Author Topic: Tony Weiner: Feminized Playboy in the Chickified Political Universe  (Read 1278 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Tony Weiner: Feminized Playboy in the Chickified Political Universe
June 13, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's go to the audio sound bites yesterday on ABC's This Week. The new hostette, Christiane Amanpour, had a roundtable discussion on Anthony Weiner and other male politicians getting caught for their sexual misbehavior and whether more women in positions of power would change this trend. I think it was an all-female roundtable. I think it was all-female. Yeah, it was four white women who have not received inappropriate photos (that we know of) from anybody in Congress. Here's Christiane Amanpour opening the discussion up.

AMANPOUR: You'd be hard-pressed to find a sex scandal involving a female politician these days, which begs the question: What if there were more women in politics and in positions of power? Would they change the way business is done, from Washington to Wall Street and beyond? You think this might be actually a good moment for women, this scandal?

RUSH: Okay, so Christiane Amanpour puts it out there: What if there were more women and fewer Weiners? Then you wouldn't have so many sex scandals, and you wouldn't have all this kind of stuff going on. And then she asked "Torie Clarke -- who, you know, used to be in the Bush administration; Bush 41, George H. W. Bush -- and Claire Shipman was on the panel. "Do you think this might actually be a good moment for women?" And here's "Torie" Clarke and her reply...

CLARKE: I do! I... In political and the public sector often women are seen as more honest, more sincere, harder working, all of which I think is true, so this may be an opportunity for more women to step into those positions. I'm very hopeful that women do achieve more of these positions. They're not gonna engage in the same kind of behavior.
RUSH: So help me out here, folks. Help me out. Because this has happened to Weiner and because Weiner is in trouble... I'm following the logical progression here as best I can. Because this happened (because Weiner "did this; nothing "happened"), got caught and is in trouble, now it has been deduced that women that this is actually a good moment for women in power and business because guys like Weiner doing this and getting caught results in them getting thrown away, getting them thrown out, which opens up more positions of power and leadership for women. Do I follow this right, so far? Let's move on to now Claire Shipman. Christiane Amanpour said, "There's a lot of research that talks about what the effect on society is of more women in various areas of power."

SHIPMAN: There are half a dozen major studies that show the more women you have at a company -- the more senior women -- the more money it makes. There's also an economist at the University of Michigan who has studied diversity and decision making and has found that at every business decision, diversity leads to better decisions. In other words, a group of all white men are not gonna reach the best decisions. There's something about a group of men and testosterone, you know, making risky decisions that's very real. Governments around the world recognize this. There's a reason why Norway mandates 40% of board members need to be women. England is moving in that direction.

RUSH: Have I not warned everyone about this: The chickification of the news, the chickification of our culture? It's perfectly fine to do this. It's perfectly fine to sit there and discuss this as a hypothetical. "There's something about a group of men and testosterone making risky decisions that's very real," but you put a bunch of women in these kind of decisions and that kind of thing isn't gonna happen. There not gonna be that much testosterone there. So the assumptions that are being made here go back to earlier periods of feminism. Fathers, men, were natural predators. That they really had no redeeming qualities; the purpose of women was to tame them, to socialize them.

And then if you pointed out that, boy, they really hated you -- even though those are the circumstances that they set up; the only conclusion you could come to based on the criteria they set forth. It's stunning here that you have this situation and yet this now is looked upon as a robust opportunity, a good moment for women. Now, Claire Shipman. Keep in mind she's married to Jay Carney, so she's obviously not a fan of testosterone, and we knew that going in even before she said it. (interruption) Well, Snerdley, what do you expect me to say? It's true. Even before she makes the comments, it's true. I just find this fascinating, this either/or business. Diversity is the solution here. (interruption)
No, women are not crooks. They can't be crooks. It's impossible for them to be crooks. It's impossible for women to engage in sexual missteps like Weiner did. Of course, who are all those school teachers that are engaging in predatory behavior with young male -- young boy -- students? Who are those people? This is absurd. You know, here's the thing. I wonder: Why is it that Anthony Weiner turns out to be the kind of guy he is? How does that happen? If we're gonna bring this stuff up, folks, let's talk about it. Let's bring it up! What kinda women has Anthony Weiner been around his whole life? He has been around a bunch of these kinds of women who have been attacking testosterone, who have been attacking traditional male roles.

He's been around women to whom the idea of a real guy is some metrosexual. Is it any wonder, ladies and gentlemen? I wonder if it occurs to women like Claire Shipman or "Torie" Clarke that Weiner did what he did because he's been surrounded with women like them for his whole adult life. You know, I told you that I had this story from last week. Hollywood is working on four or five (it might even be six) sitcoms about how men have basically just been just beaten down to pantywaist, Milquetoast wimps -- and they're comedies. It's in vogue to make fun of weak, worthless, wimp sissies. That's who the men are in these upcoming shows. Now, how do these men turn out that way? Who makes them that way?

'Cause that's not their natural state. I mean, you look at Weiner. We cannot blame what happened to Weiner on testosterone. We're looking at a guy here who kiddie whipped. You want to get down to brass tacks on this? We're looking at somebody here who's been hanging around these kind of women -- and he's doing anything he can to break out. He's doing everything he can to step out and get away from their control. This, to Anthony Weiner, is being a guy. He's not allowed to be a guy hanging around a bunch of liberal women. (interruption) No, Snerdley, I'm not defending the action.

Don't put words into my mouth here. I heard about this. I got the transcript and I had to hear this for myself: The Weiner scandal, "a good moment for women." Just like everything is looked at through the prism, "Is it good for Obama or is it not good for Obama?" By the way, the media still having trouble deciding whether or not I matter. Here's a montage. Last Thursday... I don't have time to get into this. I just looked at the clock. If I start it I'll have to interrupt myself in the middle of it won't have time to finish it but I'll do this when we get back from the break. But the media can't decide whether I matter or not.

Bump in the Road

One day I'm just an entertainer; the next day, you know, I run the Republican Party. I'm the Mister Big. The next day I don't really matter. They had this discussion about Romney and his position on climate change and the way we reacted to it here on the EIB Network and so forth, basically saying his nomination was over. By the way, Romney, I have to tell you, has a killer ad that's running against Obama. In fact, that's probably what I'll share with you when we come back from the break here at the bottom of the hour 'cause it is big. Mrs. Clinton is advising Huma on what to do. Wife and child. Actually, that's not true. It's wife and "fetus." We must think of Weiner's wife and fetus right now. That will drive the left crazy if you characterize it that way 'cause, you know, there's no such thing as a fetus.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: No, I really believe, when I say that it's the women that Weiner hung around with, that he worked with, the women that influenced him growing up, that's why he's the way he is. And I think being surrounded by, raised by, in the same orb as, judged by, what have you, a bunch of feminist oriented liberal women explains why it is that politicians need to keep cutting loose. It's no different than why Obama goes and grabs fast food every time he gets away from Michelle. At home he's gotta eat bean sprouts and watercress vinaigrette salad dressing. When he gets a chance to get away from all that, what does he do? Burgers, hot dogs, double order of fries, loaded up with mayonnaise, all the rotten stuff.

Now, let's bring morality in it for a second. Liberals and others are the ones who tell us to ignore the moral issues. In fact, there are even some Republicans that say, "Hey, let's not get into the social issues. We don't want to go there. We're just made to order for hypocrisy and so forth. You know, get away from faith." And they now tell us that morality does matter and women are more moral than men! That's what Claire Shipman and the gang were saying. So they can't have it both ways as far as I'm concerned. Every other day of the week, morality, how old-fashioned is that? Don't tell me about your morality. Don't impose your morality on me. And let Weiner get into trouble because of the women he's been hanging around and all of a sudden women become more moral than men, Claire Shipman and Torie Clarke and whoever else on that panel, far more deserving of positions of power than Weiner as they are more moral.

Now, this is important. Weiner was their guy, and for a while they tried to circle the wagons around their Weiner. Just last week we had a story about all the liberal women doing everything they could to save Weiner. Remember? While at the same time on this program and in my e-mail all kinds of conservative women are dumping all over Sarah Palin. And I'm sitting here as the host trying to explain all this to people, trying to understand it myself half the time. But Weiner was their guy. He's a huge, huge, big-government liberal. He dismissed social, moral issues as web issues, and now all of a sudden Weiner is an example of all men and their immorality? That's what these babes on the Sunday ABC show meant when is this is a great moment for women in politics because Weiner is representative of all men, they're all that way, some of them just smarter than others and never get caught.

Let me give you another example here, we talk about the chickification of things. ABC recently released a photo of all of their news babes, world women tonight. Had Diane Sawyer in there, Barbara Walters in the picture, Christiane Amanpour, Katie Couric. Now, does anybody really think that Katie Couric would have been hired by ABC after this dismal failure on the CBS Nightly News if she were a man? You look at her work and her ratings on the CBS Evening News, that's hardly a track record, hardly an entree into another network job. But she got one. She goes into the CBS Evening News, she takes those numbers to the lowest they've ever been. She ends up with a talk show on ABC. A man would not benefit that way.

Now, don't get mad at me too much here, folks, but just as an example, look at poor old Dan Rather. All he did was book fake a National Guard thing on Bush, and he had to get caught at that and they tossed him out. I mean they did a little awards dinner for him but he had to go find work at HDNet with Mark Cuban after his ABC News train wreck. After Dan Rather's train wreck at ABC News, where's he? He's in oblivion. He's on HDNet doing stories on milk deliveries in Africa. Where's Katie Couric after her failure? ABC, perhaps the next Oprah; based on what? She's a woman. It is what it is. Why can't we blame liberal women for what these politicians are doing? They have feminized politics to such a degree that men can't be men anymore. They all gotta be out there trying to prove that they're Alan Alda or whoever is the definition of a real man, Michael Kinsley, I don't know.

But look at what we're told. We're told that Weiner is the man of the hour. What he is is a genuine pencil-necked geek who is sexting. He's not even got a voice on the other end of the line. My God, Hugh Hefner at least showed the real thing, put the pajamas on, had the babes over to the mansion. They said Weiner, "Now, there's Playboy, there's a guy," and that was his reputation, big-time Democrat Playboy. And Weiner was nothing but an average liberal neutered guy, afraid to tick off any liberal woman. So what's he do? Weiner texting, sexting, whatever, is no different than Obama heading out to the fast food joint when it comes to food. The difference is at home Obama has to eat whatever Michelle puts in front of him, which is rotgut, so when he leaves home, he overdoses on food that he's not allowed.

What did Weiner do? I'm not making excuses for it. Do not misunderstand me here. But these feminists, liberal women have feminized politics to such a degree that politicians, male politicians can't even be men, which may explain why politicians as a group are often caught in these sex scandals. Everybody says, 'What is it about politicians?' Anybody ever think it might be liberal women? What is it about politicians? Everybody asks that question. Anybody ever think that it might be who they're raised by, who they're hanging around with? Well, what if you had to work with Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz every day? What if you had to work with Nancy Pelosi?

When was the last time you heard -- now, I'm serious -- when's the last time you heard about a Navy SEAL or a race car driver or car mechanic getting caught in a sex scandal? They don't have anything to prove about their masculinity. But Weiner, there's no question that's what he's doing. He's proving his masculinity in the only way he knows how, taking a picture of it because his behavior is not allowed. But men who are not afraid of being who they are have no reason to prove their masculinity. But Weiner, pencil-necked geek and everything, felt the need to do so. Why? He's not allowed to be a guy. Look at the women on the ABC show. "This is a great moment for women. Men screw things up, too much testosterone, that's why we're at war, all this stupid stuff."

Women have neutered the business of politics so effectively that the men who are involved in politics constantly have to prove their masculinity to themselves and to others. As I say, in Weiner's case, extending all the way to taking a picture of his real congressional member and sending it out on Twitter. You know, the subhead in every picture is, "I really am a man. I really am a man. Look at me." Do you think it's possible -- just indulge me here for a second -- is it possible that Hillary had some role in making Bill Clinton Bill Clinton? Okay, okay. So Snerdley says absolutely no question.

How? How? If you're so willing to answer that so affirmatively right now -- you know, the same moralizing media are telling us that Weiner could and should be easily reelectable. All he's gotta do here is go get fixed. But the some people are telling us that Sarah Palin doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. The same people told us John Edwards would be great for the country, make fun of Sarah Palin. You look at who liberal women align themselves with or liberals in general, you look at who they think is smart, you look at who they applaud, you look at who they raise up, you look at who they put on pedestals and look at who they tear down, and you look at who their enemies list is.

You know, Clinton and Algore both used to be pro-life 'til they decided they wanted to go someplace in Democrat politics? It's not untrue, folks, they both used to be pro-life. There are a bunch of Democrat politicians about whom that was true. Look, even liberal men want to get the girl. There's something universal about men and women, the guy wants to get the girl. When your target is a liberal woman, look at what you have to do. I've been there, folks, I've been there. I've put this to the test. I've told you about this.

I actually gave a woman I was dating in Kansas City once a book by Susan Brownmiller who wrote at the time the definitive book on rape, and her thesis was that it's not sex, it's violence. I didn't care. That's what I had to do, you know, to get a second date with this babe. It's all it was. The guy always wants to get the girl. When you have the liberal woman that you want to get, oh, Good Lord, look what you have to do.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know all the jokes about Hillary Clinton. We ourselves here came up with the fact that Hillary probably has a "testicle lockbox." Why? Well, our belief here is that all really good humor is rooted and has an element of truth in it. "Hillary Clinton and a testicle lockbox works," meaning Hillary Clinton's the kind of woman that you really think might castrate you if you go off the reservation. But does anybody think that of Sarah Palin? I'm being serious now, within the context here of the way women are portrayed in the media. Sarah Palin is thought of as this witch. I don't need recount all the ways she's portrayed -- stupid, what have you -- but the one thing that nobody associates with Sarah Palin is this domineering, politically demanding feminist.

She's just a woman. In fact, she likes being a woman, and she likes being a pretty woman, and has a husband that loves her and people like that. Look at the chickification in our society that's taken place. Look at the time we're spending in schools now on "bullies." Now, I know I gotta tread very carefully on this because bullies are bad but they've always been. (interruption) No, Snerdley, I'm not making a case for bullying. I'm telling you that the subtle thing going on is the notion that every boy in school has the potential to be a bully. All these schools and all the curriculum is being run by liberals, men and women -- and this has gone way beyond talking about bullies, the ADD/AH, or AD/HD, whatever. It's "Gives boys pills to make 'em zombies. Give little boys pills just to shut 'em up, just to quiet 'em, just to get rid of all the kinetic energy."

Can't throw snowballs, can't play dodge ball, can't keep score, can't do all of the things that boys naturally do, "'Cause they hurt people!" Well, boys are boys, and at some point they're gonna act out. When they sense that these kinds of controls and shackles are no longer there, they're gonna act out -- or even what they think the controls and the shackles are still there, they're gonna try to get away with acting out when nobody knows it. Hello, texting, sexing, what have you. Now, this is not to take away from the fact that Weiner was wrong. I'm not trying to come up with anybody to blame but Weiner, don't misunderstand here. But I'm sitting here and I'm listening to these babes go on the ABC show and say, "Well, yeah, that's 'cause there's too much testosterone in the world!"

My point is that if you want to start blaming societal circumstances, atmosphere or environment for social outcomes, do not leave out the effect liberal feminist women have on men and little boys. That's all I'm saying. You could sit here all day long and say, "Yeah, Weiner's a clod," and he is, and then these babes go on the Amanpour show yesterday and talk about what a great opportunity this is for women -- Get all the testosterone out of the room; bring in the love and the devotion and bring in all of the sensitivity and so forth -- when anybody who's lived in the real world knows full well that female leaders when pressed to it can be just as cutthroat as men any time they have to. Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, the world is replete with 'em. There are so many false premises rooted in feminism that have been put forth here.

And, by the way, when I say "feminism," I mean liberalism. Modern era of feminism is just liberalism in disguise. The feminist movement's not about women, it's is about advancing liberalism -- as we have documented over and over and over again. You know, chickification of news? Go talk to anybody network news veteran and ask him what it was like in your average newsroom. Forget the liberal aspect of it, we all know that. Ask what it was like in a newsroom 20 years ago versus today. Ask him about story assignments. Ask him who's assigning the stories and who's making people stand in the snow in the middle of a blizzard to tell everybody there's a blizzard, and who is it that's assigning people to go out and warn people to drive safely and to take care of the children? Who is it that's basically saying, "You know, make sure you don't take your kids if you're driving in a blizzard"? Who is doing all this? It has an effect when you bottle up certain kind of natural behavior, at some point's gonna explode and it's gonna reveal itself.

Weiner notwithstanding.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So apparently what's happening out there is Weiner is waiting to hear from Huma, his wife, who's being advised by Hillary on whether he, Weiner, ought to resign. Now, for the record, the last notable advice Mrs. Clinton dispensed was to tell Mr. Obama to go to war in Libya, which seems to be on a par with her advice in general. So we'll see what Weiner does based on what Hillary tells Huma, who will then tell Weiner, which is what Weiner will then do. Case closed.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Huma, documented to be almost always right 99.6% of the time. I love hearing myself say what I say, 'cause I love being right. I wish many of you could experience it as often as I do. (interruption) What's that, Snerdley? They're angry at you out there? Oh, they're angry at me? Who's angry? Women are angry at me? Let me tell you something: Christiane Amanpour, "Torie" Clarke, and Claire Shipman started this. I am not gonna sit here and let all this pass. I'm just not gonna sit idly by and do what the modern man's supposed to do: Whatever some feminist women say, "Okay, okay, okay, okay! That's it. Whatever you say." No way. You can't sit there and tell us for all of these years to ignore the moral issues, to stay away from faith and now tell us all of a sudden that morality does matter when we got Weiner and Clinton and whatever the guys engaging in these transgressions are.

All of a sudden now morality matters when it never did to liberals before? Now it does because women are more moral than men and thus more qualified for positions of power? I mean, this is not something I just let go in one ear and out the other. Weiner was your guy. He is a huge, big-government liberal who himself laughed at and pooh-poohed all of these social and moral issues. He looked at 'em as wedge issues. We weren't supposed to bring all of that stuff up. Now all of a sudden he has become an example of all men and their immorality, and all of a sudden now Weiner's gotta go? I don't care whether he goes or not. Frankly, I want him to stay! I frankly wish my conservative brothers would stop going on television and joining this endless chorus (which is easy) for Weiner to go.

We want him to stay. We need the liberals to have a poster boy of who they are. We need a poster boy of their hypocrisy. We need an example of what happened to men when they are surrounded by liberal women all of their lives. We need a daily reminder of just who these people are. I think Weiner ought to stay. Weiner is the embodiment of the Democrat Party. Weiner, don't let 'em lick you, pal! You stick it out, there. You hang tough! You know, gut it up here! I'm sick and tired of this. Everybody has to bow down and curry and act this and that and the other thing. He doesn't want to quit; he's made it clear he doesn't want to quit. (sigh) What are they mad at, Snerdley? What in the world are they possibly have to be mad at?

They're mad at me 'cause they can't believe somebody has the audacity to say this kind of truth, right? (interruption) Mmm-hmm. Conservative guys are kitty whipped, too? Well, I think that kind of runs the ideologue gamut, being kitty whipped here, but (sigh) there's a difference of what you're kitty whipped about. You know, I am not kitty whipped about abortion. I'm not kitty whipped into changing my mind on things that really are core principle beliefs. Those guys who can't say that they get kitty whipped into standing for nothing. Remember, I was minding my own business, and "Torie" Clarke and Claire Shipman go on ABC yesterday and start talking about, "Well, what a great opportunity this is for women!" I'm just not gonna sit here and let all the contradictions go by.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Christa in Portland, Oregon, as we start on the phones today. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Hi. Thank you.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about what you were talking about earlier with Christiane Amanpour saying that it was a good day for women and politics?

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: I am a mother. My husband and I have six sons, and we try to teach 'em moral values and right from wrong and the importance of it, and yet when they go to school, they're constantly being bombarded by the opposite message. And everything is kind of set up against them. I was dropping the boys off to school last week, and I saw these teenaged girls walking into the high school with these really short, short Daisy Duke shorts with their rear ends hanging out and my son said, "Gosh, that totally is distracting," and, you know, and I thought, yeah, you know, that's really not right for them to be able to dress that way. It's hard for our boys in the school system to be able to focus on what they need to when they disregard the dress code. And I said, "Well, doesn't the dress code say that they can't wear that?" And they say, "Yeah, you know, it does, but nobody enforces it."

RUSH: Your son said it was distracting?

CALLER: Well, yeah. And then just about two weeks ago he came home with this book that he was assigned to read, and he handed it to me and said, "Mom, this book is really a bad book." And I said, "Let me take look at it." I read the second chapter, and it was all about this teenage boy's association with pornography, how much he enjoyed it and how good he was at masturbating and it really upset me. We contacted the school, my husband wrote a letter to the school board, you know, questioning, is this the best book for the English curriculum, I think there are other things out there, and we got a letter back from the principal after he talked to the English department that they thought that this was the accurate portrayal of a male teenaged boy.

RUSH: I was just gonna tell you, you know, to a lot of people you are a breeder of criminals. You've got six sons. A lot of people are looking at you that way.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: What our caller was gonna go on and say and we were cut off by the constraints of time, her point was going to be that at all of these schools, in the case she talked about the pornography book being sort of excused, women are running the schools. Women are running these places where those horribly distracting short shorts are being worn by female students, and it's female administrators who don't have a problem with it in the School. That was gonna be one of the points.

Now, also, I did not do a spoiler on Wag the Dog. I did not give away the ending of the movie. I'm getting caustic e-mails from people, "Hey, thanks, way to go, I rented it." I recommended it on Friday, Snerdley, a lot of people haven't seen the movie. I recommended they go watch it. I have not given away the ending of the movie. What I told you took place in the first 30 minutes. I haven't given away the ending of the thing. I would never do that, not on purpose, anyway.

M.J. in Louisville, great to have you on the program. Hello.

CALLER: Hey, I've been listening to you since 1990, love you, but I disagree with you today about liberal women and what they've done to women.

RUSH: Okay. I kinda expected some of this.

CALLER: Well, it's not really about the women being liberal; it's really about women in general are as greedy, they're becoming as greedy as men. Mistresses back in the day, like FDR had a mistress for 30 years, was quiet. John F. Kennedy, quiet. Ted Kennedy, did we ever hear about the Kopechne family, what they thought of the whole situation? It was very quiet, but women today and mistresses, they will burn you at both ends, they will burn men at both ends. They will have the affair, then they'll do a bribe, and then when the bribe runs out, they will write about it in a book. They will put it on Twitter. They will send you down the river. And hey, you don't even have to be that attractive. So men, if you're thinking about having an affair and being a Weiner, don't do it. It's biblical. You don't have the affair. And I don't think it's about liberal women. I think it's about women just being greedy, and that's the bottom line, and I want a leader, Rush. I want a leader like Ronald Reagan that's gonna have an affair with United States, have an affair with United States. I am so tired of Obama having an affair with himself.

RUSH: Now, that actually is a brilliant point, because you could say -- I'm gonna go back to the liberal women, I want to clarify that for you in terms of what I specifically was talking there about Weiner and so forth. But I know you're right. Ronald Reagan never had an affair. Thatcher never had an affair. It is possible to have people with great character.

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: Did you hear what Clinton said while officiating at Weiner and Huma's wedding, did you hear what he said?

CALLER: No, I didn't.

RUSH: Let me tell you what he said. He said that you take your chances. He was joking when he said it, but he still said it.

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: You take your chances when you marry a politician because it's easy to distrust them, whatever their religion. So here you have Weiner and Huma standing up there taking their vows, Clinton's officiating and he offers that to them. Now, here you got two people getting married and the guy officiating making a joke about infidelity.

CALLER: Well, I think what it gets down to is power. You have people that love power, and they're gonna use it. But the problem is these mistresses today love the power, too, and they've figured it out, and I think it's a wake-up call, you know? Don't Twitter your peter, you know, I'm sorry, you don't do it. You gotta have the wake-up call. The women will sell you out. They like the power, too. And if these liberal women think women in general don't like power, yes, they do, they're just as human as men. So get over yourself. I want a leader to have affair with the United States. I want unemployment down.

RUSH: Look, I totally agree. People like you and I are laughed at when we say we want character to matter. But you seem to be saying we need a better breed of mistresses, and I don't think that's what you mean.

CALLER: That's not what I mean, but back in the day they were quiet, but they're not doing that now, and men should wake up.

RUSH: Okay, Weiner, why did he send the pictures that he sent? That was my point. My point is -- I drew the analogy -- a lot of people are gonna think this is flawed, and I will admit it doesn't follow 100%, but if you take a look at any henpecked guy over anything, you take a look at whatever a guy's henpecked about, the first moment he has to engage in free behavior, what does he do? Well, in the case of Obama we see what he has to eat at home by what he scarfs down and how eager he is to eat away from home, so we know. Well, no, we do. But what's forcing him to eat the stuff he doesn't want to eat? Who's that? It's gotta be his wife, right?
CALLER: And I agree, I think men should confront that, and say, I don't want to do that and be men and stand up. I agree this whole country is lacking of leadership in the homes, that there --

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: -- there should be a man. I have been married for 30 years. A man should run the household. And I agree, I really agree. But I really think that men that are considering an affair gotta look at the fact that this woman might be out for power, too, and stop it. Just stop doing that and have an affair with our country.

RUSH: Well, we're getting into deep psychological stuff 'cause nobody that has an affair really doesn't expect someday to get caught. They just figure they'll be able to deal with it and those who think they won't get caught they're not dealing in... Everybody has the little voice in their head telling them they shouldn't do it, everybody does.

CALLER: Yeah, well, that's where the Bible comes in --

RUSH: What you're saying is not enough people listen to the voice.

CALLER: That's right. Turn around and run. It's biblical. Read Proverbs, read Proverbs, it's biblical, turn around and run, but he did it because he thought was doing it anonymously. He thought he could get away with it. It's a new way of doing things, Twitter, Facebook, whatever, but the problem is he got caught, and I don't think he's happy right now. I mean if he could keep doing it anonymously, he'd keep doing it. But is he acting out against his wife 'cause she's too demanding? I don't know. But I really think that men need to wake and up say, "I can't do this." Yeah, and I want a leader that's gonna be like Ronald Reagan. I want Ronald Reagan. Where is he?

RUSH: Well, I know, I know exactly what you're saying. My only point was that feminist women are different than nonfeminist women. They're different in their efforts and attempts to control, and the things over which they seek to control, things that matter. And feminism has masculinity as an enemy. Masculinity is an enemy to feminists. And they have turned being a man into being a predator. Talk to any guy who wants visitation with his kids whose ex-wife has a feminist lawyer. The idea that his daughters are in danger simply because he might be present, I mean this has been a tactic that has been tried, it's been used. TIME Magazine finally figures out men and women are different, and I know that conservative and liberal women are different from each other and the things that they seek and believe. Like you. What you just said here would never come out of the mouth of a liberal woman. Not one thing that you said in terms of a belief system or a desire, including that we have another Reagan.

Tammy, Washington, DC,. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Yeah, hi, Rush. Thanks very much. Love you to death. You're awesome.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: Your last caller I guess maybe set us up a little bit for what we're gonna talk about. I think obviously it's important integrity, men, women, you can't lump everybody together because it comes down to some have character, some don't. And some are real characters in the way that they operate. But earlier in the week, of course, it came up, you know, about how the scandal set something like that up for, you know, a person to be blackmailed and et cetera and et cetera and always has been historically. But one of the points that I don't think I've heard anywhere yet, it's not just sort of, you know, another country or another political party blackmailing a person. Very often and unfortunately it's the wife. If you don't have a wife of good standing and self-respect. And, you know, the last time where this happened of notoriety, famously we got the twofer that was promised in the campaign for Clinton, we got Mrs. Clinton as a result of her blackmailing her husband, if she didn't get what she wanted, if she didn't spill all the beans, and you know there's more of that to come that never came out, but she got way ahead and look where she's at right now.

RUSH: Well, we've documented that on this program. Mrs. Clinton had a lot coming to her because she basically gave up her whole life. She moved to Arkansas, I mean that's bad enough.

CALLER: That's right.

RUSH: And then she had follow the guy around and be subordinate while he's out there not respecting her.

CALLER: That's right. That's right.

RUSH: He's having floozies and TV infobabes and barflies.

CALLER: Yes. Yeah, absolutely. And any self-respecting woman in that instance, you know, would have gone up the next day and just said, "I'm outta here." It was hard to explain to anybody during that time why you couldn't respect someone like Hillary if you --

RUSH: Oh, wait a second. This is exactly my point. All of liberal women did respect Hillary. They also felt terribly sorry for Hillary. She was a huge object figure for sympathy. But they did respect her. They respected her for taking that route to power. Back then that's what she had to do. She had to hitch herself to a guy who was going places, and then when he got there, take over, and in the meantime, she had to put up with all of the BS that happened along the way. But she was profoundly respected. You know, feminists, militant feminists and the way they treat and look at each other, it's a giant sympathy play. They all are victims of something. They're victims of nature; they're victims of men; they're victims of circumstances in the corporate world, what have you. They have all been mistreated. They've all been given the shaft.

Something's happened and they think it's rooted in socioeconomics or ideology or some such thing, that a political movement needs to address and correct and repair and start righting all these systemic wrongs that end up imprisoning all these brilliant women into positions of servitude and inferiority and what have you. No, they were filled with rage and anger. Remember we had numbers of people call this program during the confirmation process of Sotomayor. Well, she was at Princeton, Sonia Sotomayor, and a number of women called here who had gone to school with her and were familiar with her postgraduate work, and she and other women like her parleyed outrage and anger to get where they wanted. The anger that they used and the threat that was incumbent to that anger, the action they might take either in the form of lawsuits which would cost people a lot of money or what have you, that they parleyed it all.

But the bottom line was they were angry, they were enraged, they were not happy. In fact the feminists would gather on the streets of the Capitol, "We're feminists and we're fierce and we're in your face!" They were filled with outrage, whether mock or real. It is how they got places. But they had to become aggrieved and make themselves victims. And in turn, turn every one of their charges into victims. Everybody had to be unhappy. The reason for feminism was female unhappiness based on discrimination here, discrimination there, wherever. And it ended up having an impact on everybody because it changed what are already the natural roles men and women have and play with one another.

Everybody said, "Okay, I guess what we are is bad, and we're supposed to change and supposed to become something else based on what these feminists are telling us." But nobody knew who they were supposed to be. All they were told was that who they really were was not good. They were racists, sexists, bigots, they were predators, rapists, what have you. And so the cowed among the men started on a path to try to prove that all these premises were incorrect, and they ended up emasculating themselves. It's been a giant mess. I'll tell you, this militant feminism has been a huge, huge mess. It's caused I can't tell you how many problems in our culture and in our society, not the least of which is Roe v. Wade.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: No, no, no. Snerdley, it's very simple. What I'm saying here is that "Weinerism" is an unintended consequence of feminism, and it may even be worse. It may be that Weinerism is an intended consequence of feminism.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is Mary in Louisville. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: (multiple) Rush! Hudson! Limbaugh! Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!

RUSH: (chuckles) Thank you very much. Thank you.

CALLER: Oh, well, we're huge fans. We have lots of little Rush boys for you. We have five sons; we're huge fans. We miss the days when we had Rush time and your show on at night. I guess that was about 20 years ago, 19 years ago.

RUSH: Yeah, the television show. That was 15 years ago, yeah.

CALLER: Was it 15? Well, it's been a long time, and it was our favorite thing to watch at night, and we'd have two out of the nest now who are Rush Babies and voting conservative, but I wanted to comment on this "real man" thing and I'm frustrated because I have five boys, and if our culture saw a boy as "knightly," as they see a girl as a "princess," imagine how we would have real men leaders who have nobleness, who have courage to do the right thing and are willing to fight like Sarah Palin is willing to fight. Our schools don't allow our boys to read knightly literature, to read historical literature that can encourage them. Instead, they have to read things like The Secret Life of Bees. So they're not being taught at their elementary and high school levels literature that enforces noble, knightly behavior.

RUSH: So you think it is productive for men to be taught to treat women as princesses?

CALLER: No. I'm saying our culture treats all little girls like they're a princess, and therefore they are noble and good from the get-go.

RUSH: Oh, oh, oh!

CALLER: But our culture treats our boys as criminals from the get-go --

RUSH: Oh, oh, oh, oh. I see.

CALLER: -- instead of treating them as knights in training who are gonna fight the hard battles and make the good choices.

RUSH: I see. I see. Well, there's clearly some evidence for what you say. I don't know that it's universal, but, yeah. Little girls are angels and harmless and so forth; little boys are the devils. Yeah.

CALLER: That's the literature.

RUSH: See, that's a construct of liberalism. That's a construct of feminism particularly.

CALLER: Well, feminism is really disappointing.

RUSH: Well, yeah! It's wreaked havoc on any number of things. Exactly. Mary, I appreciate the call. Clarkston, Michigan, next. Julie, welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Rush. Speak loud 'cause I'm losing my hearing. What I called about was your... When you get on the subject of feminism and chickification, I just think today you went way overboard. I want to say you are my mentor and my professor, but let me ask you one question.

RUSH: OKAY!

