Author Topic: Obama Spins Reelection Chances  (Read 1099 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Spins Reelection Chances
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »
Obama Spins Reelection Chances
July 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Audio sound bites. Last night in Kansas City. Well, I don't know if he's in Kansas City or if he was interviewed by Kansas City station, KNBC-TV. The anchor, Lara Moritz, was interviewing President Obama. Obama said this...

OBAMA: (haltingly) Ultimately I think that, uh, I will be judged based on, uhhh, the American people believing that I'm fighting to them, and if next November they feel like I've been on their side and, uh, I've been workin' as hard as I can and have been getting, uh, some things done to move us in the right direction, I'll win. If they don't, then I'll lose, and, uh -- that's not to say that the other candidate is irrelevant, but it does mean that I'm probably gonna win or lose depending on their assessment of my stewardship.

RUSH: Well, that's partially true. He says here that he's "gonna be judged based on the American people believing he's fighting to them." So he says, basically, he's gonna be elected on his good intentions. The American people believe he's in there fighting for them. If that's what he's relying on... I saw something also that the White House is gonna ignore the economy. They're not even going to talk about the economy during their reelection effort, which is a wise thing because they've destroyed it! So I'm sitting here today and yesterday and last week and the last week before that telling you, "If the election were held today, Obama loses and loses big, and it's not even close," and guess what? (shuffling paper)

Right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers, a story just cleared here from the Washington Times: "A Democratic polling firm said President Obama's already weak job-approval numbers are 'worse than they appear' and he likely would lose the election if it were held today." Everybody knows this. This is one of these famous internal polls which means it's honest. This is one of those polls that they're paying for and conducting themselves. They need the truth. You know, an internal poll, a campaign poll, a presidential poll from inside the White House, those polls are never released. They're not trying to shape public opinion with it. They really want to get snapshot of where they are, and that's what this poll is.

This is Public Polling Policy, a pro-Democrat firm. "For the first time in a year, Mr. Obama does not lead former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in Public Policy Polling's monthly national poll on the 2012 presidential race. They are tied at 45 percent, and Mr. Obama is losing among independent voters by a margin of 49 percent to 44 percent." Now, just yesterday we had that bogus NBC/Wall Street Journal poll which told us: Guess what? The independents have had it! They forgot the way they voted in November, or they regret the way they voted in November, and they have ran back to Obama at breakneck speed. They are in love with Obama again! They want Obama to prevail in the debt fight, they want Obama to prevail in the debt ceiling, they want Obama to prevail in the budget. The independents have had it with the Republicans!

That's what we're supposed to take from the NBC Wall Street Journal poll, and yet today a Democrat polling firm is sort of stabbing the NBC Wall Street polling unit in the back here by pointing out the independents are still aligned anti-Obama. "Worse for Mr. Obama, PPP said, the "vast majority" of undecideds disapprove of the president's performance." Why wouldn't they? Do you realize, folks, the number of people in the real world -- if you could get a genuinely honest poll, the number of people -- who like where we are right now?
The number of people who are happy where we are right now has got to be below 30%. I don't think it's a mystery. I don't think we've gotten to the point where this is the kind of country that a majority of Americans want. We know we haven't gotten to that point. Now, we do go back and forth, I'm sure. When you talk to your friends, conversation runs the gamut from, "Is the country finished?" to, "Gosh, how much time do we have before it's finished?" It's not finished, but it is on the brink if this guy gets four more years unchecked? (sigh)

All bets are off. There's no indication from this regime that they have any intention doing anything different whatsoever. They just want to double-down on what they've done. For the vast majority of the American people, nobody's happy, nobody's looking down the road to the future with a rosy outlook. Well, maybe Apple, Incorporated. Maybe a couple of corporations that happen to be defying the odds, which always happens. No matter how bad the economy is, some people are always gonna do well in it, but the average American? No -- and this PPP poll is right on the money.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to go back to this Obama sound bite because I got a couple that are companion sound bites after it that I want to play. He was in the White House, he wasn't in Kansas City, just did an interview for Kansas City local station, KMBC, infobabe Lara Moritz, and again, this is what he said about the next election.

OBAMA: Ultimately I think that I will be judged --

RUSH: Yeah.

OBAMA: -- based on the American people believing --

RUSH: Right.

OBAMA: -- that I'm fighting for them.

RUSH: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah.

OBAMA: And if next November they feel like I've been on their side, and I've been working as hard as I can and have been getting some things done to move us in the right direction, I'll win.

RUSH: BS.

OBAMA: If they don't, then I'll lose, and that's not to say that the other candidate is irrelevant, but it does mean that I'm probably gonna win or lose depending on their assessment of my stewardship.

RUSH: Okay, he says, "based on the American people believing I'm fighting for them." Who? He's fighting for us. Against who? Who is Obama fighting? He's fighting us! He is fighting against the people of this country. He is governing against the will of the people of this country. Obamacare, his ideas on immigration, his ideas on anything are governing against the majority will of the people of this country. (imitating Obama) "The American people think I'm fighting for them." From the perspective of the American people, who, let's say there are some who think Obama is fighting for them, who is he fighting? Militant Islamists? Communists? Hugo Chavez? Who's he fighting? He's fighting Republicans. He's fighting conservatives. He's fighting other Americans.

This is a president at war with his own country. Is he fighting against unemployment? No. Is he fighting for energy independence? Nope. Claims to be. Here's what Obama said back in February of 2009. This is on the Today Show, Matt Lauer said, "You'll know quickly how people feel about the job you did in office. You'll get a pretty good feel quickly about what's happened."

OBAMA: That's exactly right. And, you know, a year from now I think people are gonna see that we're starting to make some progress, but there's still gonna be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's gonna be a one-term proposition.

RUSH: Okay, so he's moved the goalposts now because back in 2009 he gave himself three years, and if he hasn't fixed anything in three years then he's gonna be a one-term president. It's only gotten worse. He's not close to winning, I guarantee you, it's not 45-45, as PPP says, and it's not 49-44 independents. It is a landslide if the election is held today, I guarantee you. Nothing's changed since November that caused that landslide victory, except things have gotten worse.
Now, this morning on PMSNBC, The Daily Rundown show, the host, F. Chuck Todd, played the sound bite you just heard of the president saying he's out there fighting for everybody and if the people think he's fighting for them then he's gonna win. After playing that bite F. Chuck decided he needed to analyze it.

TODD: The president says that the election is gonna be a referendum on himself. I can imagine how the White House campaign team is gonna spin this a little bit and they'll say something like, "Well, of course it will be somewhat about the president, but the idea of two visions is still going to be a matter, and it is still gonna be a choice at the end of the day." We'll see. That's a classic Washington gaffe when somebody accidentally speaks the truth in one of those spin sessions.

RUSH: Whoa. F. Chuck just said that Obama committed a gaffe because he told the truth. Now, what does that tell us? F. Chuck, (imitating F. Chuck) "I've been trying to cover for the guy. We're doing everything we can to cover for the guy but he had to go out there and screw it all up by telling the truth so we gotta find a way to sell this or to spin it. Bad move for Obama to say the election will be a referendum on --" F. Chuck, you gotta realize you're dealing with a narcissist here. He wants the election to be about him.

One more. Last night, I guess he was doing interviews all over the place from the White House, little bits and pieces of interviews. This is from Ohio 10 TV Eyeball News, the anchor Jerry Revish says, "There's still a lot of frustration from people continuing to wait for that change that you've promised. They don't feel better off now than they were three years ago. How do you convince them that we're headed in the right direction?"

OBAMA: The vast majority of people understand that this is something that we inherited, that when I came into office we'd already lost four million jobs and then the few months after I got sworn in we lost another four million. What I think the American people want to know is there's a game plan for the future. What people want to know is that we're moving in the right direction, even if they're frustrated about how fast we're moving. We need to speed it up, but I think the trajectory is a good one.

RUSH: Yeah, it's all Bush's fault, is what that means. Yeah, yeah, vast majority of people understand it's something that we inherited. I came into office, we'd already lost four million jobs. No, not true. The massive layoffs began in November of 2008 after he won the election and before he was immaculated. That's when everybody's grandmother got pushed over the cliff. That's when it started because businesses, "Oh, my gosh, we're cooked," because they had heard what the guy said, and that's when it all started. "And so what I think the American people want to know is there's a game plan in the future." Damn right. Where's your plan?

Mr. President, you don't have a budget. You don't have anything on paper. There's nothing anybody can go to and say, "This is what you believe or what you want," particularly in the debt fight, which of course is by design. So he's banking on the fact that he still has the power of this messianic personality and the dominant mainstream media to continue getting away with the illusion that is Barack Obama, that they succeeded in convincing everybody of in 2008, and I don't buy it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, so our Dear Leader -- "Barack Hussein Obama! Mmm, mmm, mmm!" -- says we're going the right direction, and people gotta realize that he's fighting to them. What he doesn't realize is that Bill O'Reilly owns that. Bill O'Reilly's been looking out for us for ten years. There's no room for Obama be looking out for us 'cause O'Reilly's got that sewn up. O'Reilly's caring for us, so Obama's late to the show on that. So now he's, gone from, "Well, they know we're fighting. I'm fighting for them." Yeah, fighting who? And now the stimulus? "Hey, who cares about the results? It was my good intentions. That's all that counts."

The typical answer every time a leftist program ends up in the track or is a gigantic failure, they always end up saying, "Don't judge the outcome! Don't judge the results! Look at my heart. Look at my intentions." Okay, I am more than willing, I'm more than willing to challenge Obama's good intentions 'cause I think he got exactly what he wanted with all this. He said, "We're going in the right direction." Really? "New claims for unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week, a government report showed, pointing to a labor market that's struggling to regain momentum after job growth faltered in the last two months." I cannot stop laughing 'cause that's the only way I can keep from crying. Their headline: "Jobless Claims Rise Above Expectations."

Rise Above Expectations? Doesn't that sound like a good thing? When you see a headline: "Jobless Claims Rise Above Expectations," wow, that's good news! This is classic journalistic malpractice. "Jobless Claims Rise Above Expectations." Don't we all want to rise above our expectations? Everybody wants to outdo their expectations, everybody wants to do better than their expectations, and now our jobless claims? Why, they're rising above expectations! No! I'm beginning to think the labor market must be racist to keep being so mean to Mr. Obama here, judging from the AP piece, consumers must be racist saboteurs as well. You know, Chuck Schumer and all these other people say, "Well, the economy is fine. It's just people are cowards and they refuse to go out and participate." At any rate, the jobless numbers are way up. There's nothing good about them. We're not going in the right direction on unemployment, except maybe from Obama's point of view. This irresponsible headline notwithstanding.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald