Author Topic: The End of US Space Exploration and the Impact of Exposure to the American Flag  (Read 1134 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The End of US Space Exploration and the Impact of Exposure to the American Flag on Liberals
July 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, level check test, one two -- ah, hey, no change is necessary. Levels are set perfectly! Unprecedented. It's never happened. It's never happened. Hi, folks. El Rushbo here, the EIB Network, and we are in Los Angeles today, and normally when we start from Los Angeles the -- ah, don't want to get too inside here, but the mix minus audio match never just quite matches up, and we always have to do it live on air, waste precious broadcast minutes. But now it's working fine, so I only wasted a few minutes telling you that it's working fine. Great to have you here as we kick off three hours of broadcast excellence. Nothing's changed except where we are, and, remember, as long as I'm here, doesn't matter where here is. Telephone number you want to be on the program is 800-282-2882, and the e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

Now, there is no Dittocam today, but we're gonna be back here in two or three weeks, and I am assured that there will be a Dittocam up and running by the next trip and then all other trips out here after that. So we spare no expense making investments here at the EIB Network to continue to offer you what you're paying for. I don't like not having a Dittocam out here, but -- (laughing) -- Snerdley is in New York today, and he can speak to me when I can't see him getting ready to speak to me, so it's a total shock when he interrupts as he just did. Now, he thinks I'm lying to you about being eager to have the Dittocam out here 'cause I've said a couple times in the past that a radio show is to be heard, not seen. But we are gonna put the camera here, whether I like it or not, the Dittocam will be here the next trip that we're here. And also, ladies and gentlemen, Mark Steyn will be here tomorrow. I said yesterday that a good friend of ours passed away, Myra Kraft, and we are attending the funeral tomorrow. As such, we will not be able to do the program tomorrow so Mark Steyn will be here for that, and then next week we're back to total normalcy. We'll be back in the EIB Southern Command and a full broadcast week hosted by me will then begin. So I appreciate your patience and your indulgence in all of this, but we make most of the moments that we have.

Did any of you get up early to see the shuttle land? They landed in the dark. Well, almost in the dark. It was just barely light when the shuttle touched down. I continue to be amazed. Obviously it's no big deal to come down from 235 miles with no power. They do it every time and they've never once -- well, there was an accident when the shuttle exploded during reentry, but aside from that, it always works. I can't relate. You're 17,500 miles an hour, you hit the retrorockets or whatever they're now called, and you slow yourself down and you get through the atmosphere and that slows you down even more, and you're in basically a rock. The glide ratio on this thing is like nine to one which means it's a rock. And from 235 miles they come down, they hit a three-mile runway. There's no chance to go around. If they blow it, they blow it. They come down, this landing was for all intents and purposes in the dark. I know these are great pilots, and they fly instruments routinely and the computer does a lot of it, but it still amazes me.

But this was it, folks, what a proud moment for the United States of America. I mean you didn't have to get up and see it live. You can see tape of it. You can watch it on YouTube or any number of news sites or cable news stations, to be able to tell your children and your grandchildren that you were there when the United States of America got out of the nonsense of space exploration by man and all the money got diverted to more useful things down here on earth like Muslim outreach and studying the catastrophic effects of climate change thanks to our Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama, mmm, mmm, mmm.
Remember the story we had going into the Fourth of July, on the eve of the Fourth of July there was a story that Fourth of July celebrations were only attractive and appealing to Republicans, and that Fourth of July celebrations actually tended to convert people to the Republican Party. It explained a lot. It explained why to the Democrats, the Fourth of July, no big deal to them. In fact, to many of the different varied constituency groups in the Democrat Party there is no great thing about the birth of this nation. There's no great thing about July 4th, independence and all that. They think it's a flawed country from the get-go, racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobes were the founders and all this sort of stuff. So there are a group of people in this country that don't celebrate it, and they all happen to be Democrats or leftists who vote Democrat.

Well, get this now. This is from US News & World Report: "US Flag Only Boosts GOP." The US flag makes people think and vote Republican, just like Fourth of July celebrations. No wonder Democrats and their leftists are always so eager to burn the American flag, because it tends to motivate people to vote and think Republican. "Just a brief exposure to an image of the American flag shifts voters, even Democrats, to Republican beliefs, attitudes and voting behavior even though most don't believe it will impact their politics, according to a new two-year study just published in the scholarly Psychological Science." You ever heard of that? Psychological Science magazine. "What's more, according to three authors from the University Chicago, Cornell University and Hebrew University, the impact had staying power. 'A single exposure to an American flag resulted in a significant increase in participants' Republican voting intentions, voting behavior, political beliefs, and implicit and explicit attitudes, with some effects lasting 8 months,' the study found."

Folks, go out and put a flag up in front the house! Everybody get a flag out there 'cause it's a double whammy. A, it'll tick off the Democrats. Your house might be at risk, but it will grow conservatism. Look at this study, two-year study, three universities, three scholars. I read this to you again, "A single exposure to an American flag resulted in a significant increase in participants' Republican voting intentions, voting behavior, political beliefs, and implicit and explicit attitudes, with some effects lasting 8 months. These results constitute the first evidence that nonconscious priming effects from exposure to a national flag can bias the citizenry toward one political party and can have considerable durability." Oh, this explains so much. That's why the left is out there burning flags all day long, why they don't like the Fourth of July. This is just classic.

Now, this is "the first study to look at the political impact on Americans who have seen an American flag, and it seems to back up another recent Harvard University professor's study that found that kids who attended a July 4th parade ended up leaning Republican when they grew up." This is not that Harvard study. It's not even related to it. Turns out to be a companion study. It's a separate study. You can see where this is headed, though, can't you? Soon, folks, it's gonna be against the law to have flags near polling stations. What do you bet it won't be long before the left and the Democrats suggest, after looking at this, that you can't use the American flag in a campaign ad. Don't be surprised. I know these people. I know these people like every square inch of my glorious naked body, and this is the kind of thing you're never gonna see 'em react publicly to this. But behind the scenes they're looking at this, and they'll believe it and they'll act accordingly. You have to wonder how long it will be before flying the flag is outlawed along with celebrating the Fourth of July.

But the question here is, seriously, why should the symbol of America, our flag of patriotism be so much more associated with the Republican Party than the Democrat Party. That's a rhetorical question, of course, but still one worth asking. Why does this happen? Fourth of July, young kids, turns 'em into Republicans, seeing the American flag boosts people's support of and intention to vote for the Republicans. How does that happen? It can only happen, not because of the Republicans so much, but because of the Democrats. It's obvious what the Democrats stand for.

"For this study, the scholars asked mostly Democratic-leaning voters to join in the survey conducted just before the 2008 election of President Obama over Sen. John McCain. All were given a survey to fill out. Half of those surveys included a small picture of an American flag in the top left corner. Some 90 percent said that they believed their voting behavior wouldn't be influenced by the presence of a flag. But after asking how the participants voted, the study concluded: 'In contrast to the beliefs of the participants in the pilot study, the results from the experiments reported here show that exposure to the American flag introduces a bias toward the Republican Party over the Democratic Party. In one experiment, we tested whether subtle exposure to the American flag shifted people's beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors toward the Republican end of the political continuum. We found that a single exposure to a small American flag during deliberation about voting intentions prior to a general election led to significant and robust changes in participants' voting intentions, voting behavior, and political attitudes, all in the politically conservative direction.'"

So you see, it goes even beyond voting Republican. It means voting conservative. It means we are a center-right country, and it means that we are a majority of the people and of the thinking in this country. You know, it's a funny little story here. It's nevertheless important, worthwhile, very instructive and just another reason to go ahead and feel optimistic. We're not alone. We're not the minority. We are the country. We just need more and more elected representation of who we are. In other words, we need to keep winning elections.  Okay, folks, time for a brief time-out again. We're in LA. No Dittocam today, but this is the last trip out -- pretty -- pretty safe in saying this our last trip in LA without the Dittocam. Next time we're here should be two or three weeks, we will have it up and running for those of you who subscribe to the website RushLimbaugh.com, 24/7.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald