Author Topic: The Newt of the '80s Wouldn't Get Tangled Up in This Mandate Mess  (Read 578 times)

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

Re: The Newt of the '80s Wouldn't Get Tangled Up in This Mandate Mess
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
  Newt Gingrich has racked up a huge bill at Tiffany's, the jeweler, $500,000.  Our ever attentive media is on the case.  Frankly, folks, do I care what a former politician and his wife do with their money, or what a current politician is doing with mine?  I, frankly, couldn't care less that Gingrich has a $500,000 bill at Tiffany.  More power to him.  If his wife likes stuff at Tiffany, and Newt wants to buy stuff from Tiffany for his wife and has an account there, so be it.  Should I care about Newt and his wife's jewelry purchases or should I care that Obama sat in a bigoted church for 20 years and probably did hear what was being said?  Should we care about the lies and distortions being told of us by this regime about our financial circumstance? 

I disagree with Rush here.......... this goes to Newt's own fiscal responsibility as a sign of how he might operate as POTUS......

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:35:37 AM »
Wait a second!  It doesn't say anywhere that the account is in collection.

Secondly, it's his wife's account, not his.

Rush is correct, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
Wait a second!  It doesn't say anywhere that the account is in collection.

Secondly, it's his wife's account, not his.

Rush is correct, IMO.

No, it was his account, Calista had to report it because they have joint accounts requiring her to report both parties debts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf