Author Topic: Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Thinks Your Money is Hers  (Read 1098 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Thinks Your Money is Hers
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:44 pm »
Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Thinks Your Money is Hers
September 15, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We got Jan Schakowsky, who is from Illinois.  She was on Don and Roma yesterday on The Big 89, WLS.  They're probably not gonna like me calling it that, but that's what it was when I was growing up.  It's always gonna be The Big 89 to me, WLS Chicago.  She's out there saying, (paraphrasing) "Of course we have to take your money.  Of course we have to take your money in the form of taxes, of course we have to take what you earn."  Jan Schakowsky said that.  Of course we have to take what you earn, we gotta do all these things with it.  And then the things that she lists are firemen and cops.  Since when did the federal government start paying for firemen and cops?  It's all a scam. 

Anyway, you poor people, if you really exist in the majority of this Gallup poll who want this jobs bill passed, you're being scammed.  There is no jobs bill, and there's no jobs in that bill.  All that is is tax increases. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

By the way, Jan Schakowsky from Illinois? Remember this? "On March 11, 2004, Schakowsky's husband, lobbyist Robert Creamer, the executive director of the Illinois Public Action Fund, was indicted in federal court on 16 counts of bank fraud involving three alleged check-kiting schemes in the mid-1990s, leading several banks to experience shortfalls of at least $2.3 million." This is the same Jan Schakowsky who told Don and Roma on WLS Chicago yesterday that of course we need your money, of course we're gonna take your money. I'm paraphrasing the quote, but we've got the audio. It's all coming up. Here it is. "You don't deserve to keep all your money. I'll put it this way, you don't deserve to keep all of it. It's not a question of deserving because what government is is those things that we decide to do together," and then she starts talking about firemen and cops and so forth and teachers, which the federal government does not do!
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jan Schakowsky, Illinois congressman, WLS, The Big 89 in Chicago yesterday with Don and Roma, Don Wade and Roma, she said that Americans don't deserve to keep all their money 'cause we need taxes to support our society.  Don Wade said, "So Jan Schakowsky, out of every dollar that I earn, how much do you think I deserve to keep?"

SCHAKOWSKY:  I'll put it this way, you don't deserve to keep all of it.

WADE:  Why?

SCHAKOWSKY:  And it's not a question of deserving because what government is is those things that we decide to do together.

RUSH:  All right.  "What government is is those things we decide to do together."  Ms. Schakowsky, we haven't been deciding to do anything together the last two and a half years.  You and your party have been governing against the will of the American people.  The American people don't want 9.1% unemployment or actually 11.3% or actually 18% unemployment.  The black community doesn't want 50% teen unemployment.  The black community doesn't want 26% unemployment.  The American people don't want to lose their homes, they don't want the values of their homes cut in half.  The American people do not want, and election after election after election after election since the presidential race has shown us, Ms. Schakowsky that we do not want what you're getting us, we're not working together.

"What government is is those things we decide to do together."  Ms. Schakowsky, we're not making decisions collectively on things like that $500 million to a solar panel company, and that's just one out of four solar power companies.  The American people, that's not what they thought the stimulus was going to be for.  And now there's a report out today that the meager number of green jobs that have been created, based on the number spent on them is around $250,000 a job.  That's how much it's cost us, Ms. Schakowsky, to create the meager number of green jobs.  The only thing that liberals ever point to funding or cutting is the stuff that we all do agree on, important use of tax dollars.  But this little sound bite of hers is amazing, and quite telling.  We do, as a nation, in our states and our cities decide how taxes should be used for the good of all.

It's at the state and city level that we decide on roads, police, and schools.  It's not the federal government that does that.  The federal government ought not be involved and is not involved in all of that.  Ms. Schakowsky, it's all this other spending that's coming to light in the Obama regime that we are not collectively in agreement on.  But nevertheless, you don't deserve to keep what you earn.  She said that one reason the 2009 stimulus bill did not succeed was because it wasn't big enough.  She also admitted there are questions about the regime's connection to the now bankrupt Solyndra.  Well, somebody report her.  I can't do it all, folks.  Somebody get on Attack Watch and report Schakowsky.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Thinks Your Money is Hers
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:54:15 am »
Schakowsky's husband, lobbyist Robert Creamer, the executive director of the Illinois Public Action Fund, was indicted in federal court on 16 counts of bank fraud involving three alleged check-kiting schemes in the mid-1990s, leading several banks to experience shortfalls of at least $2.3 million.

He also wrote Obamacare.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776