Author Topic: There's No Freaking Way Barack Obama is a Shoe-In for Reelection  (Read 1036 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There's No Freaking Way Barack Obama is a Shoe-In for Reelection
April 22, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: New York Times, Jim Rutenberg: "Nation's Mood at Lowest Level in Two Years, Poll Shows."  Let me summarize this poll for you.  It is brutal.  The data in this poll, if this were anybody other than Obama, there would be abject panic in the media and on the left. 

Get this, now: "70% of Americans feel things in this country are seriously off on the wrong track. That is the highest number since the 79% registered in 1/11/09 when President Bush was still in office." That was right before Obama was immaculated.  "70% of Americans feel things in this country are seriously off on the wrong track."  Now, in listening to this data, I want you to keep one thing in perspective.  We go back to January 2009 when Obama was immaculated and I want you to remember how upbeat and positive everybody was, even people on our side be. It was the dawn of a new day!

Finally, somebody was gonna unify us all, was going to renew America's economic engine, was going to renew the love for America around the world.  We were gonna get out of all these wars.  We were gonna close Club Gitmo!  Virtually everything bad that was going on was gonna be fixed.  Just the opposite has happened, and the American people admit it in this poll: "80% rate the national economy as bad... Only 19% rate it as good ... 39% think the economy is getting worse, only 23% say it is getting better. ... 57% disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy."

There's one thing I know, one thing after going through all this data: Any poll that tells you that Obama's approval numbers are at 47% is a lie.  Somehow, it's a lie, 'cause personal approval and likability are two different things. I might be able to believe the notion that he has a likability number 47%, but not approval, not when you go through this: 39% think the economy is getting worse; 80% rate the economy as bad, 70% think the country's off on the wrong track.  They're not blaming Bush anymore for this: "57% disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy.

"That is the highest disapproval measured by the CBS/NYT poll. ... 59% disapprove of Obama's handling of the federal budget. Also the highest CBS/NYT has ever measured that number. Obama's Libya approval numbers have completely flipped from 50/29 approve in March to 45/39 disapprove today. ... 46% disapprove of the way Obama is handling foreign policy. That is the highest number ever for Obama in a CBS/NYT poll. ... 55% tell NYT/CBS they would rather have a smaller government providing fewer services. Only 33% want a bigger government with more services," and, "When asked 'Do you think Barack Obama has the same priorities for the country as you have, or doesn't he?' 53% said no and 43% said yes.

"When Obama was [immaculated] those numbers were 65% and 28% no." So two years ago, January 2009, 65% of the people thought Obama had the same priorities as they did.  Today, the number is 43% said yes versus 65% who said yes two years ago. (interruption) What are you talking about?  (interruption)Well, it's precisely because he was an empty slate! People were writing on Obama whatever they wanted him to be, and everybody wants their president to be just like them. Everybody wants their president to have the same objectives they do.

Precisely because he had never worked a day in his life, never had a job, didn't have a record -- precisely because he had this marvelous media image that was concocted and created for him -- 63% of the American people thought they and Obama were on the same page when he entered office.  Today it's almost the reverse 'cause now he's got a record. That is a big difference.  You can talk about this automatic reelection, and I'm gonna tell you right now, folks: I have all the respect in the world for all these marvelous political scientists and columnists.  But I'm gonna tell you: I don't believe a presidential election poll taken in April of 2011 when the election is November of 2012.
I just don't believe it, particularly when the Republicans don't even have a nominee yet. The hell with it. People who want to start analyzing this stuff? Fine. That's their business. They're political scientists. But there is nobody who knows. There's not a single person alive who knows what's gonna happen tomorrow, much less in an election for the presidency in November 2012 -- and all this rotgut about how Obama can't be beat and he's got everybody in his back pocket? To me, all of this is just shy of lunacy.  Now, some of these people might want to say, "Well, hey, you might not like hearing the facts, Limbaugh. You might not like it but this is the way it all ends up according to our in-depth formulas and so forth."

Fine.  Well, your formulas are what they are.  I'll take what real people do a year and a half from now over anybody's formula a year and a half out.  Now, all these people say, "Well, there are caveats, of course. Things could happen that we can't foresee."  Exactly right "things could happen that we can't foresee," like any number of things: Like what are the odds the economy's gonna improve; what are the odds everything's gonna get better here?  There's not a whole lot of time for demonstrable improvement here.  There's plenty of time to fake it.  There's plenty of time for government data to be jimmied and so forth to make it look like it's better than it is.  What was Jimmy Carter's election projection 2-1/2 years into his presidency? 

Up until three months, maybe even less, he was reelected. Do you realize Reagan was destined to lose that election a month going in?  I think the final polls in the three weeks... I'll have to look this up specifically, but if you'll recall, if you were alive and paying attention 1980, Reagan's landslide was a shock on Election Night.  It was a shock!  The media couldn't believe it. That election was over two hours before California closed, and nobody could believe it.  Oh, yeah!  Carter conceded early and the media was all bent outta shape 'cause he did that, 'cause he conceded long before California even closed the polls or any state on the Left Coast had closed the polls.

He goes out there and quits, gives up, concedes the election. They were fit to be tied out there -- and all the polling data prior to that day suggested Carter was a shoe-in -- and I'm telling you: We're doing worse now than we were under contractor. This is the second term of Jimmy Carter on steroids.  I'm just here to tell you... I'm the morale officer of this country, and I'm here to tell you (and taking personalities out of it) there is no FREAKING way that President Barack Obama -- with everything we know happening in the country as it is -- is a shoe-in for reelection. 

There is no way he's an automatic shoe-in for reelection, and anybody telling you that cannot back that up with ontological certitude.  Anybody who's telling you that would not bet their own house on it, so don't listen to 'em.  I don't mean this to be personal with the people saying this, but I'm not gonna let people talk me out of my common sense: We have got a president who is reviled here.  In the bowels of this country, in the places where the people live who make this country work, this guy, there's no more love. There's no more hope. There's no more investment in change.  It is now a known quantity.  Obama is a known factor.  He is a disaster. 

Let me ask you this: You look at the Tea Parties. The Tea Parties, nobody even expected those things to happen, right?  The Tea Party had people showing up that had never been involved in politics. They show up at these town halls and give birth to the Tea Party, and everybody's running around, "How did this happen?  Okay, who's the Grand Conspirator here?  Who's working behind the scenes to organize these people?"  Answer: Nobody.  It happened because the people who make this country work were fed up and scared to death that if they didn't do something, the country as founded -- as they knew it and loved it -- was finished. 

So what did they do? 

They started finding out what they had to do, where they had to go to go to these town meetings and let their opinions be known and how to influence the outcome of elections and the votes of elected officials.  So, Paul Ryan has just submitted a budget.  It is a budget that Obama has criticized in the most unpresidential and childish, immature, school-bully kind of way.  What I want to know is: Where are the left-wing versions of those Tea Party people?  They're nowhere.  If the Ryan budget were so radical, so destructive -- if the Ryan budget spells the end of everything good and decent in this country -- then where are the American people standing up and going to town hall meetings and demanding that it never see the light of day? 

They don't exist because people want it. 

There is no left-wing version of the Tea Party out there. 

