Author Topic: The Beatles' Albums: 1963-1965  (Read 10759 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: The Beatles' Albums: 1963-1965
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 02:44:08 am »
A simpler time and a better day. I remember when the Beetles hit the USA like it was yesterday.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 01:57:21 am »
I think My2cents will appreciate this thread, DC.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 08:15:33 pm »
I think My2cents will appreciate this thread, DC.

I come back here from time to time and get lost. 

Still the greatest band in history.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 08:35:22 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 09:19:53 pm »

The Beatles - For No one

The lyrics are touching.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 09:25:05 pm »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »
You might ping M2C to be sure he finds this thread, I imagine he is still finding his way around all we have here... and no one is a bigger Beatles fan than M2C

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »
You might ping M2C to be sure he finds this thread, I imagine he is still finding his way around all we have here... and no one is a bigger Beatles fan than M2C

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »
The perfect storm of genius, over a few short years, which joined these four with George Martin, is not likely repeatable by other creative teams.

They deserve first place.

Without Martin, I don't think the Beatles would have been so successful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Martin 

The next few groups and individuals down the rankings are very, very good, too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 10:55:49 pm »

I'll PM him!  Thanks!  :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 11:03:06 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 11:08:34 pm »

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 01:26:24 am »

Let me tell you
How it will be.
There's one for you,
Nineteen for me,

'Cause I'm the taxman.
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Should five percent
Appear too small,
Be thankful I don't
Take it all.

'Cause I'm the taxman.
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

If you drive a car,
I'll tax the street.
If you drive to city,
I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold,
I'll tax the heat.
If you take a walk,
I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

'Cause I'm the taxman.
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for,
(Uh-uh, Mr. Wilson.)
If you don't want to pay some more.
(Uh-uh, Mr. Heath.)

'Cause I'm the taxman.
Yeah, I'm the taxman.

And my advice to
Those who die.
(Taxman!)
Declare the pennies
On your eyes.
(Taxman!)

'Cause I'm the taxman.
Yeah, I'm the taxman,
And you're working for no one but me.
(Taxman!)
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2011, 04:55:41 pm »
Beatles fans might enjoy this: http://www.fabfanmemories.com/
I found out about it through a message on Facebook from Phil Keaggy, who is part of this project which has been nominated for a Grammy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 02:29:47 am »
That was great!  Thanks!

That twangy guitar made me think of THIS!

The Beatles A Hard Day's Night
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:42:55 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 02:32:18 am »

Top 10 Most Underrated Beatles songs

The TEN most Underrated Beatles Songs!  Some surprises!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 02:38:41 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

Beatles "When I'm Sixty Four"

ROFL! 

....will you still need me?    When I'm 64!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 09:04:23 pm »

It Won't Be Long ( real stereo ) / The Beatles

A little help BUMP for my FRiends!

November is on the horizon.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 10:46:31 pm »

The Beatles - "All I've Got To Do" Stereo Remaster

The Conservative base's ballad to Mitt Romney!    :silly:   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »

The Beatles - "No Reply"

A Bump for the Famous Four!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 10:47:39 pm »