Author Topic: With a Democrat in the Oval Office, Five Dollars a Gallon is No Big Deal  (Read 1733 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
With a Democrat in the Oval Office, Five Dollars a Gallon is No Big Deal
April 20, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It is so predictable.  There's MSNBC during their one year retrospective impact of the gulf oil spill.  And you know what the purpose is of this particular episode being anchored by Andrea Mitchell is. The purpose here is to make sure we don't drill for oil ever again. It's to support Obama and the regime 'cause, man, look what almost happened.  Do you realize every prediction of doom and disaster from that oil spill ended up being totally wrong, as wrong as you could be if you wanted to be a hundred percent wrong, and yet here they are, their one year retrospective with the whole focal point being, "Boy, it was a disaster, dangerous, could have been really disastrous. We better never drill for oil again." Why do this?  What's the big deal about this anniversary?  And to whom is it an anniversary, aside from the media?  Zilch, nobody. 

How are you?  Great to have you back, Rush Limbaugh, the EIB Network, Limbaugh Institute, Advanced Conservative Studies. 

I want to show you something on the Dittocam.  I just turned it off while I zoomed tight.  We did a little Google search here.  In the previous hour of the program I made reference to the fact that, where are all the stories on the gasoline price going up?  Five bucks a gallon.  If you heard the riff, you know, I don't need to repeat it, basically the point of it was that compared to 2005, the last time gasoline prices spiked big time, there's no coverage of it. So, yeah, while the price is exceeding four bucks in many places, five bucks in Washington, there's not this accompanying panic.  No.  What are we getting?  A one-year look-back at the oil spill.  So the media is doing everything it can to suppress any negative economic impact to Obama, virtually no coverage of the rising gasoline price. 

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a search, gasoline prices, Google trends.  Here it is.  That big spike that you see on the left is 2005 when the price was approaching four bucks a gallon and the oil price was around $150.  That's been the way they've been covering gasoline prices since.  This year, no coverage.  See the little spike there.  It just proves the point that I was making an hour ago, and that is that there's no coverage on this.  I mean people are sending me notes, "Gasoline prices are skyrocketing. People are really feeling the pain."  Are they?  Do they know it?  They're feeling it but do they think anybody else is feeling it?  There's no news on it and there's certainly no negative news about it. Whatever news about the gas price going up tends to be, "Well, you know, there's really some good news about this. Less dependence on foreign oil. Less travel. Less accidents.  Fewer lives lost."  I mean, they're actually doing stories on the benefits of rising gasoline prices.  Something you would never see, of course, if a Republican were in the Oval Office.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is Carolyn in West Haven, Connecticut.  Great to have you.  You are up first today.

CALLER:  Oh, thanks Rush.  I appreciate the honor to be on your show.

RUSH:  Thank you.

CALLER:  I am a representative for seniors.  It's a group in Connecticut.  It started "United Seniors for America," and we had a meeting Monday and the seniors decided to take up the issue with the gas prices.  They said it is ridiculous, they can't afford it, and they want to know why nobody's speaking about the gas prices. So yesterday I contacted Senator Lieberman, Blumenthal, and Congressman DeLauro's office and they told them who I was and I said, "The seniors in Connecticut are very concerned because they have not heard anything about the gas prices.  In the past when there was a problem, it was all over the news, and nothing is being told either in meetings or in the media -- even if it's local media."  So I was told by the offices that the reason the gas prices are up is because there's uncertainty in the Middle East, that's the driving factor.  And I said, "Well, there's always been uncertainty in the Middle East, so what am I gonna tell them?  Is there a problem with the supply?"  And they said, "No," and --

RUSH:  Well, wait just a second.  Because back when the gas price was rising under Bush they said there was problem with the "speculators," and now, "Oh, speculators? We could trash them!" But now the problem is "uncertainty in the Middle East" and we can't trash that?

CALLER:  And I said, "Well, who do I contact and they said what do you mean?" and I said, "You told me you're told by the administration there's 'uncertainty in the Middle East' and I have to go back to my seniors and give them a competent answer.  We're talking with seniors; they're very smart.  They know that the value of the dollar is affecting their price and their gas, but they're gonna have to make a choice pretty soon: What is your breaking factor?" So the offices said, "What do you mean?"  I said, "What do I mean? I mean $5, $6?  Because the seniors breaking factor is right now, you've hit it at $4," and they said -- some of the comments were -- "Don't worry about it. We're working on new energy solutions."  I said, "Wait, wait, wait.  The seniors' future is tomorrow."

RUSH:  (chuckling) They said don't worry about it?  Don't worry about it?

CALLER:  Yep.

RUSH:  We're working on (laughing) new energy solutions?

CALLER:  And also a -- let me read my notes.  One office said that the senator is "looking to work on a climate change legislation," and I said, "This is ongoing.  I have smart people.  These are seniors.  You have forgotten them throughout the entire three years.  They have been put to the side.  You can't expect them to handle it anymore." I said, "You have to give me an answer I can go back and tell them, and it's not that there's a problem with foreign oil cartels and uncertainty."

RUSH:  All right, what were you expecting to hear?

CALLER:  Exactly. When I reported to my seniors today, they already knew the answer -- especially in Connecticut they knew the answer.

RUSH:  Which is what?

CALLER:  There is no answer.  It's gonna go up.  They said five or six dollars, and they could see it going up.  They don't really care.

RUSH:  That's it.

CALLER:  They don't really care about the seniors.

RUSH:  That's right.  They don't care about anybody. 

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: Look, Obama, if people will just listen, will tell us what he really thinks, especially when there's a mike open that he doesn't know, and when there was a mike open that he didn't know, it's when he said, he didn't really mind that the price got up to four bucks. He was little alarmed as how fast it happened, but he's not alarmed by the price -- and this fits right into their plan.  A, of forcing people out of big cars; B, forcing them out of cars, period, on the mass transit; C, economic chaos.  They don't care about any of this.  They tell you, when you're calling up representing seasoned citizens:

"And, by the way, we understand what you mean when you say, 'For seniors, the future is tomorrow,'" and they say, "Don't worry about it. We're working on it. We got an energy program in the works here."  Yeah.  In twenty years it might produce something commensurate with the energy needs that we have today.  That's just... Well, I'm glad you heard it. I'm glad you heard from the horse's mouth.  I'm glad that you were able to hear what they really think of you and what they think the best approach with you is: Basically treat you like an idiot.  "Well, where else you gonna go?"  It's what I've saying all along about economic policies.  If you really care like Obama says he cares about stimulating job recovery, job growth -- if you really care about that -- after two years of trying it one way and seeing conclusively that it is not working, you change policy. You do something different.  No! They're doubling down on this.  They're doubling down on failure, doubling down on chaos -- and now stimulating this class war that they expect to profit from at the polls. 
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Amazing, isn't it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Amazing, isn't it.

Yeah.....imagine going so far as to claiming it 'saves lives'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Yeah.....imagine going so far as to claiming it 'saves lives'.

Nothing surprises me these days.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
there is this guy at work. I like him but he voted for obama. when I asked him why, he said he would get more money and stuff than if McCain won...I swear I want to hit him with a baseball bat....
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Oceander

there is this guy at work. I like him but he voted for obama. when I asked him why, he said he would get more money and stuff than if McCain won...I swear I want to hit him with a baseball bat....

Don't let me stop you!

Offline Rapunzel