CALLER: 'Cause you go off on, "Are women more moral?" Well, percentages, if, for example, in prison, how many women are there compared to men? And my second question is, in divorces: How many are caused by men's infidelity as opposed to women. But we're not gonna have any statistics on that because most divorces say they just can't get along or, you know...

RUSH: Right!

CALLER: So even in your own personal life you look around, do you see more divorces caused by women or men?

RUSH: Well, I have really never tabulated it, but what is it about that what I said today that you think went over the top that's led you to ask me about divorces? Because we weren't talking about divorces.

CALLER: They're saying are women more moral than men blah, blah, blah.

RUSH: No, this is what the women on the ABC show were intimating, that they are more moral and that they are more peaceful and understanding and this kinds of thing. I was bouncing off what some guests on a Sunday show said.

CALLER: (groans) I don't know. I love you, Rush, but when you're talking about those things I feel like you're talking about all women, and there's no "always" and there's no "never."

RUSH: All feminists. I was talking about all feminists.

CALLER: Okay, I'll --

RUSH: Feminism is liberalism. It's an ideology, and it's all encompassing.

CALLER: All right. Liberalism is not something I can win with, but I just want to say one more thing.

RUSH: Yes?

CALLER: Anthony Weiner is not what he is because of feminism or any of that. Anthony Weezer -- Weiner -- is just a-screwed up creep. You cannot judge all men by him.

RUSH: Okay. Okay, now we get to the nub of it. Now we find out what upset you. Good. Here's the point. We are always told -- throughout my life -- we've always had to find the socioeconomic reason to explain why the bad guy did it, and it was never the bad guy's responsibility. We always had to find some existential thing to blame. It was economics or it was Reagan. You know, Reagan was responsible for homelessness in a lot of people's minds because he "didn't care". So I'm simply throwing it back at 'em: Did you ever think that Weiner mighta turned out the way he did because of who raised him; because of who he was hanging around, who influenced him and who he was trying to escape?

CALLER: Gotcha. I understand a little better.

RUSH: Okay, Weiner is a creep. There's no question. This is, as I said, not defending what he did, but, look: All the while they're telling us morality doesn't matter, Julie. Follow me on this. Throughout my 22 or 23 years behind the microphone, the left has told us, "Social issues? Get rid of 'em! Morality is none of anybody's business! Don't be judgmental. It's not your job. You have no right to tell anybody what's right or wrong. Who are you to say something is moral or immoral?" Not to me, but just to conservatives in general and society at large. As such the family values crowd and the moral majority and people who have sought to live in moral ways are often called hypocrites when they fall, when they slip.

The Democrats say, "We don't have to be moral because we've never said to anybody that we are. We don't believe in morality. We don't believe in the social issues. We've never trumpeted them or any of that," but look what happens. Weiner comes along and all of a sudden guess who cares about morality? They do! Guess who it is pushing for Weiner to quit? They are, because Weiner is not right. Weiner is immoral. The very people who spent all of my life telling me that that doesn't matter, that it's nobody's business, are now the ones doing the 180 and suggesting Weiner has to go because of moral failings. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy.

They tell us to ignore moral issues, to get away from God, to get away from faith, and now they tell us that morality does matter -- and on a Sunday show yesterday they told us that women are more moral than men! Ergo, my response. Weiner was their guy. He's a huge, big government lib. They loved Weiner. They dismissed the social and moral issues. They didn't like it. And now Weiner gets ensnared by 'em, and they tried to save him for a while. But now even they admit that he's gotta go. And on the Sunday show it's Weiner that became the example of all men and their immorality as articulated by the guests on the show, not mine. I'm repeating what they said and reacting to it, and what I'm saying to Weiner is: Don't let 'em lick you! You hang in there and don't quit.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Hope in San Antonio, welcome to the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Hi. Thanks so much for taking my call, Rush.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: I'm calling about the conversation regarding men being kitty whipped and having been born in New York and then living in Boston for 15 years, I've lived in the northeast my entire life until four years ago, managed to escape to Texas, and I can attest to the fact that especially in the northeast where feminism is the buzzword, men aren't men anymore, and I don't know what the women are. You know, when so-called feminists think the world of someone like Hillary Clinton who would stay with a man who cheated on her just so she could get power and provide such a bad --

RUSH: It's Washington, too.

CALLER: -- example for her daughter, oh, it's horrible. But also, you know, coming down here, men open the door for you. They're afraid to do that in the northeast. They're afraid they'll get yelled at or they'll get a look. And the women down here are not barefoot and pregnant, I'll tell you, not unless they want to be. They are strong. They can shoot the flies off a wing, and they are smart, and it's nice being around men who are men. I mean I tweeted the leaders of the GOP after the budget fiasco in the lame duck session and said, you know, there seems to be a dearth of testosterone in DC right now. Maybe you'll want to call Sarah Palin and see if you can borrow --

RUSH: You know, without generalizing I have made the point that real men in Washington are not the real men of the Marlboro days. They're just not. And feminism does have consequences, and it has had.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald