Author Topic: Palin Won't Follow a Losing Script  (Read 4096 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Palin Won't Follow a Losing Script
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »
Palin Won't Follow a Losing Script
June 3, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Yeah. You know, this is probably a good way to put this. The media, for two years has been trying to Palinize Palin -- they've been trying to destroy her -- and what's happening here is she's turning the tables on them and she's Palinizing them, and the Republican Ruling Class is furious. The Republican Ruling Class is furious that Palin, going to all these states on her bus tour, is not coordinating with local Republican organizations, and there's saying, "This ain't cool! This is not cool, because if she turns out to be running she doesn't need to be making enemies out of all these people." But there's another way to look at that, and that is: She's not following a losing script.

It's fascinating to watch this Palin stuff. They hate her, they despise her, they are frustrated that they haven't destroyed her. They can't believe she's still smiling. They can't believe she's still drawing crowds. They can't believe that she's enjoying life. They can't believe her family is still together. They can't believe her husband hasn't walked out on her. They can't believe any of this. Folks, you know this as well as I do: When they set out to destroy you, they mean just that -- and Palin's not playing along with the script. She's not acting destroyed. She's not asking for forgiveness. She's not begging them to leave her alone. She's not changing in order to make them lighten up or anything. She's just looking at 'em and smiling.

"Oh, you want some more of it? Here it is," and they're beside themselves. They are literally beside themselves. Now, there are two kinds of people in the world: Those who understand Sarah Palin and those who pretend they don't. Ah, yes! (interruption) Yes, Snerdley. I say what I mean; I mean what I say; I love hearing myself say it. I'll be happy to explain this. I'll be ecstatically happy to explain this. There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who understand Palin and those who pretend that they don't -- and by the way, they pretend that they don't understand her for all kinds of reasons (none of them good). I'll explain here in just a second. One of the reasons...

They're complaining, they're whining, they're moaning, "She's so unprofessional! She's not telling us where she's going. We're having to get involved in road races following her bus! Everybody's endangered on the highway." Oh, so you're finally having to do a little work? Somebody's not doing your job for you? Somebody's not telling you where they're gonna be, huh? You sit around, you expect everybody to tell you where they're gonna be so you can show up on your good time." Whatever happened to pounding the beat? Whatever happened to the whole concept of shoe leather, being a journalist, tracking down the story?

Is that what journalism's become now: Fax machines? Press secretaries calling up a reporter and saying, "We're gonna be here or there," and the reporter says, "Eh, I don't care to go there," or "We'll go there," or what have you? And what is this about endangering people on the highways? She's not endangering anybody, but you people getting in the caravan trying to keep up -- and how pathetic are you if you lose a bus on an interstate? How hard is that? I mean you don't need to hire the bulldog guy out in Hawaii. What's his name? The bounty hunter. You don't need to hire this guy to follow a bus, for crying out loud. But if you don't tell... I was pointing this out to Dawn yesterday. Dawn thought this was really brilliant yesterday.

If you don't tell people where you're going, then the protests have no way of organizing and waiting for your arrival. That's pretty smart. What I mean by "those who understand Palin and those who pretend they don't," is people who are critical of Palin for whatever reasons -- she's not schooled, she's rough around the edges, she has a squeaky voice, whatever -- whatever it is, claim not to understand her popularity or whatever, they know exactly what it is that attracts people to her, and that's what bothers them. It bothers them she's drawing these crowds, and that's what they pretend not to understand. They want us to believe, "My God, what kinda idiot people are there that would follow this woman around? What kind of stupid people?"
They know. The people I'm talking about know that as elites they are in a genuine minority, and there is disdain for flyover country, great Midwest, heartland, middle class, whatever. There's a disdain for it -- both social class-wise, education-wise. There's all kinds of reasons. She owns that demographic. She owns it, and there's deep resentment for it. So they pretend that she's so odd and so off the wall, so weird that, "I don't know what this crazy woman's up to," but they know exactly what she's up to! Now, they don't know whether she's running for office or not, and that kills them, too. They can't figure that out! That bugs 'em.

(interruption) What? "Rush Limbaugh attacks Obama after poor economic reports"? Well, that's not fair! That's not fair. Poor Boortz. They got what's her name, Alisyn Camerota, on Fox right now has got Neal Boortz on and they're asking Boortz to comment on what I said. That's not fair to Boortz. Boortz is a good guy. You know, why don't they ask Boortz to comment on what he says? "Rush Limbaugh attacking Obama!" That's news? (interruption) Oh, that's what they're saying. Oh, they're quoting my saying that his destruction of the economy is purposeful. (interruption) Ohhhh, okay. Okay. Now that makes sense because they've been ignoring that. The regime has never responded even to that. You remember I did Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace some time ago.

We taped it over there at the Breakers, and in the opening segment of the interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, I said, "Chris, what worries me is I think this is being done on purpose." He looked at me and said, "Come on, Rush. You really think that?" I said, "No, I do. I really do." (laughing) See, that's another example. They know what I mean by that. They knew what I meant when I said, "I hope he fails." They act like some great sacrilege has been committed here, but they knew exactly what I meant when I said, "I hope he fails," but poor Boortz. It's his turn to be on Fox and they gotta ask him to respond to what I said? "Limbaugh scholar Neal Boortz," yeah right! (laughing) Where was I? What was I? (interruption) Well, yeah, Palin. But that was a jumping off point.

Palin, Palin, yeah, Palin, Palin. You were talking to me. (interruption) Ah, already explained the "pretend not to." Yeah, but I think I was gonna transition into John Edwards. I've got a question. How does Edwards get indicted and Clinton doesn't? (interruption) Well, but no. But, but... (interruption) No, no, no, no. Obama wasn't a factor in whether or not Clinton got indicted. Clinton committed perjury, obstruction of justice, the Lewinsky thing. Obama was still a state senator voting "present." He wasn't a factor then. (interruption) What do you mean "Clinton didn't shuffle any money"? Ever hearda Johnny Chung? The... (interruption) The... (interruption) Oh, no money for Lewinsky? We still don't know about that.

What Edwards did was he took the money from Bunny Mellon and from somebody else and used it on the sweetie and the kid and so forth and commingling funds as well as commingling other things. (Anthony Weiner knows what I mean by that.) So Edwards gets indicted and Clinton doesn't -- and Clinton's big star, Clinton big hero. Clinton's flaws... It's what we were talking about: Clinton's flaws have elevated into even a larger mythological figure. Edwards remains the Breck Girl heading in to prison if he's convicted. I'm telling you, folks, I don't even care if it's not a maximum security federal prison, if it's one of these country club jobs. You still don't want to go to one of these places with everybody knowing your nickname is the Breck Girl with a reputation for spending a half hour every morning on your hair. Yeah. (interruption) Don't even put these ideas in my mind. This is another thing, the staff just uttered something purely vulgar in my IFB that I were to pass it on I would be the one in deep trouble. (interruption) Yes, we've got soap on a rope in the Gitmo collection, but we don't sell it in the context... (sigh) Jeez. Anyway. Anyway.

James Arness has died. Matt Dillon, Marshal Dillon, Gunsmoke. I loved that show. You know, James Arness was a mystery figure 'cause he never did interviews. He never, never did interviews. Now, his brother, Peter Graves of Mission Impossible, did all kinds of interviews. James Arness never did. He did maybe one a year, if that. He remained this mysterious figure out there. (interruption) You didn't know they were brothers? Yeah, correct spelling is A-u-r-n-e-s-s. James Arness. They dropped the U, James Arness did, in his stage name, but his brother took a totally different stage name, Peter Graves, just to have some distinction. James Arness, he was The Thing in one of those original Ice Station Zebra (it wasn't Ice Station Zebra) movies. He was The Thing in some horror movie that tgook place at the North Pole. So anyway, he's passed on. One of the charges in the indictment of the Breck Girl is he's lying to the FEC. Which is my point. The if he can't is one thing, but Clinton lied under oath to a grand jury. I'm sure the Breck Girl sitting there saying, "There's no justice," and he will probably will call the Reverend Sharpton, who has trademarked the phrase.

Okay, when we come back, I'll give you a little heads-up on this Politico story. "Palin's Tour a Rolling Menace," is the headline.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Politico.  And, by the way, I think the author of the story is a woman, Kasie Hunt, probably how a woman would spell it.  I don't know anymore, frankly.  These days of NOCIRC, who can tell.

"Sarah Palin's bus is plastered with a mock-up of the U.S. Constitution. But her entourage -- both the three-vehicle motorcade that includes the bus and the smaller, two-SUV version she uses for smaller events -- hasn’t been very respectful of traffic laws.  They speed. They run red lights and stop signs. They make last-second lane changes to get off the highway, sometimes without signaling."  I am not making up a word of this.  This is The Politico.  "So do the reporters following them.  Journalists in the caravan trailing her 'One Nation' tour bus describe the experience as harrowing, a rolling menace careening up the East Coast in hot pursuit of the former Alaska governor who declined to provide any advance itinerary of her tour over six days on the road.

"As they left the clambake she attended Thursday in New Hampshire, Palin’s two-SUV caravan traveled at 52 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone as it peeled away from the hosts’ neighborhood. Both cars blew through a stop sign about a mile later. They did 70 mph in a 55 mph zone on I-95 -- and then, after they got off, without signaling, flew right past a flashing sign informing them they were going 45 mph in a 35 mph zone.  And that was after they had already stormed the major cities -- and just missed driving through a tornado on the road into Boston."

Chickification of the news, anybody?  Here is the closing paragraph: "The reporters who are speeding, tailgating, cutting off other cars, blasting through roundabouts and passing on the right in an effort to keep up, say they have no other choice since they never know what Palin’s up to or where she’s headed -- and aides typically won’t tell them anything. Once they’re on the road, they’re filing urgent updates by phone and figuring out unorthodox bathroom breaks, like the reporter who pulled over to relieve himself on the side of the highway going from Gettysburg, Pa., to Philadelphia -- drawing notice from both Palin aides and the rest of the trailing press."

This is hilarious what she's done to 'em.  This is the vaunted Politico.  Some editor read this and said, "Yep, go ahead, post it."  You have Obama subverting the War Powers Act, and we get a treatise, a term paper on Palin flouting the traffic laws: "Palin's Tour a Rolling Menace." They can't stand it.  You know what really bugs 'em?  The same thing that bugs them about me.  They didn't make her; they can't destroy her.  The press did not make me.  I'm not the result of media buzz.  I'm not the result of the media telling everybody I was hot stuff, and she isn't, either.  She is where she is despite the media trying to destroy her.  They can't because they didn't make her.  This is what they don't understand.  And the fact that they can't is going to drive them to keep trying, and in the process they are going to make even bigger fools of themselves.

So Cookie sends me a sound bite here from Boortz just now on Fox.  I was maybe premature in feeling sorry for Boortz, 'cause Boortz is accusing me of stealing his stuff here.  Yeah. (laughing) It was Alisyn Camerota talking to Boortz: "Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh blasted the president on his show today saying, 'The president is winning his war against the private sector, he's destroying it, that's his mission.'  Neal Boortz, a syndicated radio talk show host joins me now.  Hi, Neil."

BOORTZ:  I'm glad the godfather's been reading my program notes.  That's great.  I've been saying that for quite a while.  It is Barack Obama's intention.  He said he was gonna fundamentally transform this country, to transform it from a private sector economy to a government economy, and that's exactly the case.

CAMEROTA:  But Neil, let me just interrupt because that's exactly the opposite of the message that the president wanted to send today.  He was in Toledo, Ohio, at this Chrysler plant where he said, good news, you've done better than we ever expected, and what was supposed to take six years only took two years, you've repaid your government bailout loan.  I didn't want to get into the business, he said, of the auto industry, but I had to to stave off a million jobs lost, so we gave you some money, you paid it back, yippee.

RUSH:  They haven't paid it back.  We're still owed big bucks.  But Neil is claiming authorship.  Maybe Neil first said "I hope he fails," too.
END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Palin Won't Follow a Losing Script
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »
I believe Rush has a 'crush' on her.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:15:25 am »
If you don't tell people where you're going, then the protests have no way of organizing and waiting for your arrival. That's pretty smart.

I had not considered that POV, makes sense.

She was interviewed in a long interview with Hannity earlier -- good interview.  Said she is going to trot out the bus again over the summer to see other historical areas in the country because it is high time someone points out what we have right here in the USA and how much there is to appreciate. I agree with her...... also......... I really don't think she is going to run.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 02:19:17 am »
If you don't tell people where you're going, then the protests have no way of organizing and waiting for your arrival. That's pretty smart.

I had not considered that POV, makes sense.

She was interviewed in a long interview with Hannity earlier -- good interview.  Said she is going to trot out the bus again over the summer to see other historical areas in the country because it is high time someone points out what we have right here in the USA and how much there is to appreciate. I agree with her...... also......... I really don't think she is going to run.

I don't think she will, either; but that's probably for the best now because she is an absolute jewel doing what she's doing right now, keeping the libs and dems at full irrational seething lunacy, making fools of themselves and giving the MSM all the rope it needs to hang its collective reputation.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:26:58 am »
I don't think she will, either; but that's probably for the best now because she is an absolute jewel doing what she's doing right now, keeping the libs and dems at full irrational seething lunacy, making fools of themselves and giving the MSM all the rope it needs to hang its collective reputation.

I think that is why her interview was so interesting with Hannity tonight,  you could tell she is very amused by all the hoopla.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 02:43:42 am »
I wonder whether she gas a camera crew with her, maybe putting together a reality TV thing or something that can be used for campaign promotion.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 03:33:33 am »
I wonder whether she gas a camera crew with her, maybe putting together a reality TV thing or something that can be used for campaign promotion.

I thought she said this was a simple vacation with her family.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 11:49:32 am »

Doesn't everyone vacation with a camera crew these days?  But then I didn't notice any dogs strapped to the roof of her bus, so if it was a family vacation the Palins make different arrangements for the family pet than the Romneys do.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:34 pm »
The Romneys strap their dogs to the roof of their bus?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »
The Romneys strap their dogs to the roof of their bus?

Just one dog.  To the roof of the car.  For a 12 hour trip.  Romney said the dog loved it.  Lots of pet lovers disagree.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:29 pm »
Just one dog.  To the roof of the car.  For a 12 hour trip.  Romney said the dog loved it.  Lots of pet lovers disagree.

I'm sure their pets disagree, too.

Wow.  This guy is just a loser on all fronts.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »

I thought you said it was stupid for her not to announce her stops.

For the record, Palin publicized this as a vacation, and a way to heighten awareness of America's values, history, and landmarks.  She said all that last weekend--around the same time YOU said she was running. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 09:27:42 pm »
I'm sure their pets disagree, too.

Wow.  This guy is just a loser on all fronts.

Yeah, the dog loved it so much he developed major diarrhea and crapped all over the roof of the car, it ran down the winshield and Romney stopped at a service station along their route to hose the car and dog down before continuing on down the road....... does this sound like someone with the brains to run this country?  Doesn't to me.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, Romney thought the story was really funny when he repeated it multiple times.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:29:30 pm by Rapunzel »

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 11:48:59 pm »
Yeah, the dog loved it so much he developed major diarrhea and crapped all over the roof of the car, it ran down the winshield and Romney stopped at a service station along their route to hose the car and dog down before continuing on down the road....... does this sound like someone with the brains to run this country?  Doesn't to me.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, Romney thought the story was really funny when he repeated it multiple times.

It's just more confirmatory evidence that Romney's a twit who's too dangerous to be allowed anywhere near the reins of federal power.

I'm surprised there's even a single dog-owner left who'd vote for the idjit.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 11:58:02 pm »
It's just more confirmatory evidence that Romney's a twit who's too dangerous to be allowed anywhere near the reins of federal power.

I'm surprised there's even a single dog-owner left who'd vote for the idjit.

IIRC it was an Irish Setter and his excuse was the dog was too big to fit in the station wagon with the large Romney family so rather than leave him home he strapped him to the roof of the car.  Everytime I picture this poor dog I think of the first Family Vacation movie with Chevy Chase where they drug the dog behind the car until the ticked off cop pulled them over and showed them the dogs corpse.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:50 am »
I thought you said it was stupid for her not to announce her stops.

For the record, Palin publicized this as a vacation, and a way to heighten awareness of America's values, history, and landmarks.  She said all that last weekend--around the same time YOU said she was running. 

Never said any such thing. 

It's not "just a vacation," and she and you and everybody else know it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 12:01:56 am »

Uhmm.  Duh.  The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West, too.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:02:58 am »
Never said any such thing. 

Whatever it is sure pisses you off.  whistle whistle whistle

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 11:42:08 am »

Why is everybody upset with Sarah?
She's like Saint Anthony....why it seems that ALL animals LOVE Sarah.

I like to see Sinkspur try to get an adolescent moose relax its head in HIS lap  [/s]

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »
Saint Anthony or Saint Francis of Assisi?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:29 pm »
Saint Anthony or Saint Francis of Assisi?

Ah!  Got me!   :beer:

I used to have a holy card with the friar having birds perched on his hand and fawns prancing behind him.