Author Topic: Moscow Motorcyclist's Crazy High-Speed Commute  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Moscow Motorcyclist's Crazy High-Speed Commute
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
Take a deep breath... you may not exhale for awhile!

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/high_speed.html
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Moscow Motorcyclist's Crazy High-Speed Commute
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33:26 pm »
I should have posted this on a public page!  Oh well, enjoy!
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:47:56 pm »
I'll move it.

Let me know if you'd like it moved to a different category.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:56:48 pm »
I'll move it.

Let me know if you'd like it moved to a different category.

Thanks Sabre.  Any place is fine where visitors to the site can see it.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 02:44:56 am »
That is one wild and crazy guy!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:01 am »
And all without even getting out of second gear!

Seriously, anyone checked to see how sped up that video was?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 05:00:08 am »
And all without even getting out of second gear!

Seriously, anyone checked to see how sped up that video was?

Try driving on the California Freeways and those "pocket rockets" go by you like you are standing still even though you're doing 80+, scare the heck out of you as they weave in and out of traffic..... so yep, this is probably legit.,  It reminds me of a guy my husband did some work for a few years ago. Guy and his wife were both lawyers - wife has a local pratice, he is sort of a wild hare...... he is Indian and gets $$$ every month for being an Indian so doesn't really care to work, instead he buys property...... anyway, one day George was doing some stuff at this house and suddenly he says I'm taking off for a couple of minutes, jumped on his bike and took off...... about a half hour later -- no more than half hour -- he returned saying he felt much better now, that he had taken a run down to the dam and back..... well the dam is about 35miles down and around the lake on a dangerous, mostly two-lane road with a lot of traffic as a general rule..... I cannot even imagine how fast he was going, but he was just that crazy...  has two little girls, too.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 05:12:06 am »
There used to be a college student here who would go down the main highway in town at over 100+ on a regular basis.  He'd get caught now and then, but mommy and daddy always paid to get him out of trouble.

One day he misjudged the space between too cars and wiped out, totaling the bike as it went one way (being run over in the process) and he went another.  He hadn't gotten up to high speed yet so other than some scrapes and ruined clothes, he was not physically hurt.  About two weeks later, he was back to driving like an idiot, on a brand new bike, no doubt purchased by mommy and daddy.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:06 pm »
There used to be a college student here who would go down the main highway in town at over 100+ on a regular basis.  He'd get caught now and then, but mommy and daddy always paid to get him out of trouble.

One day he misjudged the space between too cars and wiped out, totaling the bike as it went one way (being run over in the process) and he went another.  He hadn't gotten up to high speed yet so other than some scrapes and ruined clothes, he was not physically hurt.  About two weeks later, he was back to driving like an idiot, on a brand new bike, no doubt purchased by mommy and daddy.

Seen plenty of those.