Author Topic: Eric Cantor: Dingy Harry Lied  (Read 1255 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Eric Cantor: Dingy Harry Lied
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:25:17 pm »
Eric Cantor: Dingy Harry Lied
August 1, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Dingy Harry, let's listen to this. At a press conference up on Capitol Hill, a reporter said, Dingy Harry, "after this deal gets done, is there need for comprehensive deficit reduction?"

REID: The answer is not only yes, but, "Hell, yes." We've made a step forward, and that's good. As everyone knows, the idea of the joint committee was my proposal. I'm glad that Senator McConnell has put his arms around this. I hope that we can get something done. I was just told as I was walking out of this -- I hope it doesn't affect the vote over there today, but I was told -- that Representative Cantor said that he... In fact, I just walked out of here, maybe I'm wrong, but somebody just told me that Cantor said that revenue very well could be part of what we do with the joint committee.

RUSH: So Dingy Harry is saying he heard that Eric Cantor, Republican, said, "Yeah, when we get to the joint committee there could be revenue enhancement, could very well be." A Republican leader. That's Dingy Harry. So obviously this is going to now require a reaction from Eric Cantor at some point, when that happens.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Byron York is reporting... He's at the DC Examiner, used to be at Krauthammer Review Online. Byron York is reporting that Cantor's office says Cantor's office is denying Dingy Harry's claim. Eric Cantor's office, press office says that Dingy Harry is wrong on revenue. "At a press conference this afternoon, [Dingy Harry] claimed that Leader Cantor said that revenue could be a part of the joint committee. Nothing could be further from the truth. As leader Cantor has said since the beginning of the debate, House Republicans will not agree to tax increases, period. Senator Reid's claim is absolutely false." Eric Cantor is thus saying that Dingy Harry lied when Dingy Harry said that he had heard that Eric Cantor was all in favor of the deal.

Okay, so why did we leave off? We left off with the New York Times in an absolute tizzy over the deal, which is the reason why I'm convinced so many on the left are over the top about it.
END TRANSCRIPT
August 1, 2011

Listen To It! WMP | Flash
Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Dingy Harry, let's listen to this. At a press conference up on Capitol Hill, a reporter said, Dingy Harry, "after this deal gets done, is there need for comprehensive deficit reduction?"

REID: The answer is not only yes, but, "Hell, yes." We've made a step forward, and that's good. As everyone knows, the idea of the joint committee was my proposal. I'm glad that Senator McConnell has put his arms around this. I hope that we can get something done. I was just told as I was walking out of this -- I hope it doesn't affect the vote over there today, but I was told -- that Representative Cantor said that he... In fact, I just walked out of here, maybe I'm wrong, but somebody just told me that Cantor said that revenue very well could be part of what we do with the joint committee.

RUSH: So Dingy Harry is saying he heard that Eric Cantor, Republican, said, "Yeah, when we get to the joint committee there could be revenue enhancement, could very well be." A Republican leader. That's Dingy Harry. So obviously this is going to now require a reaction from Eric Cantor at some point, when that happens.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Byron York is reporting... He's at the DC Examiner, used to be at Krauthammer Review Online. Byron York is reporting that Cantor's office says Cantor's office is denying Dingy Harry's claim. Eric Cantor's office, press office says that Dingy Harry is wrong on revenue. "At a press conference this afternoon, [Dingy Harry] claimed that Leader Cantor said that revenue could be a part of the joint committee. Nothing could be further from the truth. As leader Cantor has said since the beginning of the debate, House Republicans will not agree to tax increases, period. Senator Reid's claim is absolutely false." Eric Cantor is thus saying that Dingy Harry lied when Dingy Harry said that he had heard that Eric Cantor was all in favor of the deal.

Okay, so why did we leave off? We left off with the New York Times in an absolute tizzy over the deal, which is the reason why I'm convinced so many on the left are over the top about it.
END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Re: Eric Cantor: Dingy Harry Lied
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:19:23 am »
I happened to be in the car listening to Rush when this was said.  As soon as I heard Reid's comment, I said to myself there was no way on earth Eric Cantor said anything of the sort.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:23:15 am »
I heard it too...Reid lies..he lies about everything.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:11:24 am »
DEMOCRATS lie.