Once again we are all falling prey and victim to a massive campaign of media creation, that there's this groundswell of love and support for Obama's reelection when there is NOT.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Reagan turned that election around in 1980 with a series of questions.  The exact same questions that can be asked of Obama, and they will elicit the same answers.  Are you better off now than you were four years ago?  Reagan asked that in the campaign of 1980.  Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago?  Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?  Is America as respected throughout the world as it was?  Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we're as strong as we were four years ago?  And if you answer all those questions "yes" then your choice is obvious, you vote for Carter.  If you don't agree, then you vote for me.  Same questions can be asked.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Also in the CBS/New York Times poll, it says the American people oppose raising the debt sealing 2-1.  Two to one of the American people oppose raising the debt ceiling.  The only thing in this poll that can likely be spun for Obama is ostensibly that the American people don't want anything about Medicare to be touched.  Medicare is worth the cost.  That's about the only thing in this poll that Obama can hang his hat on.  It's really shocking that they even published it once they got the results.  They're trying to goose Obama into action.  I know that's one of the things up.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right, I know, you're dubious.  "Rush, Rush, why would they publish a poll which is so devastating to Obama? Why would they publish a poll so devastating to Obama's policies?"  And why would they ballyhoo the fact that it was only 25% Republicans in the sample?  In other words, oversample Demcrats, why would they do it?  It's because they don't think Obama's a shoe-in either.  Look, we've answered this before, we've explained it before.  With all these seeming victories that the left is piling up, where is the happiness that goes along with it?  Where is the contentment and where's the parties, where are the good times?  In other words, why are these people so ticked off in the midst of what they try to tell us each day is an overwhelming Obama success?  Why are these people so mad?  I'll tell you why they're mad.  It's because they see with their own eyes everything they believe in adding up to giant failure.

They're no longer dreaming about theories.  Their guy's in charge.  Their ideas have been implemented and they don't have these new jobs that were promised, and Obama has not built 'em the new kitchen that he promised or led them to believe that were gonna get in Tampa.  And there are no new cars for everybody.  And white people are not shining the shoes of black people.  Well, I remember that Tampa fundraiser, that Tampa town hall, we had audiotape of some black people who said, "From now on you all are gonna be waiting on us."  Remember that?  That's what the election meant to some people.  I think it was in Florida.  "From now on you're gonna be waiting on us."  Well, nobody's waiting on anybody.  There aren't any jobs.  Everything they were promised, every aspect of utopia that they believed in could happen if they just got their guy in the White House.  Nothing's gone right. 

And you add to that we're still operating Club Gitmo and ostensibly torturing people. We've ramped up our military presence in Afghanistan, in Egypt, in Libya.  It's not panning out the way they all thought it would.  And they're seeing it with their own eyes.  They're seeing that their long-held theories, their dreams don't work.  You can look at the news and you can see where Obama's losing ground with Hispanics, losing ground with certain ethnic groups.  Even with African-Americans.  So why would the New York Times publish a poll like this?  Warning shot.  "Hey, you people running the campaign, you think you're still running The Messiah here, let me tell you what the reality is on the ground."  They're just as panicked on the left that they're gonna lose as some people on our side are defeated that he's gonna win.

Now, I've always promised you people, I will tell you when it's time to panic.  I will tell you when it's over.  I am the canary in the coal mine and the canary in the coal mine a lot of times doesn't do a lot of laughing.  But I'm well known as a laughing canary.  I am here to tell you that all of these early predictions that the 2012 election is over, that there's nothing that can be done, that the brilliance of Obama's campaign team and policy team, strategy team has already wrapped up that 2012 election, sorry.  It's not happening, hasn't happened, it can't possibly have happened, pure common sense.  If it were that ontologically certain, we'd cancel the election.  I'm not just saying that to be obvious.  Don't buy into this notion that this guy can't be beat.  They want you to believe that.  They want to think that it's over.  I see more and more signs of more and more people caring about this every day.  I don't see people tuning out.  I don't see people giving up.  I see people outraged.  I see people motivated, inspired, Tea Party, what have you.  They are hell-bent.  They want to stop this and it's only over when people don't care anymore.  And we haven't gotten to that point.  People still care, and in many cases people who have never cared all of a sudden do.  And people who have cared a little bit now care a lot.  You're not gonna see 'em reported on frequently in mainstream media, but they're there because they're you.

END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: There's No Freaking Way Barack Obama is a Shoe-In for Reelection
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 02:15:01 am »
I think they plan to "Al Framken" the country and the GOP has so stupidly not closed election loopholes that he might get away with it,
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776