Author Topic: Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz on Democrat Ownership of Economy  (Read 1227 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz on Democrat Ownership of Economy
June 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

I had this sound bite in the roster yesterday and I didn't have a chance to get to it, and I have since heard everybody making a lot of hay out of it.  I had it, I looked at it, I said, eh, no big deal, Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz, but I've watched everybody else.  An example here, my instinct said, okay, interesting but certainly not a priority.  I didn't put it at the top of things.  And as such, by the time the program ended yesterday I had not gotten to it.  Here's the bite.  It happened yesterday in Washington at The Politico playbook breakfast.  The new chairbabe of the Democrat National Committee, Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz, spoke.  During the Q&A, CNN senior White House correspondent Ed Henry and Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz had this exchange about the economy.

HENRY:  My question is, at what point does your party own the economy?  Is it three years after the president took office, four years, five to ten years, ten to 15 years?  At what point do you take ownership?

SCHULTZ:  Oh, I mean I think we clearly are responsible for the -- I'm gonna take ownership right now.

RUSH:  Okay.  Now, one of two things is clear.  Either Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz is clueless and didn't understand what was behind the question, didn't understand the nature of the question, or else the whole thing is a setup and the Democrats think the economy is on the verge of doing something that can be called a turn around that they want to be able to own, that they want to say, yep, it's ours.  Now, Ed Henry is not one of us, folks. Ed Henry, CNN, State-Controlled Media stenographer, he asks this question, "At what point does your party own the economy?"
Well, in a real world, he'd be asking that because Obama continues to blame Bush and an enterprising journalist would say, "Wait a second, now, you've been in office for two and a half years; your mark is on this economy.  You have spent over $2 trillion.  You borrowed, whatever, $2 trillion under false premise, creating jobs and growing the economy.  It hasn't worked.  You keep blaming Bush. You say that it's worse than you thought when you assumed office.  At what point is any of this yours?"  Now, in the world of fair, honest, balanced journalism, that's a legitimate question.  But this is not the fair, honest, balanced world of journalism, certainly not at CNN, and it isn't at PMSNBC.  So we just can't automatically conclude here that Ed Henry is asking a common sense question founded in genuine journalistic curiosity. 

You could almost say that this question could have a bit of an accusation in terms of tone.  Okay, at what point do you own it?  It sounds here that Debbie "Blabbermouth" could be blindsided by the question, doesn't quite know what is really being asked of her, and it could well be that Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz, with her own ego and belief that the Democrat Party is the end all, end all, is the only thing that exists, that everybody loves, "Oh, yeah, sure we own it."  We know that Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz has been out there talking about the economy being in great recovery, all these great signs, so she either thinks it herself or she's had talking points fed to her.  So here's the bite again, and listen, if you will, as we air it this time, to Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz appearing to be somewhat undecided or perhaps a little surprised by the question. 

HENRY:  My question is, at what point does your party own the economy?  Is it three years after the president took office, four years, five to ten years, ten to 15 years?  At what point do you take ownership?

SCHULTZ:  Oh, I mean I think we clearly are responsible for the -- I'm gonna take ownership right now.

RUSH: Okay, what was she gonna say?  "I think we're clearly responsible..." she believes there's a recovery going on.  She said it so many times she believes it.  She probably thinks this economy is something worth touting.  The problem for her is that the official approach, the official stance taken by the campaign, the White House is, "Oh, no, no, no, ho-ho-ho, no, this is still a Bush economy."  So she is contradicting the White House and the reelect position on this, taking ownership of the economy.  So now since she's done it, will this hold?  Will the media proceed from that point forward, it's the Democrats' economy. Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz who runs the Democrat National Committee said so.

END TRANSCRIPT

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald