Author Topic: The Left is Petrified of Rick Perry  (Read 1841 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Left is Petrified of Rick Perry
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:35:50 pm »
The Left is Petrified of Rick Perry
August 31, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Powell, Wyoming. Mike, thank you for calling, sir. Great to have you on the Rush Limbaugh program. Hello.

CALLER: Hey, black-and-gold dittos, Rush!

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: I just wondered where George Stephanopoulos' sudden love of Mitt Romney last night on his program portrayed Perry as evil, and he loves Mitt Romney now; and you were saying with Rick Perry's first, you know, being on the panel for the debates, I just wonder, you know: Is this all coordinated, or are they laughing, or is it true coordination? Are they really gonna try and prop up Romney just because Rick Perry is scaring 'em so bad, or...? I just wanted to get your feelings on that.

RUSH: They're scared of Perry. They are scared to death of Perry. They're petrified of Perry. They'll always tell us who they fear. They're not worried about Romney. They think they can beat Romney. They also think that they can scare Romney into being a little bit more compliant and less combative with Obama. I don't think they think that about Perry. I think they are very much concerned about Perry, just as they are very much concerned about Sarah Palin. That's what they're telling us here.

CALLER: Well, I --

RUSH: Your buddy Stephanopoulos, transparent as he can be if he's sidling up to Romney right now. Your interpretation that's right on the money, you know exactly what that's about.

CALLER: The images, the guns and the, "Move to California if you support gay marriage," and all the other things that, you know, Georgie put on last night was just amazing how much he loves Mitt now.

RUSH: Well, they've got the same hair. You know, Romney and Perry have the same hair.

CALLER: They're truly showing who's really gonna scare 'em.

RUSH: I think so. I think so. Since you say you're watching "Georgie," I haven't watched a network nightly newscast I can't tell you how long. It's been years since I actually saw one. So I have to listen to your report to find out what happened. I didn't know. I'm not afraid to admit this. I did not know that Stephanopoulos, all of a sudden, fell in love with Mitt Romney, but it doesn't surprise me. It makes total sense. It's totally understandable, given who they're really afraid of out there.
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: The Left is Petrified of Rick Perry
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:06:19 am »
So even George Stephanopoulos is on the Romney bandwagon now ........  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:28 am »
Romney's looking less and less attractive to me.  Last go round his concession speech to McCain left everyone asking "where was this Romney in the primary?"  Well, now we know Romney can be whom ever he wants to be - whenever need arises.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:20:49 am »
Romney's looking less and less attractive to me.  Last go round his concession speech to McCain left everyone asking "where was this Romney in the primary?"  Well, now we know Romney can be whom ever he wants to be - whenever need arises.

Maybe he missed his true calling:  Hollywood.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:39:24 am »
Maybe he missed his true calling:  Hollywood.

No, let's be fair to the man; he isn't stupid and, if properly managed, he can do good, solid financial and efficiency analysis - in other words, he's a good top-level manager.  His problem is that he just isn't cut out to be CEO - figuratively speaking (I know he's actually been a CEO before) - he has the intellectual brilliance, the "book larnin'," but he just doesn't have the strength of character or of his own convictions to make a good, strong leader.  I realize that it would probably be bitter lees to him, but I think he would be perfect as agency or department head in a budgetary control capacity.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
Fear Gov. Perry and Don't mess with Texas. (which the Obama admin has done in spades)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:43:00 pm »
They're petrified of Perry. They'll always tell us who they fear. They're not worried about Romney. They think they can beat Romney. They also think that they can scare Romney into being a little bit more compliant and less combative with Obama.
He said a mouthful, and I couldn't agree more.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org