Author Topic: Stand Firm, Weiner! Don't Resign  (Read 1058 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Stand Firm, Weiner! Don't Resign
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:49:59 am »
Stand Firm, Weiner! Don't Resign
June 7, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, on a related item, I hope Anthony Weiner never resigns.  I hope Weiner is never forced to resign.  I hope Pelosi does not make a full pitched effort here at the Ethics Committee.  I'm hoping that that's just for public consumption.  I don't want this guy to go away.  This guy, Anthony Weiner, Tony Weiner -- look at what they're asking us to believe.  Here you have the classic dictionary definition of a nerd, the classic dictionary definition of a pencil-necked geek, and they are telling us that this guy would walk into a bar and women would fall all over themselves to be near the guy.  This guy was Playboy numero uno.  He was a womanizer par excellence.  This guy, he's such a ladies man that he had to do all of this womanizing anonymously, sexting. You know, with phone sex at least there's a voice on the other end.  Texting is just absurd.  You'd never catch Hugh Hefner doing this.  Hugh Hefner put his pajamas on, had 'em over to the mansion to go at it for real.  Hugh Hefner wouldn't show 'em a picture; he'd show 'em the real thing.  They're trying to tell us that Weiner's some kind of Playboy, some kind of God's gift to women.  Sorry, I'm not buying it at all. 

I think it was the Republican convention in Houston in '92 when Woody Allen ditched Mia and went with the adopted daughter, and we were all saying, "That's the guy, that's the face of Democrat family values, Woody Allen." Well, now, it's Weiner.  Weiner is the face of Democrat family values.  He is the epitome of the Democrat culture of corruption, the Democrat culture of erection.  He is wrong on policy.  He is an admitted liar.  He used his office in Congress to conduct his lurid e-perversions.  The guy's got it all, and I wholeheartedly endorse the fact that's not going to resign.  He and his wife have been married less than a year, he said they've been through a lot together, in less than a year.  Tony Weiner is the Democrat Party writ small.  We want Weiner to stand firm here and not quit.  I'm just speaking for myself.  I do. I want him to hang in there and be tough 'cause he's a perfect, perfect poster boy.  I mean look at the guy who married 'em, Bill Clinton, (imitating Clinton) "Hey, I never had sex with that woman, not a single time, and I never asked anybody to lie, ever."  Weiner hasn't learned a whole lot.  Well, I don't know how hard it is for Weiner to stand up to all this or not.  I don't know. 

I'm surprised this is still on his website.  I kid you not.  It has not been scrubbed. "Protecting Children On the Internet -- In early 2007 my office did a study that found that over 85% of registered sex offenders in New York City live less than five blocks from schools, and 670 sex offenders live within just two blocks. Some offenders are even closer, permanently residing less than 500 feet away from unwitting parents, educators and children.  Along with several colleagues in Congress, we introduced & passed the KIDS (Keeping the Internet Devoid of Sexual Predators) Act of 2007."  I kid you not, Weiner was a cosponsor.  And it's still on his website.  Keeping the Internet Devoid of Sexual Predators Act of 2007.  He's a sponsor, is a coauthor.  The Keeping the Internet Devoid of Sexual Predators Act of 2007 "requires sex offenders to register their e-mail and instant message addresses with the National Sex Offender Registry."

This is Weiner on his website:  "The 'Kids Act' implemented one of my six recommendations to keep a closer eye on sex offenders both near school grounds and online. I also proposed stricter GPS tracking of sex offenders, tougher enforcement of registration laws and more public disclosure of sex offender data. Sadly, the Internet is the predator's venue of choice today." They haven't scrubbed it!  I checked just this morning before the program started.  It was still up there.  Anthony Weiner, protector of the Internet.  I also did this.  While everybody's focused on the culture of erection here, you ever looked at this guy's voting record?  Folks, I mean there isn't enough time to go through all of them.  But anybody who cares about this country would have to think that Weiner policy-wise is despicable.
You look through this voting record here, the reason this country's on the ropes is due to the way Anthony Weiner and his fellow liberals vote, not how he texts.  He voted "no" on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions April 2005.  He voted "no" on banning partial-birth abortion except to save the mother's life, October 2003.  He voted "yes" on $192 billion additional stimulus spending.  Voted "yes" on an additional $825 billion economic recovery package, January 2009.  Voted "yes" on a $15 billion bailout, General Motors and Chrysler.  Voted "no" on constitutionally defining marriage as one man, one woman.  Voted "no" on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance.  Rated 30% by the US Chamber of Commerce, indicating an anti-business voting record.  Voted "no" on military border patrols to battle drugs and terrorism.  Voted "yes" on allowing the courts to decide on God in Pledge of Allegiance.  Voted "no" on allowing school prayer during the war on terror.  Voted "yes" on enforcing limits of carbon dioxide global warming pollution.  I mean it's a 110% perfect liberal voting record. 

This guy is the epitome of why this country's economy is in the trouble it's in, why the country is in the trouble it's in.  Tony Weiner voted "yes" on $2 billion more for the Cash for Clunkers program.  Voted "yes" on starting implementation of Kyoto protocol establishing greenhouse gas tradable allowances, cap and trade, all that.  That's just the first half of one page.  It goes on and on and on.  And to show you how pathetic this all is, Wall Street Journal Speakeasy blog, Alexandra Cheney, nothing against her, but to show you where our culture is: seven ways to avoid being a Weiner on the Web.  How stupid must we be if they've gotta publish seven things for us to remember so that we don't end up being a Weiner.  You want to hear what some of them are? 

"Don't Post Private Material."  Really?  We need somebody in a newspaper blog to tell us this.
"Don’t Change Your Personality Online: Although it’s a different vehicle of communication it should not be a different personality.  Don’t Say Things Online You Wouldn’t Say in Person. Maintain Your Standards on the Web. Don’t Email Things You Wouldn’t Hand Deliver. Be Ready for Online Attacks. Avoid Mixing Alcohol and Social Media."

Don't drink and tweet, in other words.  I kid you not.  These are so obvious.  (interruption) What do you mean the first one is not obvious?  Don't post private material?  Look, I know we have people who want to vomit everything about themselves 'cause they want fame and this kind of thing, but this is one of these common sense things.  These seven items are no different than having a news reporter from a local TV station standing out in a blizzard saying, "Stay inside." (interruption) This is not common sense anymore?  Oh, we're in trouble.  That's why I don't want Weiner to quit. 
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Kevin in Scottsdale, Arizona, great to have you on the program, sir, hello.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.

RUSH:  Hi.

CALLER:  Hey, I have a different perspective on the Weinergate and I want to run it past you.

RUSH:  Right.

CALLER:  I don't think his real crime was the lying or even the infidelity.  I think the real crime is that you have a public official with political power trying to sacrifice a private citizen and destroy his career, i.e, Andrew Breitbart.

RUSH:  You know, that is an excellent point.  Weiner did try to blame a hacker, private citizen, and you got to admire Breitbart.  Breitbart shows up at Weiner's press conference. Breitbart shows up, hijacks Weiner's press conference before Weiner even shows up and demands an apology or at least tells people what he's expecting, and Breitbart says, (paraphrasing) "I'm a little tired of you people thinking I'm wrong where everything I do I can back up.  My middle name is facts.  And you're sitting here and you're believing all this garbage," and eventually, after five or six requests to do so, Weiner did finally apologize to Breitbart.  But you're absolutely right.  Weiner did his best to lay this off on a blogger in one sense, Andrew Breitbart.  He's got Big Government and Big Journalism websites and is clearly rattling the left.  Breitbart just hijacked Weiner's press conference.  You gotta love that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Oh, no, Fox is running a little story here, more and more people are calling for Weiner to quit.  No!  No, no, no, no.  We want Weiner there.  We want this guy as the poster boy of the Democrat culture of erection and corruption.  (interruption) What do you mean it's gonna happen?  Gonna force him out?  You know, look at Andrew Cuomo, got a call from The Don.  Look at Bob Torricelli, got a call from Bill Clinton, both those guys shelved it for a while, Torricelli forever.  Andrew Cuomo, for a while.  You know, Bill Clinton calls him up and reads him the riot act.  And it was Clinton that married Weiner and Huma.  Yeah.

Anyway, great to have you back here, folks, El Rushbo, the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies.

Right, we want Weiner front and center.  Damn straight.
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald