Author Topic: Where's the Civility? The Vice President Calls Us "Terrorists"  (Read 1005 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Where's the Civility? The Vice President Calls Us "Terrorists"
August 2, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's go back to January 12th of this year, Tucson, Arizona, University of Arizona, this is Barack Obama at the Together We Thrive Tucson and America event.  It was a campaign rally for Obama, ostensibly a memorial for Gabrielle Giffords, to pay tribute to her, and this is among the things that Obama had to say.

OBAMA:  At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who happen to think differently than we do, it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that -- that heals, not in a way that wounds. (applause)

RUSH:  Right on, right on, right on, a bunch of BS.  Now, CBS News anchor Scott Pelley interviewed Joe Biden yesterday and asked him if he called the Tea Party "terrorists."  CBS then wrote a story that reports Biden denied calling conservatives terrorists.  But as of now they have not aired the exchange, nor have they posted the video on their website.  They did air some other clips on the CBS Evening News last week in the Early Show today.  But Biden did.  Biden's not the only one.  We have shared with you examples of the Democrats calling the Tea Party people terrorists and holding the country hostage, any number of things like this, which is outrageous. 

After making such a big deal about hate rhetoric and Gabby Giffords, the vice president of the United States calls opponents terrorists, the media helps bury the story.  Why did they ask him?  Why did Scott Pelley ask him if they weren't gonna show the answer?  Maybe they didn't like his answer.  But when Biden was asked about what he spoke with Giffords about he joked, "She's now a member of the cracked head club like me."  I think he said that to her.  She is not able to speak yet.  She's able to vote, but she's not able to speak.  And Biden either said to her, "Hey, hey, hey, how are you?  You know, hey, Chuck, stand up, let 'em see you. Oh, my God, love you.  God love you, Chuck's in a wheelchair, can't stand.  Well, let's all stand up for Chuck." It was one of those moments, where Biden goes up and says to Gabby Giffords, "Hey, you know what?  You're like me, you're a member of the cracked head club." 

Now, there's no tape on that, either.  Apparently cameras don't follow Biden around.  Yeah, of course they follow Biden. Of course there's tape on this.  They're sequestering it, or suppressing it.  They've got tape of Biden saying all this stuff.  They're just hiding it.  They are not using it.  Now, how many times has Dick Cheney asked about calling Pat Leahy an orifice hole?  And Cheney, by the way, admitted it, and Cheney told him to do something more than just called him a name.  Cheney said you go do something anatomically impossible to Pat Leahy.  And of course everybody was outraged, this is unacceptable in Washington, DC, why, how can we expect togetherness and comity and civility when the vice president of the United States is referring to a revered member of the Senate in such horrid ways?  And yet here's Biden out there just setting all kinds of records with the rhetoric. 

This morning on CNBC Morning Joe the guest, The Politico editor Jim VandeHei.  And during a discussion about the federal debt deal, Willie Geist, a cohost, said, "Specifically the role of Vice President Joe Biden, how important was he in getting this done?"
VANDEHEI: He sort of stole the day yesterday. There was that hoopla over him engaging in a conversation in that meeting with Democrats about calling Tea Party members, uh, "terrorists."

SCARBOROUGH: Did he call 'em "terrorists," Jim?

VANDEHEI: (pause) My understanding is, yes. There was three or four members who were in that room talked and using that precise language, and I think what he did is then sort of read it back and -- and engaging in that conversation, so that served --

SCARBOROUGH: And so he denied. He denied it to CBS, but there are four Democrats --

VANDEHEI: It was not a clear denial to me. (snickering)

SCARBOROUGH: (snickering) It was not a clear denial.

VANDEHEI: It was not a clear denial to me. My understanding is undoubtedly he used those words.

RUSH: Well, Scott Pelley said he denied it. Scott Pelley of CBS said it was a clear denial. Jim VandeHei said, "Oh, yeah, he clearly used the words. No question about it. He clearly used the words." Sarah Palin last night. She was On the Record with Greta who said, "Today the Vice President accused the Tea Party of acting like terrorists over the debt ceiling debate. Tell me, is that just political snarkiness, or do you think that the people -- the establishment, political party, both sides of the aisle -- are on the run and just don't like the Tea Party?"

PALIN: Tea Party Patriots are getting kind of used to be called names. You know, racists and inciters of violence and being accused of things that we have nothing to do with. But I suppose it's more appalling to have been called acting like terrorists today from he who is second in command of the most powerful office in the world. It's quite appalling, and certainly proves how out of touch this White House is when it comes to realizing what the silent majority of Americans are seeing and feeling. So to be called a "terrorist" because of our beliefs from the Vice President, it's quite appalling. It's quite vile.

RUSH: Yeah. In the meantime, in the meantime -- while all this is going on, while efforts are being made to cover up what Joe Biden said -- there's a story here in the New York Daily News. I have that story right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers. It's a story by Aliyah Shahid, obviously working beyond Ramadan. "GOP Congressman, Doug Lamborn of Colorado, blasted for likening President Obama to a 'tar baby' -- A Republican congressman is under fire for likening President Obama to a 'tar baby.' Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado Springs used the racially charged term during an interview on a Denver radio station on Friday.

"'Even if some people say, well, the Republicans should have done this or they should have done that, they will hold the president responsible,' Lamborn said Friday while discussing Obama's budget policies. 'Now, I don't want to even have to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get, you get it, you know… you are stuck and you are part of the problem now, and you can't get away,' he added. While 'tar baby' is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as 'something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself,' it has long been recognized as a derogatory term for African Americans, originating in the 'Uncle Remus' stories, supposedly told by an old black man."

Is that true? (interruption) All right. So "tar baby" now has racial connotations. So we gotta stop everything. This Colorado congressman called Obama a "tar baby." (interruption) I know. He apologized. Biden hasn't apologized. They're out there denying that Biden ever said it. Biden is calling us "terrorists," hostage takers, wanting to gun us down. Gun to their heads. We had a gun to their heads. All of this stuff. So the sense of proportion is missing. Obviously. Speaking of hostage taking, folks, I saw a cartoon somewhere that showed Obama holding a gun to a spermatozoa and demanding its money.

I think that sums up who is taking whom hostage today. We are being held hostage by the Democrat Party. We are being held hostage by the Washington, DC, Ruling Class. And just think, the Senate is voting right now on measures to raise the US debt ceiling. In a few moments, in a very few moments, this crisis will be over and everybody can sigh (sighs) and move on to other things. But how long will it be before we have the next crisis? Whatever happened to the "no drama Obama" we were sold during the 2008 campaign? There is gonna be the next Armageddon. There will be a next crisis, and it will happen within seven days.
END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald