Author Topic: Romney Ad Demonstrates How Easy It Should Be to Beat Obama  (Read 1188 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Romney Ad Demonstrates How Easy It Should Be to Beat Obama
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
Romney Ad Demonstrates How Easy It Should Be to Beat Obama
June 13, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Bump in the Road

RUSH: There's a great Romney ad that started running over the weekend. We have the audio. It's about 22 seconds, 30-second ad but we got 22 seconds of audio of it.

OBAMA: There are always gonna be bumps on the road to recovery.

MAN #1: I'm an American and not a bump in the road.

MAN #2: I'm an American, not a bump in the road.

WOMAN: I'm an American, not a bump in the road.

RUSH: Oh, is that it? Okay, well, I guess we need the full one. What you're seeing here graphics-wise, is millions have lost their jobs under Obama; long-term unemployment is now worse than the Great Depression; June 3rd, 2012, unemployment rate hits 9%. These graphics are there throughout this commercial, and it plays off the fact that Obama said the economy just hit a bump in the road. Romney's gone out and got a bunch of people to say, "I'm not a bump in the road," with all these horrible economic stats on the screen at the same time. "I'm an American, not a bump in the road." Now, here's Romney going right after Obama. He's beatable! It's another thing that struck me over the weekend as I was poring through items getting ready for today's program. The idea that it's, right now, even questionable that Obama could get reelected?

Do you realize how defeated he is if the election's today? It's a landslide! Now the media, of course, is not gonna say this. I'm here to tell you that it wouldn't be close if the election were today. I don't care who the nominee is. It wouldn't be close. We're living through a manmade economic disaster, not a cyclical disaster. This really is a president steering a hurricane. They tried to tell us that George W. Bush was steering Katrina to hit New Orleans 'cause he didn't like Democrats. This is an economic hurricane that is being steered by this administration, and the damage that's being done here is real, and it is purposeful. Obama is more beatable than Weiner is, and Weiner is beatable.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You have Romney's ad and this wunderkind blogger at the Washington Post, Ezra Klein (we got time to play the bite real quick), he thinks it's pretty bad for Obama. Here's what he said.

KLEIN: Mitt Romney released what I thought to be an, uhh, essentially devastating ad over the weekend, and it didn't have anything to do with Mitt Romney. It was just people standing up and saying: I'm not a bump in the road on the recovery; I'm jobless. And so until they get those numbers up, this will not be won by campaign ads, it will not be won by message; it will only be won or lost on jobs.

RUSH: And Obama can't do anything about that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Every gasoline price sign is an anti-Obama ad. Every jobs report number is an anti-Obama ad. Every foreclosed home is an anti-Obama ad. Every time the price of hamburger goes up it's an anti-Obama ad. The Republicans really don't even have to produce any anti-Obama ads. All they gotta do is point to the news and then tell people things don't have to be this way. And they don't.
RUSH: Raleigh, North Carolina. This is Chris. Welcome to the EIB Network. Great to have you with us. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for having me.

RUSH: Yes, sir.

CALLER: Look, as a member of that conservative base, I'd really like to get back to Romney.

RUSH: Right. Okay.

CALLER: I don't know who's advising him to do what he's doing, but not going to the caucus to debate "We, the people" is not the right plan.

RUSH: He's skipping the Hawkeye Cauci and he's skipping I think New Hampshire, isn't he?

CALLER: How do you expect to get the minority vote when your candidate won't address "we, the people"? What is the difference between Romney and Obama avoiding "we, the people."

RUSH: Well, wait a minute. Obama did not avoid the Hawkeye Cauci. He, in fact, won it.

CALLER: He's avoiding "we, the people" now. So I'm looking at a potential.

RUSH: Oh.

CALLER: candidate avoiding "we the people."

RUSH: Romney's not gonna be the only politician to skip the Hawkeye Cauci. He's not gonna be the only candidate to have done that. Why skip something that you're gonna lose? If you're the front-runner and you go someplace you're gonna lose, and you do lose, you know what's gonna be said about that.

CALLER: I know what's gonna be said. This is the second time around and he's still scared to go. You think one would learn how to relate or deal with that population.

RUSH: No. He's got a strategery where he wins it without having to do the Hawkeye Cauci, and New Hampshire.

CALLER: To me he just looks more and more like Obama by doing that. That's part of the "grease the base."

RUSH: It's a risk. I mean, there might be more people like you than he understands.

CALLER: He must not get it. He's doing a Weiner! Weiner is avoiding the constituency? How is that working for him? He's getting bounced right out.

RUSH: Uhhhh, I don't know. I can understand this. Who wants to have it written about you that you're finished after the first cauci when you're not? Who wants to spend a million plus dollars in someplace you're gonna lose anyway? Or you think you're going to lose, anyway, and you get no results. I don't know. I don't think that that's that big a deal -- well, to me personally it's not. I'm not saying it shouldn't offend you. If it does offend you, let it. That's fine. I just understand the strategy of all this, and the nomination's not won in Iowa, but if you're Romney with this proclaimed front-runner status, you could lose the whole thing if you go into Iowa and get skunked. You know, politics are perception. Perception is reality and so forth. Caucuses are easy to game. Obama did it. Obama stacked the cauci big time back in 2008. Anyway, Chris, I appreciate the call.

END TRANSCRIPT

_________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald