Author Topic: Does Obama Love America? "Go Ask Him," Perry Tells Reporter  (Read 1643 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Does Obama Love America? "Go Ask Him," Perry Tells Reporter
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:50:11 pm »
Does Obama Love America? "Go Ask Him," Perry Tells Reporter
August 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: ABC News' The Note, Cedar Rapids, Iowa:  "Just hours after presidential candidate Rick Perry said that he would be the kind of president who would be 'passionate' about America, the Texas governor suggested that President Obama may not share the sentiment.  'I think you want a president who is passionate about America -- that’s in love with America,' Perry said during a visit to the Iowa State Fair on Monday.

At a Republican Party event Monday night, a reporter asked Perry whether he was suggesting that President Obama does not love America. 'You need to ask him,' Perry responded. 'I’m saying, you’re a good reporter, go ask him.'"  Ho-ho-ho.  I've got that sound bite.  It's an unidentified reporter, the Iowa State Fair, the question:  "When you said we need a president who loves America, were you suggesting the current president does not love America?"

PERRY:  You need to ask him. 

REPORTER: Are you suggesting he does not love America?

PERRY:  I'm saying you're a good reporter, go ask him.

RUSH:  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.  I'm saying you're a good reporter, go ask him. (laughing) The reporter says, "Hey, I'm asking the questions here."
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To Dallas.  Randy, great to have you on the EIB Network, sir.  Hello.

CALLER:  Thank you, Rush.

RUSH:  You bet.

CALLER:  The comment that Bill Clinton made regarding Rick Perry --

RUSH:  Let's play that comment.  Before you comment on the comment, let's play the comment.  Grab audio sound bite number 20.  I think this is probably what you mean.  This is former President Clinton, keynote address at the International Association of Firefighters Symposium, and he's talking about Rick Perry.

CLINTON:  I got tickled, I watched Governor Perry announce for President. He’s a good looking rascal and he’s probably (laughter) - he said, "You know, I’m going to Washington to make sure that the federal government stays as far away from you as possible… while I ride on Air Force One and that Marine One helicopter and go to Camp David and travel around the world and have a good time." I mean, this is crazy.

RUSH:  Okay, that's the comment.  What do you want to say about it?

CALLER:  Well, when Rick Perry became governor after George W. Bush went to the White House, he had been in office less than six months, and he sold, by executive order, sold the Texas governor's plane and abandoned the program.  We don't have a jet for service to the governor of the state of Texas even yet.  I think they contract with private parties or something, but --

RUSH:  They probably charter one when they need one.  So the governor of Texas doesn't even have a state plane?

CALLER:  No.

RUSH:  Well, besides that, didn't Clinton fly around on Air Force One and go to Camp David and Marine One and do a whole lot of things in the Oval Office, aside from being president?

CALLER:  Yes.

RUSH:  This is a non sequitur.  A president can make sure that the federal government's as far away from us as possible.  Air Force has nothing to do with it.

CALLER:  Right.

RUSH:  Obama is setting records flying around on Air Force One and Marine One.

CALLER:  Sure.  But I'm just saying that Rick Perry, his record shows that he has little regard for such things.  And Texas was in good shape when George W. Bush went to the White House.  We weren't in economic stress or anything.

RUSH:  Well, you're still not, really, I mean compared to the rest of the country.

CALLER:  Right.

RUSH:  Clinton's comment doesn't make any sense.

CALLER:  No, I agree.

RUSH:  It really doesn't make any sense unless you look at it from the standpoint that Clinton's jealous. (imitating Clinton) "Hey, hey, hey, you know, I watched Governor Perry, he's a good-looking rascal, he's good-looking, yeah, I wish my hair were still black like that, oh, well."  I think Clinton's jealous, pure and simple.  Meanwhile, Obama's on a bus, not even Air Force One, still trying to cram government down our throats.  It doesn't matter where the president is.  It's all about his policies.  That's one of the biggest non sequiturs I can remember coming out of Clinton's mouth.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, Ben Smith in the Politico yesterday: "Was Perry Packing? -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry is a leading advocate of gun rights who likes to boast of having dispatched a coyote on a recent jog..." (laughing) You know how that...? (laughing) These people! Can you imagine? Here's Rick Perry: "I'm saying you're good reporter, you go ask him yourself." "What did you do this morning, governor?" "Well, I was out in the jog and a coyote, I pulled out my six-shooter and bang! No more coyote." So these guys (laughing), say: Oh, my gosh, we may is all be back in the stage coach days! (laughing) "Texas Gov. Rick Perry is a leading advocate of gun rights who likes to boast of having dispatched a coyote on a recent jog," this is what I meant about adding dynamics to the campaign, "so I asked him during today's walking press conference at the Iowa State Fair whether he was armed.

"'I never comment on whether I'm carrying a handgun or not,' he said. 'That's why it's called concealed.'" (laughing)

(laughing) You're a good reporter. I'm saying you're a good reporter, try to find out! "Perry's appearance at the fair, where he challenged reporters on whether they were 'tough' enough to walk with him, chomped on meat and a hard-boiled egg and struck rugged poses was a well-staged political triumph. (The word 'manly' got thrown around a lot, with varying degrees of irony, in the press pack.) It was also an opportunity to explore Perry's politics, and reporters are currently transcribing their long recordings of his free-flowing comments. Perry was asked about the debt ceiling. 'If I was in Congress, I wouldn't have voted for it,' he said, not criticizing the deal specifically as much as the general principle that the government would 'fritter' the money away." Of course, they're really ticked off at him about what he said about Bernanke.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Does Obama Love America? "Go Ask Him," Perry Tells Reporter
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:50:40 pm »

The Marlboro Man....indeed!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:16:53 am »

Perry does have a kind of a Gunsmoke James Arness (RIP) look about him.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:18:20 am »
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel about Perry like i did Reagan -- and he is the only candidate who isn't trying to our Reagan, Reagan......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 03:10:42 pm »