Author Topic: Obama Sinks in Polls, Flip-Flops on Oil in Attempt to Drill His Way Out  (Read 1884 times)

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

This is all a shell game, anything to get re-elected.

Offline wtf21

No business is in money to lose business...

Pithy.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Do you know of any businesses who ARE in business to lose money?

Offline wtf21

Not specifically off the top of my head.  Why do you ask?  Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Most likely, the idiot who posted just before you thinks he does.

EDIT:  Wow!  The idiot's on a roll today.  Such prolific writing.

Offline Rapunzel

One would think a CPA would understand how business works and why a company is in business in the first place....... wouldn't one?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
One would think a CPA would understand how business works and why a company is in business in the first place....... wouldn't one?
Most likely the claim to be a CPA is an outright lie.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline wtf21

Most likely the claim to be a CPA is an outright lie.

LOL!  I'll bet you want to see the long-form certificate.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Not specifically off the top of my head.  Why do you ask?  Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Just wondering why you thought the observation to be pithy.   :shrug:

Offline wtf21

Just wondering why you thought the observation to be pithy.   :shrug:

I was being sarcastic about the statement..."No business is in money to lose business... 

Offline Rapunzel

I was being sarcastic about the statement..."No business is in money to lose business... 

You need to go back and re-read what Lipstick wrote, that is NOT what she wrote, you mixed up the words in your re-telling.

Offline wtf21

You need to go back and re-read what Lipstick wrote, that is NOT what she wrote, you mixed up the words in your re-telling.

The quote is a C&P from the transcript.

Offline Rapunzel

The quote is a C&P from the transcript.

nope.......... this is exactly what she wrote and it has not been edited.............

Offline wtf21

nope.......... this is exactly what she wrote and it has not been edited.............

In reply #4 above, I quoted LOAH's post as she wrote it.  I answered her question and within my own comment again quoted from the transcript.  You're not making any sense.

Online mountaineer

I happened to catch the show when Rush made a slip of the tongue and said, "in money to lose business."  I chuckled at the malaprop, but that's all it was.  Let's focus on substance.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

In reply #4 above, I quoted LOAH's post as she wrote it.  I answered her question and within my own comment again quoted from the transcript.  You're not making any sense.

Nope, it is you who is not making any sense....  she asked if you knew any business who is not in business to make money and you transposed what she said and attempted to use your transposition to mock her...... this is what YOU wrote and ergo it is what you wrote that made zero sense:

Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Her question stands -- your mocking aside;

DO you know any business which is in business to lose money?  I certainly do not.... evidentally you, the CPA does.........

Offline wtf21

Nope, it is you who is not making any sense....  she asked if you knew any business who is not in business to make money and you transposed what she said and attempted to use your transposition to mock her...... this is what YOU wrote and ergo it is what you wrote that made zero sense:

Do you know of any 'business in money to lose business'?

Her question stands -- your mocking aside;

DO you know any business which is in business to lose money?  I certainly do not.... evidentally you, the CPA does.........

Again, from the transcript...

No business is in money to lose business, unless -- well, there are some that try to.

It sounds like the gasbag himself needs to answer your question.  Do you even read these endless transcripts posted here?

Offline Rapunzel

So you are referring to the Rush transcript........ did you ever consider it could have been incorrectly transcribed?

Online mountaineer

So you are referring to the Rush transcript........ did you ever consider it could have been incorrectly transcribed?
I don't think it was incorrectly transcribed, as I happened to be listening to the show.  Rush simply made a slip of the tongue, just like when one might say "Obama bin Laden" or "leap before you look." 
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

I don't think it was incorrectly transcribed, as I happened to be listening to the show.  Rush simply made a slip of the tongue, just like when one might say "Obama bin Laden" or "leap before you look." 

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf