Author Topic: Obama Sinks in Polls, Flip-Flops on Oil in Attempt to Drill His Way Out  (Read 3407 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Sinks in Polls, Flip-Flops on Oil in Attempt to Drill His Way Out
May 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Gallup is out -- and they're out twice. (interruption) No, no. No, no, no. Earlier today Obama slipped. He was at 48%. When the program started, Obama was at 48% approval. Another Gallup number has just come out and he's at 46%. So Obama has slipped, and he's slipped again down to 46% this hour in their daily poll, the daily tracking poll. So the Osama bump, that's probably in the same place in the sea where Osama is. There was no bump. Look, bumps are exactly that. Bumps are artificial anyway. I wouldn't want a bump in a poll. "Oh, he did something right? Okay, I'll approve him for two days, and then ask me next week and I'll be back."

This is BS, this whole notion of getting a bump in the polls -- and, of course, it's the media that wants the bump so they can report it, but you live by the bump you die by the bump because the bump's eventually gonna go away, and the bump has gone away, and there's the Bamster now down to 46% -- and is in deep doo-doo. I'm telling you, he's in deep doo-doo. Not only that poll, this is also Gallup: 47-19%, persons say they would want their member of Congress to vote against raising the debt ceiling. We had this last Friday. Fifty-seven percent of the country is paying attention to it.

Twenty years ago, 2% of a talk radio audience paid attention to or cared about budgets and deficits.

Today, 57% of the whole country is paying attention -- and by 47-19 they are opposed to raising the debt ceiling.

"Amid growing public unhappiness over gas prices, President Barack Obama is directing his [regime] to ramp up U.S. oil production by extending existing leases in the Gulf of Mexico and off Alaska's coast and holding more frequent lease sales in a federal petroleum reserve in Alaska. But the moves won't calm spiraling prices at the pump any time soon." This is his own AP, upset that he's writing or that he's flip-flopping here on drilling. His own AP, in a news story, inserts that last sentence: "But the moves won't calm spiraling prices at the pump any time soon." Let me tell you something, AP: He's not doing it to change the price of gasoline or oil. He's doing it for votes!

Everybody understands it's a losing proposition to run around and give the Brazilians $10 billion and help others drill for oil and shut down our own industry as the price of oil is going up; and it makes no sense for the average American to hear that more oil is not the answer. It clearly is! So Obama was digging himself his own political grave. Here are rising gas prices because of rising oil prices, and the regime goes out and says, "Well, more oil is not the answer." Give me a break! Of course it is! People are not foolish. So the regime does a 180 here, and AP not happy. Now, here's the dirty little secret: Obama could go say whatever he wants to say; the EPA can still refuse to grant the leases -- and that's the way this is gonna happen.

So you have Obama saying he wants to ramp up US oil production by extending existing leases and holding more frequent lease sales, but then the EPA has to approve 'em. EPA can dillydally, EPA can disapprove them, EPA can not take action, but Obama's gotten himself on the right side of the issue with words. So this does not mean we're gonna get more oil. It just means Obama is out saying things that he knows people want to hear, 'cause I'm telling you: It has to be that the internal White House polling on Obama's reelect is bad. Don't doubt me. I will believe more oil drilling when he removes the moratorium. I will believe more oil drilling when I see rigs come back to the Gulf of Mexico.
They have left. Rigs have abandoned the Gulf, and they've gone to Brazil; they've gone to other parts of this world. When they start coming back, I'll believe that we're drilling more oil. When Sarah Palin tells me that she's seen oil rigs from her house in Alaska, I will believe that we're going for more oil. But not just because Obama says it. (interruption) Well, I'm not kidding. The EPA can quash this whole ting, Snerdley. You can sit there and laugh all you want, but doesn't mean anything, just to him say it. So it's all a crock. "Obama's announcement followed passage in the Republican - controlled House of three bills -- including two this week – that would expand and speed up offshore oil and gas drilling.

