Author Topic: If Tomorrow Never Comes  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If Tomorrow Never Comes
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »
A friend's husband died just days ago, and on that clear, first cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, she was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore".

No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye...say "I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.

And old cars.

And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents.

We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special, and so, we keep them close.

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

The important thing is to let every one of your friends know you love them, even if you think they don't love you back.

And just in case I'm gone tomorrow, please remember to vote against that bleep Obama.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Millee

Re: If Tomorrow Never Comes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:59:54 pm »

And just in case I'm gone tomorrow, please remember to vote against that bleep Obama.

:amen:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »

I am coming up on three years since my husband died so very, very suddenly taking half of my soul with him.  Not having been blessed with children and having almost no family on either side we were everything to each other.  He took care of me and I took care of him, we shared the same interests and I can count on one hand the times we ever raised our voices with each other.

Not a day goes by I don't yearn to have him here with me to remind him that I love him as he used to remind me on a daily basis.  If only people could realize how quickly the person they love can be ripped from them I think they would learn to put their daily lives into a different perspective of what is or is not important... this goes for husband and wives, but friends as well... my husband was one of those unusual people who had friends of both sexes who absolutely adored him (as a brother) and because he was an artist there is so much of his work around town that to this day when I walk into anything from the dentist office to the store I buy my dog food people will tell me how much they miss him as he used to light up the place when he came in and with his work... he had friends that stayed close friends for over 40 years and could not even bear to come out here from California to visit for the first year because they could not believe he was not here, there is still some friends who have a hard time coming to visit me at my home because they are still so saddened that he is no longer here to greet them...

The lesson here is hold your loved ones - be it spouse or friend - close, because you do not know if they will be here tomorrow and the real joy in life is not how much money you are able to make, it is what you leave behind when you exit this life... and that is not going to be "gee I wished I had worked longer hours".....   unfortunately I think most of us have to experience this to understand it.... 

Oh, and my husband - like me - was a committed conservative and if Obama came on the TV in the kitchen when he was walking through the room he changed the channel.... he hated Obama with a passion, so imagine when a couple of months after he passed away I received a call from the mortuary that they had something for me.. I went down with a couple who had been one of our closest friends and this man very seriously presents me with a signed paper commemorating my husbands military service......  my friend looks down and sees it is signed by Obama and then I spot it and all three of us start to roar with laughter... the poor mortuary guy looked totally confused and we finally explained to him that my husband hated Obama with a passion -- the friend then adds: If George knew he was going to have this signed by Obama he would have made sure he lived another four years!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »
I am coming up on three years since my husband died so very, very suddenly taking half of my soul with him.  Not having been blessed with children and having almost no family on either side we were everything to each other.  He took care of me and I took care of him, we shared the same interests and I can count on one hand the times we ever raised our voices with each other.

Not a day goes by I don't yearn to have him here with me to remind him that I love him as he used to remind me on a daily basis.  If only people could realize how quickly the person they love can be ripped from them I think they would learn to put their daily lives into a different perspective of what is or is not important... this goes for husband and wives, but friends as well... my husband was one of those unusual people who had friends of both sexes who absolutely adored him (as a brother) and because he was an artist there is so much of his work around town that to this day when I walk into anything from the dentist office to the store I buy my dog food people will tell me how much they miss him as he used to light up the place when he came in and with his work... he had friends that stayed close friends for over 40 years and could not even bear to come out here from California to visit for the first year because they could not believe he was not here, there is still some friends who have a hard time coming to visit me at my home because they are still so saddened that he is no longer here to greet them...

The lesson here is hold your loved ones - be it spouse or friend - close, because you do not know if they will be here tomorrow and the real joy in life is not how much money you are able to make, it is what you leave behind when you exit this life... and that is not going to be "gee I wished I had worked longer hours".....   unfortunately I think most of us have to experience this to understand it.... 

Oh, and my husband - like me - was a committed conservative and if Obama came on the TV in the kitchen when he was walking through the room he changed the channel.... he hated Obama with a passion, so imagine when a couple of months after he passed away I received a call from the mortuary that they had something for me.. I went down with a couple who had been one of our closest friends and this man very seriously presents me with a signed paper commemorating my husbands military service......  my friend looks down and sees it is signed by Obama and then I spot it and all three of us start to roar with laughter... the poor mortuary guy looked totally confused and we finally explained to him that my husband hated Obama with a passion -- the friend then adds: If George knew he was going to have this signed by Obama he would have made sure he lived another four years!

My deepest condolences Rapunzel.

I hope you understand that I did not intend to offend or bring back anyone's painful memories by posting this.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:25 pm »
No you didn't at all...Thank you.  I think people in general all need to step back and look at what is really important in life.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:29:42 pm »
Damn you Luis........    8888crybaby

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald