Author Topic: Isolationism? John McCain Treats Republican Field Like Fire Hydrant  (Read 1140 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Isolationism? John McCain Treats Republican Field Like Fire Hydrant
June 20, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I wanted you to hear what McCain said.  I've been talking about McCain treating the Republican presidential field as a bunch of fire hydrants.  He was on with Christiane Amanpour on ABC's This Week.  They were talking about the War Powers Act and the war against Libya, and Christiane Amanpour said, "Are you concerned about the message that we're hearing?  You've talked about the partisan share, what's going on in Congress.  Are you concerned, for instance, about what Speaker Boehner is saying about this?"

MCCAIN:  Well, I was more concerned about what the candidates in New Hampshire the other night said.  This is isolationism.  There's always been an isolation strain or isolationist strain in the Republican Party, the Pat Buchanan wing of our party, but now it seems to have moved more center stage, so to speak.

RUSH:  Come on, here.  What are we supposed to do?  Everywhere in the world we are supposed to go, Congo, Sudan?  It's our place every case to use the military where there are human rights violations on this scale?  Isolationism?  Why do this?  I don't know, as I said earlier, we need a new definition of what he means by isolationism because this is just over the top.  And I think, you know, he's out today blaming illegal immigrants for these wildfires, and I gotta tell you, that's as inane as anything else, and probably he's out doing that to make sure people don't talk about his comment on Meet the Press 'cause that's what I'm sure he's embarrassed by, or wants to have people not focus on.  He would never say something like that about Obama when he was running for office himself. When he was running for the presidency he wouldn't criticize Obama that way.  I don't know who he's trying to curry favor with now.  I mean, what's the point? 

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: Isolationism? John McCain Treats Republican Field Like Fire Hydrant
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:17:03 am »
McCain is trying to make himself feel better for his perceived slights from the conservative end of the GOP by trashing GOPs and conservative GOP'ers in particular.  In other words, he's no better than your garden-variety democrat.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Isolationism? John McCain Treats Republican Field Like Fire Hydrant
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:34 am »
McCain is a progressive......... a PROUD TR Progressive.  This is why I think we are much more accurate using term Progressive or Conservative then D or R...... indies would likely be more along the line of Libertarian.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776