"Republicans say the bills are aimed at easing gasoline costs, but they also acknowledge that won't be fast." This is such a bunch of BS. Of course they won't come fast, but if we woulda done this ten to 15 years ago, we would now be seeing the benefits of having done it ten years. If we woulda done it five years ago or if we would expand drilling and so forth ten years ago, we'd be ahead. Back then they were saying, "Well, it's not an overnight solution." Everybody knows that. But if we'd-a gotten started on this at a reasonable point in time, it would be coming to fruition about now. (sigh)

Again, to put this in perspective that Obama is just in full-fledged campaign mode, and that means that he went to the closet, he dragged out his conservative mask, and, "Drill, baby, drill!" and we're supposed to confuse him with Sarah Palin, right? Now, if he wants to make this charade believable, then he can fire Eric Holder (who has his fraud squad on a search-and-destroy mission of oil producers) and he can fire Steven Chu. Steven Chu is the guy, the wrong guy, running the Energy Department. Chu, Steven Chu is a green energy zombie. Steven Chu, after he was hired to run Energy, said, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels of Europe." This is what he said after he was named to the post!

So, obviously, he's not the right guy to lead a serious effort to expand domestic oil supplies. This is my point. If this were serious, you don't keep some clown in there who is an advocate of high prices. But we all that know Chu isn't going anywhere. Obama himself said it (summarized): "I don't mind $4-a-gallon gasoline. It's just it got there a little too rapidly for my tastes, a little too quickly.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We got Obama doing the Obama flip-flop.  We go back to March 30th, Georgetown University, Barack Hussein Obama, mmm, mmm, mmm, speaking about America's energy security.

OBAMA:  We have been down this road before.  Remember it was just three years ago that gas prices topped four dollars a gallon.  I remember because I was in the middle of a presidential campaign.  Working folks certainly remember because it hit a lot of people pretty hard, and because we were at the height of political season, you had all kinds of slogans and gimmicks and outraged politicians waving their three-point plans for two-dollar-a-gallon gas, you remember that.  Drill, baby, drill.  None of it was really gonna do anything to solve the problem.

RUSH:  That was March the 30th, this year, a month and a half ago.  Here's Obama Saturday.  His White House YouTube channel address.

OBAMA:  I'm directing the Department of Interior to conduct annual lease sales in Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve while respecting sensitive areas, and to speed up the evaluation of oil and gas resources in the mid- and south Atlantic.  We plan to lease new areas in the Gulf of Mexico as well and work to create new incentives for industry to develop their unused leases both on and offshore.

RUSH:  Well.  Drill, baby, drill.  There you have it.  In less than a month and a half, Obama changes his tune on this.  And people want to know why, and I'm telling you it's the internal polling that they have on the Obama reelect.  I guarantee you, guarantee.  I don't know, but I do know.  Just one of these things that I instinctively know.  I haven't seen it officially, but I'm fairly confident telling you, don't doubt me.  It's actually a flip-flop on a flip-flop.  What would that be?  Flip-flip-flop.  Flip-flip-flop, because during the 2008 campaign Obama vowed to continue all the bans on offshore drilling that were in place at that time.  So a flip-flip-flop.  Or, a flip-flop-flipper or flip-flop flopper.  Double flopper.  That's what it is, a double flopper.  There you have it.  It's exactly what it is. 

There's a fascinating piece in the Wall Street Journal, it's an editorial.  No, it's an op-ed piece.  And its title is, "Why the Job Market Feels So Dismal."  It asks the question: "Why don't American workers feel the labor market is on the mend?"  Why would people think that the labor market's on the mend?  Well, the unemployment rate is going down, right?  No, it's not.  It's staying where it is, but they're hiring more workers. They told us 244,000 new jobs, but the unemployment rate went up.  Let me give you a couple of pull quotes from the piece.  "The combination of low hiring and a large stock of unemployed workers, now 13.7 million." So 13.7 million people want a job, but low hiring rates "means that the competition for jobs is fierce.  Because there are now many more unemployed workers, and because hiring is only about 70% of 2006 levels, a worker is about one-third as likely to find a job today as he or she was in 2006. It is no wonder that workers do not feel that the labor market has recovered." That's pretty stunning, the chances of getting a job are 70% what they were four years ago, five years ago? 

The second pull quote: "The prescription for the American labor market is simple: low taxes on capital investment, avoidance of excessively burdensome regulation, and open markets here and abroad. We must create a climate in which investment is profitable, productivity is rising, and employers find it profitable to increase their hiring rate. These are the mantras that economists have chanted in the past. But they are our best bet for ensuring a dynamic and growing labor market." Fine and dandy, would somebody please explain to me how circumstances are in the process of being formed or created where this will be the case.  A climate in which investment is profitable -- not yet -- productivity is rising -- hmm, no -- employers find it profitable to increase their hiring rate -- see, that's the bottom line.

Hiring additional workers, folks, is always one of the leading indicators of profit.  No business is in money to lose business, unless -- well, there are some that try to.  Fringe businesses, you know, shylocks playing games with tax laws.  But for the most part people who hire other people hire them to increase the profit line, to increase productivity, increase sales performance or what have you.  And that's why they do it.  They don't do it 'cause Obama gets out there and says, "Hey, you banks, start hiring, okay?  Hey, you bankers, it's about time you started hiring, okay?"  It's not how it happens.  You can't wave a magic wand and command businesses to start hiring people and they will do it.
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

This is all a shell game, anything to get re-elected.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline wtf21

No business is in money to lose business...

Pithy.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Do you know of any businesses who ARE in business to lose money?

Offline wtf21

Not specifically off the top of my head.  Why do you ask?  Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Oceander

Most likely, the idiot who posted just before you thinks he does.

EDIT:  Wow!  The idiot's on a roll today.  Such prolific writing.

Offline Rapunzel

One would think a CPA would understand how business works and why a company is in business in the first place....... wouldn't one?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One would think a CPA would understand how business works and why a company is in business in the first place....... wouldn't one?
Most likely the claim to be a CPA is an outright lie.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline wtf21

Most likely the claim to be a CPA is an outright lie.

LOL!  I'll bet you want to see the long-form certificate.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Not specifically off the top of my head.  Why do you ask?  Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Just wondering why you thought the observation to be pithy.   :shrug:

Offline wtf21

Just wondering why you thought the observation to be pithy.   :shrug:

I was being sarcastic about the statement..."No business is in money to lose business... 

Offline Rapunzel

I was being sarcastic about the statement..."No business is in money to lose business... 

You need to go back and re-read what Lipstick wrote, that is NOT what she wrote, you mixed up the words in your re-telling.

Offline wtf21

You need to go back and re-read what Lipstick wrote, that is NOT what she wrote, you mixed up the words in your re-telling.

The quote is a C&P from the transcript.

Offline Rapunzel

The quote is a C&P from the transcript.

nope.......... this is exactly what she wrote and it has not been edited.............

Offline wtf21

nope.......... this is exactly what she wrote and it has not been edited.............

In reply #4 above, I quoted LOAH's post as she wrote it.  I answered her question and within my own comment again quoted from the transcript.  You're not making any sense.

Offline mountaineer

I happened to catch the show when Rush made a slip of the tongue and said, "in money to lose business."  I chuckled at the malaprop, but that's all it was.  Let's focus on substance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

In reply #4 above, I quoted LOAH's post as she wrote it.  I answered her question and within my own comment again quoted from the transcript.  You're not making any sense.

Nope, it is you who is not making any sense....  she asked if you knew any business who is not in business to make money and you transposed what she said and attempted to use your transposition to mock her...... this is what YOU wrote and ergo it is what you wrote that made zero sense:

Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Her question stands -- your mocking aside;

DO you know any business which is in business to lose money?  I certainly do not.... evidentally you, the CPA does.........

Offline wtf21

Nope, it is you who is not making any sense....  she asked if you knew any business who is not in business to make money and you transposed what she said and attempted to use your transposition to mock her...... this is what YOU wrote and ergo it is what you wrote that made zero sense:

Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Her question stands -- your mocking aside;

DO you know any business which is in business to lose money?  I certainly do not.... evidentally you, the CPA does.........

Again, from the transcript...

No business is in money to lose business, unless -- well, there are some that try to.

It sounds like the gasbag himself needs to answer your question.  Do you even read these endless transcripts posted here?

Offline Rapunzel

So you are referring to the Rush transcript........ did you ever consider it could have been incorrectly transcribed?

Offline mountaineer

So you are referring to the Rush transcript........ did you ever consider it could have been incorrectly transcribed?
I don't think it was incorrectly transcribed, as I happened to be listening to the show.  Rush simply made a slip of the tongue, just like when one might say "Obama bin Laden" or "leap before you look." 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

I don't think it was incorrectly transcribed, as I happened to be listening to the show.  Rush simply made a slip of the tongue, just like when one might say "Obama bin Laden" or "leap before you look." 

:beer: :beer: :beer: