Author Topic: Miracle (or something close)  (Read 2088 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Miracle (or something close)
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »
Minor,maybe not so, MIRACLE

My oldest daughter’s FIL who previously thought he’d lost his Tahitian Village (Bastrop)home managed to get a gig taking food and water to the firemen.

While being in the neighborhood, he discovered his home to be INTACT with minor roof and smoke damage.

He even left some food and water out for his cats but, didn’t see them.

His daughter’s home, in the same neighborhood was a total loss but, he has 2 extra bedrooms for them to live in while they rebuild. (and the 2 children will get to rejoin their classmates)

Maybe we just call it a MIRACLE.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Miracle (or something close)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:47:11 pm »
My friend's parents live in Tahitian Village as well.  They don't know if their house survived or not.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:56 am »
Minor,maybe not so, MIRACLE

My oldest daughter’s FIL who previously thought he’d lost his Tahitian Village (Bastrop)home managed to get a gig taking food and water to the firemen.

While being in the neighborhood, he discovered his home to be INTACT with minor roof and smoke damage.

He even left some food and water out for his cats but, didn’t see them.

His daughter’s home, in the same neighborhood was a total loss but, he has 2 extra bedrooms for them to live in while they rebuild. (and the 2 children will get to rejoin their classmates)

Maybe we just call it a MIRACLE.

Wow!  That is a miracle.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:43:32 pm »
My friend's parents live in Tahitian Village as well.  They don't know if their house survived or not.

There's list if you want to pass it on.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/bastrop-county-information

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
Very happy to hear it.  My wife and I own a cabin in Canyon Lake and we are a little worried about it.  A good wildfire in that area would do extraordinary damage.  We get reports from the neighbors and so far so good.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »
Prayers to all you folks who have a stake in this!