Author Topic: John McCain Refuses to Apologize for Calling the Tea Party "Hobbits"  (Read 1018 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
John McCain Refuses to Apologize for Calling the Tea Party "Hobbits"
August 9, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Yesterday in Gilbert, Arizona, McCain held a town meeting and during the Q&A an unidentified woman said, "I'm just asking for a simple apology.  Do you apologize for calling the Tea Party 'hobbits'?"

MCCAIN:  I said that if anyone misunderstood, yeah/ I'm very sorry, but --

WOMAN:  Is that your apology?

MCCAIN:  I'm sorry if it was misunderstood.

WOMAN:  Thank you.

MCCAIN:  I am not sorry for what I said.

MAN:  Ohhhhh.

MCCAIN:  Why should I when it's the fact?

ALGORE:  So the Tea Party shows up at a McCain town hall, they wanted to apologize for calling them hobbits. He said if anybody misunderstood what he said, he was sorry.  A woman says, "Is that your apology?"  "I'm sorry if it was misunderstood.  I'm not sorry for what I said.  I mean, why should I when it's the fact?"  The Tea Party is hobbits, and McCain represents the Republican Party.  That is your Republican Party today.  That's who they are.  The Republican Party establishment, particularly in New York and inside the Beltway.  That's exactly who they are.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To the phones we go, and we are going to start bright opposite, Michigan, with Thatcher.  Thatcher, with my to the EIB Network, and hello.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.  I'm calling because I think conservatives should embrace being called hobbits by the establishment because in the movie the Lord of the Rings the hobbits are the heroes who succeed where the elites have failed in defeating a tyranny.  The movie is about power.  There's a ring of power, and all these elites are unable to give up the power.  Whenever they get the ring, they're corrupted, but the hobbits are the only characters in the entire movie who resist the power and are willing to relinquish the power and defeat the tyranny.  So, I mean it's... I mean, that's not what McCain was intending. He was intending to insult us, but actually hobbits are the heroes.

RUSH:  No, the people using the term "hobbit" are insulting us as deformed little, irrelevant people.

CALLER:  Yeah, but they're the heroes.  It's not about looks, it's about ideology.

RUSH:  Well, okay. Hey, if you --

CALLER:  The ideology of the hobbits is a noble one, to... I mean, they're embracing freedom.  They want to overthrow the evil Lord Sauron in the movie, and when they have the ring they can let it go.

RUSH:  All right.

CALLER:  The ring of power.

RUSH:  Look, if you want to be called a hobbit, I mean, I'll be glad to call you a hobbit.

CALLER:  I don't mind it.  They're the heroes!  I mean, they're funny, they're clever, they're resourceful.

RUSH:  Okay, understand, but... You know, hobbit, if you've read any Tolkien, "hobbit" means "hole dweller."  They live in holes.  That's a long thought process so trying to feel positive.  The bottom line is, people don't want to be insulted by losers!  McCain is a loser!

CALLER:  Yes. He is.

RUSH:  He's got no business insulting people, especially the people that elect him.

CALER: I think it reveals -- it reveals their ignorance.  It's another example, if you've watched the movie you're cheering on the hobbits.  You're not --

RUSH:  Well, I understand all that.

CALLER:  -- not the troll.

RUSH:  I understand.  But it reveals their arrogance as well as it reveals their ignorance.  Frankly, sir, as a giant in the industry and in humanity, I could never be a hobbit and I could not be happy being a hobbit, but if you want to be one, and if you draw strength from it, have at it!  I myself will remain a giant, happily so, and they know it.  Don't call me a hobbit.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Buzz, Greenville, Ohio, welcome to the EIB Network.  Hello, sir.

CALLER:  Hey, Rush.  God bless you, brother.

RUSH:  Thank you, sir.

CALLER:  Thank you for taking my call, man.

RUSH:  God bless you.

CALLER:  Hey one of the things that's really been stuck in my mind since all these dealings have been going back and forth through all the houses and everything and the fact that when did we as the Tea Party gain so much power that we're now able to control Congress, control the way the Senate votes, control and now start to drag down the president, and then everybody blames us for all these problems when just a year ago we were a bunch of rubes and country bumpkins and a bunch of rednecks that had no power at all.

RUSH:  Well, nothing's changed; we're hobbits now.

CALLER:  (laughing)  But, you know, just the fact that --

RUSH:  They're scared.

CALLER:  Yeah, that's it! They know the Tea Party out there does have power, the Tea Party can make things happen, and if we all stick together and go forward with somebody like you on the radio continuing to progress this thing, we can make a change, and we can get back to constitutional law in this country which we desperately need.

RUSH:  I have no doubt about it.  By the way, I'm gonna have to scroll up here.  There's a new poll out on consumer confidence or something that's at an all-time low, and the Washington people, particularly on the Democrat side, fully understand -- they know -- they're governing against the will of the people.  They know it.  They can see it in the global warming movement.  They know that they are facing an uprising. They are trying to figure out how to quell it. They're trying to figure out how to stop the uprising. The uprising will, of course, take place on Election Day.
END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: John McCain Refuses to Apologize for Calling the Tea Party "Hobbits"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:51:27 am »
From a has-been loose cannon; who cares?  Besides which, it was the Hobbits, not the Men or the Elves or the Dwarves, who single-handedly defeated the Dark Lord Sauron in Lord of the Rings.  I rather like the epithet "Hobbit" here.