Author Topic: Rubio: Which One of Your Taxes Will Create Jobs, Mr. President?  (Read 1117 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Rubio: Which One of Your Taxes Will Create Jobs, Mr. President?
July 7, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Marco Rubio over in the Senate gets this.  He was in Washington, Senate floor speech.  We have some sound bites from Marco Rubio, Senator from Florida.

RUBIO:  Let's stop talking about new taxes and start talking about creating new taxpayers, which basically means jobs.  Now, here in Washington this debt is the number one issue on everyone's mind, and rightfully so.  It is a major issue.  But everywhere else in the real world the number one issue on people's minds are jobs.  And I'll tell you every other problem facing America: a mortgage crisis, home foreclosure crisis, this debt problem, all of these issues get easier to deal with if people are gainfully employed across America.  And the impact that unemployment's having across this country is devastating.

RUSH:  And he wasn't finishing.  He was just getting warmed up.

RUBIO:  Our job here is to do everything we can to make it easier for them to find a job, not harder.  And I think that's what we have to do when it comes to a balanced approach, and when we talk about revenue.  We don't need new taxes.  We need new taxpayers, people that are gainfully employed, making money and paying into the tax system and then we need a government that has the discipline to take that additional revenue and use it to pay down the debt and never grow it again.

RUSH:  Amen.  There's a Republican here that gets it.  This is real simple, and this is all you say to Obama when you go into the meeting, we need taxpayers.  You want to raise revenue, get some jobs out there, dummkopf.  New jobs, growing economy, more taxpayers, more revenue, bingo, there it is, everybody's happy.  No need to raise a damn thing here.  And he kept going, folks.

RUBIO:  So you look at all these taxes that are being proposed and here's what I say.  I say she should analyze every single one of them through the lens of job creation, issue number one in America.  I want to know which one of these taxes that they're proposing will create jobs.  I want to know how many jobs are gonna be created by the plane tax.  How many jobs are gonna be created by the oil company tax that I heard so much about?  How many jobs are created by going after the millionaires and billionaires that the president talks about?  I want to know, how many jobs do they create?

RUSH:  Marco Rubio, Republican freshman Senator from Florida definitely has a future, and here he is bringing it home.

RUBIO:  I traveled the state of Florida for two years campaigning.  I have never met a job creator who told me that they were waiting for the next tax increase before they started growing their business.  I never met a single job creator who's ever said to me, "I can't wait 'til government raises taxes again so I can go out and create a job," and curious to know if they say that in New Hampshire because they don't say that in Florida.  So my view on all this is I want to know how many jobs these tax increases the president proposes will create because if they're not creating jobs and they're not creating new taxpayers, they're not solving the problem.

RUSH:  That's Marco Rubio, Republican Senator from Florida.  Wow.  We get enthused because we know that there are Republicans in there who get it, yet at the same time we do have this fear that some of them don't know the traps they're walking into at the same time.  When has a tax increase ever created a job?  Except for the IRS.  When has a tax ever created a job?  Yeah, Obama's got this favorite term, "We need to expand the pie."  The problem is he doesn't know how to do it, or he doesn't mean it when he says we need to expand the pie.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald