Author Topic: The Manchild President Cracks Up  (Read 1193 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Manchild President Cracks Up
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:24:43 pm »
The Manchild President Cracks Up
July 14, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  The Republicans remain very nervous, ladies and gentlemen.  These idiots at Moody's, or as Stuart Varney says, "Moodis," the rating service clearly joining with the Democrats to put pressure on the House Republicans, the Senate Republicans as well by claiming if we don't raise the debt limit then all is lost, the US reputation gone forever.  So the pressure mounts on the Republicans in the House, and so far they're standing firm.  I think Obama's cracking, folks, I think he's cracking up.  The way I interpret this, this guy's had the road paved for him from the get-go, he's turned C's into A's or had people do that for him. He believes this messianic business.  "Hey, look, I'm gonna take the case to the American people."  Please do.  You got about 30% of them who agree with you on this.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I thought this guy was Mr. Calm and Cool, and I thought this guy was the one who was the adult in the room.  He's none of what they told us he is and I believe Obama is starting to crack.

Look, Snerdley is right, I had him pegged when I called him man-child at the very beginning.  Look, I hate to say this, but if I don't, who will?  I've had him pegged since before the election.  Michael Daly in the Daily News had a column a couple days ago, which you heard on this program two years ago.  Which is good, don't misunderstand. I'm just saying, where were you two years ago?  Why did it take you two years to figure this guy out?  It's a great column by Mr. Daly.  He says, (paraphrasing) "I can't watch anymore. I turned off that press conference after 15 minutes."  I don't have the column in front of me. I'll get excerpts here in just a second, but it was everything you've heard here on this program for the last two, two and a half years, can't be trusted, immature, childish, boring speaker, not honest, doesn't have the economic answers, stubborn, childish, all these things, and, as I say, that's good.

And Mr. Daly was featured all over television yesterday as though he's written a masterpiece.  And that's good, too.  My question is why has it taken a bunch of bloggers, and even, I guess, before the petulant walkout yesterday at the White House, this week and last week I've noticed some conservative bloggers starting to, "Yeah, this guy is an abject failure."  Everybody's now calling him a failure and proudly and happily.  And they're talking about how the guy is dishonest and he's this and that.  Where was this two years ago?  Why has it taken two years for everybody to figure this guy out?  And please don't misunderstand me here.  It's a little frustrating because I believe everybody that's writing now about what a failure, what an abysmal embarrassment, what a bore, all these things that Obama is, they knew this, at least the conservatives did on our side two years ago.

Now, maybe they didn't want to believe it, maybe they were trying to impress people with their open-mindedness, let's give the guy a chance, after all, he was elected.  But none of what's been learned about Obama this week or last week is unknown.  It wasn't just revealed about this guy.  Where was all this two years ago?  Do you realize the aggravation and damage the country could have been spared if people had the guts two years ago to write what they're writing now, and to say what they're saying now?  I mean it's practically everywhere.

Eric Cantor has his version of what happened.  Obama says, (imitating Obama) "Okay, Eric, don't make me call my bluff."  Now, folks, I don't want to nitpick here, but I'm gonna nitpick because we're told this guy's smarter than everybody else in the room.  We're told for three years that nobody could keep up with this guy, he's so far ahead of us that it's pointless to even try to understand.  We should just try to position ourselves so that we bask in the glow as well, right?  "Don't make me call my bluff."  I thought that the whole point -- and I don't play poker.  I know how, but I haven't played poker in a long time -- but I always thought that the point of a bluff was to hide that you're bluffing.  "Don't make me call my bluff"?
The Republicans called Dayton's bluff.  Dayton was bluffing, the governor of Minnesota.  Cantor would be the one to say, "Don't make me call your bluff, Mr. President."  That's who shoulda made the statement.  But Obama making it, "Don't make me call my bluff"?  (laughing)  Like Glenn Reynolds wrote, "I'd love to pay poker with this guy tonight."  He doesn't know what he's doing.  But I think, probably being charitable, what Obama meant to say was, "I'm not bluffing, Eric, I'll go to the American people."  That's what he meant to say.  "I'm not bluffing, Eric."  I don't know why he didn't say it right.  We're living off an image.  We're living off of a crafted, manipulated image of the guy.  You take the teleprompter away and he's lost, you don't know what the next word's gonna be 'cause he doesn't.

So here's Cantor and, by the way, Cookie tells me that the audio that we have here, nobody else is really playing.  Took her 'til three o'clock this morning to track it all down, that they're playing excerpts of it, and maybe that they have it, they're just not paying it because it's more impactful this way.  Let's see.  This is Eric Cantor speaking with reporters about the talks last night in Washington.

CANTOR:  The White House meeting just ended, and it ended with the president abruptly walking out of the meeting.  He got very agitated, seemingly, and said that, you know, he sat here long enough and that no other president, Ronald Reagan wouldn't sit here like this, and that he's reached the point that something's gotta give, so he said you either gotta compromise on your dollar-for-dollar insistence, or you compromise on big deal, which means on raising taxes.

RUSH:  Ronald Reagan wouldn't sit here like this.  Yeah, we don't you just love it?  Here's Obama who in his books talks about how he hated Reagan and his minions and that his political objective was to undo everything Reagan had ever done and now Reagan's the gold standard for these guys.  All week long, all we've heard about is the Democrats telling the Republicans what Reagan would have and wouldn't have done.  So Cantor says, he told them you either gotta compromise on your dollar for dollar insistence or you compromise on the -- I thought Obama said you've gotta leave your ultimatums at the door?  Well, he did.  Last week when all this stuff revved up again, he said you gotta leave your ultimatums at the door.  No, he didn't say leave his 'cause he obviously hasn't left his.  Mr. President, we knew Ronald Reagan.  Ronald Reagan was a president of ours, and you, sir, are no Ronald Reagan.  In fact, Barack Obama's the anti-Reagan, and by his own admission.  Here's more Cantor speaking to reporters.  After saying that Obama became agitated in the meeting, Cantor then said this.

CANTOR:  He said to me, "Eric, don't call my bluff."  He said, "I'm going to the American people with this."  So again, I was somewhat taken aback.  He shoves back and said I'll see you tomorrow and walked out.

RUSH:  Okay, "Eric, don't call my bluff. I'm gonna go to the American people with this."  What has he been doing?  It isn't working.  I was frankly expecting a speech this morning or an appearance this morning trying to counterbalance whatever this was.  Of course you've got Democrat operatives saying, "Yeah, Cantor, little punk kid, Eric Cantor doesn't know what he's talking about.  Barack Obama lit Eric Cantor up like he's never been lit up before."  That's what a Democrat operative said.  Well, frankly, I'm gonna choose to believe Cantor here because everything we've been told about Obama is a pack of lies.  Everything we've been told about Obama's brilliance, his image, his economics, all this is a bunch of BS.  Dingy Harry is so upset that he wants Cantor removed from the process.  He said so this morning on the floor of the Senate.

REID:  Speaker Boehner, Minority Leader McConnell, seem to understand the seriousness of this situation.  They're willing to negotiate in good faith, which I appreciate and the country appreciates.  Meanwhile, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has shown that he shouldn't even be at the table, and Republicans agree he shouldn't be at the table.  One Republican told Politico last night quote, "He lost a lot of credibility when he walked away from the table.  It was childish," end of quote.  He's walked out on meetings with the vice president of the United States.  It was childish.

RUSH:  Oh, Cantor now walked out of a meeting with Bite Me?  When did that happen?  Last week?  Cantor walked out of a meeting with Bite Me.  All right, okay.  Fine, okay, impasse, walked out.  It's what Obama did yesterday, shoved back.  The story is the Democrats, "Hey, Obama, he kicked ass in there, folks, let's just be honest, he kicked ass, he lit Cantor up like Cantor never been lit up before, and he's ending the meeting, and then Cantor rudely interrupted him three times, little creep kid has no business being in there." They're cracking up in there.  And then another thing, Jay Carney told the press corps in the White House, "By the way, you guys cannot ask any more questions when everybody's gathering for the meetings.  No questions for the press pool going in there."  And Chip Reid said, "What?  Are you saying we can't ask any questions," and Carney said, "Yeah, because you're shouting them and Obama doesn't want to be shouted at."  Obama doesn't want to be shouted at.

What would Reagan do?  Reagan was shouted at all the time. He just pretended he couldn't hear 'em and moved on, or Reagan would say when his friends got upset, "That's just Sam," meaning Donaldson, "That's just Sam,"
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Eric Cantor is demoing some guts. Eric Cantor demoing some fortitude -- and Paul Ryan has done this. You remember in a budget meeting somewhere near the White House on Medicare, and Ryan just ran rings around Obama on policy, and it was televised. Obama was sitting there with that middle finger on his face, flipping Ryan off, looking just ticked as hell that Ryan would dare disrespect him, Obama. After that they all said, "Ryan disrespected President Obama! He doesn't deserve to be in the same room with Obama. He's not up to Obama's level," and now Cantor needs to be kicked off the room. "He is not up to Obama's level. He doesn't deserve be there, doesn't deserve to be there because he doesn't show the proper respect."

So, in other words: Anybody who speaks up and stands up for us, the people, is not up to the job of being in the same room with Barack Hussein Obama.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I guess we're gonna have to call it even more disrespect for Obama. The White House suggested that the conferees get together at Camp David to talk about raising the debt limit and all of this, and John Boehner has just stated that he doesn't see any need to go to Camp David to talk to Obama, that they can talk in the White House. They don't have to leave Washington to talk. "'The Speaker has told the White House he sees no need to go to Camp David this weekend,' said Boehner spokesperson Michael Steel in a statement." So Obama says, "Camp David," and Boehner says, "Nope." They're hanging tough.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Jay Carney.  This is the bite I was talking about earlier where Obama doesn't want questions being shouted at him anymore.  This is a daily press briefing yesterday and a reporter said, "Can we have TV cameras in the top of the meeting today?"  And here's the answer.

CARNEY:  We are doing a photo still spray today.  I would remind you that the last time we had TV cameras in the meeting it was less than three hours after the president had given a press conference, and people shouted questions at him, including people who had just had questions in the press conference.  So, again, the purpose of the meeting is not to create a circus but to negotiate, so today we're doing stills only.

KNOLLER:  Questions are a circus?

REID:  Are you telling us we can't ask questions?

CARNEY:  He asked questions -- he did a 70-minute press conference last week, he had a 45-minute press conference three hours before people walked in.

RUSH:  Are you telling us we can't ask questions? Are you saying questions are a circus?  That was Mark Knoller, CBS.  Are you telling us questions are a circus?  That's what he said.  So we're just doing a still spray.  That means still photographers from the pool are allowed to go in there and snap pictures at the opening of the negotiations, but no video.  Obama doesn't want questions shouted at him.  He's taken enough questions from you boobs.  No more.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: The Manchild President Cracks Up
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:27 am »
That's pretty poor behaviour from someone who is supposed to be the President of the United States of America.  Talk about someone who doesn't deserve to be in the White House; the only politician mentioned who doesn't deserve to be in the White House on account of his disrespectful behaviour is Obama.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: The Manchild President Cracks Up
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »
Let the president's arbitrary date of default expire, and then let him explain his choices of who to pay to the American people.  If he chooses not to pay bond holders and seniors he will seal his fate for good.