Author Topic: Axelrod: We Need More Time  (Read 1248 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Axelrod: We Need More Time
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:07:31 am »
Axelrod: We Need More Time
May 18, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to take you back, just to demonstrate to you, when you're here, you are at the right place.  You are on the cutting edge by listening to this program.  Let me take you back to one week ago, last Wednesday on this program, where I told you what the Obama reelect campaign for 2012 was gonna be.

RUSH ARCHIVE:  It's all becoming very clear now.  "It's taking a lot longer than we thought."  But if there's a bumper sticker that could sum up the campaign, "It's taking a lot longer than we thought.  The mess was even worse than we knew."  In fact, I predicted this before Obama was even immaculated, that they would use that as a means for passing really Draconian legislation, like the stimulus bill, the Porkulus.  "Oh, my God, they didn't tell us how bad it was, folks. This economy is horrible. We had no idea it's this bad."  They're gonna revive that.  "Not even we realized 'til we got here, rolled our sleeves up just how bad this was.  And it's taking a lot longer, but we're starting to see signs of --" they'll lie about it. "Starting to see signs."  And they'll say, "See, 244,000 jobs were created last month.  We're going in the right direction.  Do we really want to change horses in the middle of the stream?"  That really is going to be the campaign.

RUSH:  That was one week ago today.  Last night on CNN Piers Morgan Tonight, a dwindling audience, therefore nobody heard this, which is why I am going to replay it for you here.  Piers Morgan Tonight on CNN talked to David Axelrod, Obama's reelect strategerist.  And Piers Morgan Tonight said, "The average American, when they come to vote, the big question for them will be, has Barack Obama done enough to repair the horrific damage from the financial crisis?  Do I have an expectation that he will continue that process?"

AXELROD:  The president's done a great job of turning around what was a catastrophic situation, but that's not the project that he was running.  To assume -- he ran for a larger reason, which was to reinvigorate the American dream in the twentieth century and for many, many years before the crisis people have been struggling, kind of running in place, their paychecks have been flat, their expenses have been going up, harder to educate their kids, harder to retire, and those are the projects that he's been working on, and it's gonna take some time to achieve them.  The question is whether people say, "You know what, I want to keep on going down that path, that's the right vision."

RUSH:  So there you have it.  Axelrod confirming last night on CNN, "Yep, yep, it's worse than we thought. It's gonna take longer than we thought, and the question is do we want to stay on this path of the right vision?  Do we want to change horses in the middle of the stream?"  There you heard it from the horse's mouth.  Don't doubt me, folks, don't doubt me. 

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald