Author Topic: Carney: We're "Fairly Confident" Hillary Won't Run Against Obama  (Read 1171 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Carney: We're "Fairly Confident" Hillary Won't Run Against Obama
August 30, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Audio sound bites, let's go back to August 8th, this program and me.

RUSH ARCHIVE:  If you think that the Democrat Party is not thinking about Hillary Clinton as a primary opponent to Obama, you are not thinking.  Folks, if Hillary Clinton were president right now and the same circumstances existed, they would be thinking about Obama primarying her.  Not marrying, primarying.  And I am here to tell you that deep in the bowels, and that's what they are, of the Democrat Party, they're thinking this.

RUSH:  Okay.  So if you were listening on August 8th you heard me say that.  If you weren't, you just heard me say it on the tape.  Let's go to yesterday afternoon, the White House press briefing, Press Secretary Jay Carney took a question from Les Kinsolving about the 2012 presidential election.

KINSOLVING:  Why is the president certain that Hillary won't run against him?

CARNEY:  The president's focused not on any election.  He's focused right now on doing his job to grow the economy, create jobs, ensure that Americans who were in the path of this hurricane are taken care of --

KINSOLVING:  I understand, but --

CARNEY:  -- so that's what he's focused on.

KINSOLVING:  -- you're running way from this question.  I mean, can you guarantee that -- I mean are, you sure that Hillary is not gonna run?

CARNEY:  You'd have to ask her.  We're fairly confident.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, there's a new poll out there by CNN.  Now, get this.  A new poll by CNN, and something called ORC International, and the poll finds 27% of Democrats, I mean that's one in four, 25, 27%, one in four Democrats would like to see their party nominate a candidate other than Obama, 2012.  I told you this is going on in the bowels of the Democrat Party.  Twenty-five percent of Democrats wish somebody besides Obama would be on the ballot.  One in four Democrats would like to dump Obama.  Now, we gotta be fair about this.  This poll was taken between August 24th and 25th, which is before Obama saved us all from Hurricane Irene.  So it might not be that high now since he did such a great job of saving us all from Hurricane Irene.  Snerdley is smirking at me.
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald