Author Topic: Obama's Easter Sunday Pastor Compares Your Host to the KKK  (Read 1221 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama's Easter Sunday Pastor Compares Your Host to the KKK
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:48 am »
Obama's Easter Sunday Pastor Compares Your Host to the KKK
April 26, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I got the preacher here from 2010, Obama's Easter Sunday preacher calling me the KKK back in 2010. I don't know if I want to waste time on that.  Yeah, why not? Why not? Well, let's do it 'cause -- 'cause we got something funny to follow it.  Okay, so January 15th in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, Eastern University's Windows of the World Convention, Washington, DC's Shiloh Baptist Church pastor Wallace Charles Smith was the speaker...

SMITH:  Any time you can have the kind of hatemongering that continues in the hallowed halls of talk radio, it shows that Barack's presidency has not solved the problem.  Now Jim Crow wears blue pinstripes.  He doesn't have to wear white robes anymore.  Because now he can wear the protective cover of talk radio, or can get a regular news program on Fox. Even such venerable saints as Rush Limbaugh know the lines that they are not to cross.  But any of their constituency can hear clear the same vile filth spewing forth in their statements that was once the purview of Robert Shelton and members of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Citizens Council.

RUSH:  That's the Easter Sunday pastor of Obama.  His name is Wallace Charles Smith.  That's who did Obama's Easter Sunday sermon, but that bite was from January 15th of 2010.  He's equating me with the KKK.  Meanwhile, let's go back, shall we, to about six months after that: July 2nd of 2010 in Charleston, West Virginia, Bill Clinton eulogizing a Grand Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan, Robert Byrd, who served "with distinction and honor" in the United States Senate.

CLINTON:  There are a lot of people who wrote these eulogies for Senator Byrd in the newspapers, and I read a bunch of them, and they mentioned that he once had a fleeting association with the Klu (sic) Klux Klan and what does that mean.  I'll tell you what it means.  He was a country boy from the hills and the hollows of West Virginia. He was trying to get elected, and maybe he did something he shouldn't have done, and he spent the rest of his life making it up -- and that's what a good person does.

AUDIENCE: (applauding)

CLINTON: There are no perfect people!  There are certainly no perfect politicians.

RUSH:  Right.  So at the eulogy for Byrd, Clinton felt compelled to bring up his Ku Klux Klan past, referring to it as "a fleeting association."  There was nothing "fleeting" about it.  Byrd was a recruiter.  He went out and recruited people to join the Klan.  Grand Cyclops.  I keep saying "Kleagle," but he was a Grand Cyclops.  His hood had three eyes.  One in the back of his head, too, to see the people heading for him in that direction.  Robert Byrd.  So here's Clinton, basically saying (impression), "Hey, look. Hey! Yeah, so what? 

"He was a member of the Klan, but where's he from?  He's from where you're from, right here! "You hayseeds and you hicks, he did it for you! You're all members of the Klan, and that's what he had to do! He had to pretend he was in the Klan just to get elected 'cause you wouldn't elect anybody else.  He did it for you and he did it for himself, and then he spent the rest of his life apologizing for it."  That was Clinton's message.  "Yes!  Let's applaud Bill Clinton for calling us all a bunch of hicks and hayseeds and Klan sympathizers!"
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Obama's Easter Sunday Pastor Compares Your Host to the KKK
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:07:44 am »
Can you imagine if Bush had attended churches like Obama chooses.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776