tell you, New York 9 shows that Democrats don't want him to succeed, either. So Obama is not about fixing the problem. He's about attempting to fix the blame. So when you say that all these jobs he wants to create are union jobs, to the extent that he wants to create jobs, yeah, he wants to create jobs for his union supporter people, but that's not even what this is about. Not one job be created in this bill. This is nothing but a laundry list of tax increases and the creation of a couple new federal bureaucracies.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jeff, Hubbard, Ohio, hi. You're next, EIB Network, great to have you here.

CALLER: It's nice to meet you, Rush, and this is an honor.

RUSH: Appreciate that.

CALLER: And maybe to make you feel a little better, sir, your listeners love you and what you do for this country.

RUSH: Well, I thank you, sir, very much.

CALLER: I just had a question, and maybe you could refresh my memory. We're talking about all this thing with this jobs bill, and I know that the president had his nice picture perfect group of people behind him of what he wants to support. Didn't we just last year or earlier this year have a $21 billion specific bill or part of a bill that went to the teachers to help fund them?

RUSH: Great, great, great question, Jeff. It was $26 billion. But remember we got reports out of the Los Angeles school district and others that they didn't use the money to hire teachers. They put the money in the pension fund. A lot of that $26 billion to hire teachers -- no teachers were hired -- went to the pension funds.

END TRANSCRIPT

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald