Author Topic: A Third Party is NOT the Answer  (Read 1149 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
A Third Party is NOT the Answer
« on: April 15, 2011, 02:21:04 am »
A Third Party is NOT the Answer
April 14, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is Jason in Atlanta.  Great to have you on the program, sir.  You are up first.

CALLER:  Hey, Rush. It's an honor to talk to you, man.

RUSH:  Thanks.

CALLER:  Hey listen, man, I am outraged with Boehner and I'm outraged with this old guard Republican.  I mean, I'm telling you, I'm livid to the point I e-mailed Boehner yesterday and told him he would never get a dime from me again.  I'll never support the Republican Party again.

RUSH:  Well --

CALLER:  These guys... Boehner was on Hannity yesterday, Rush, saying he fought like a dog for this $38 billion. Fought like a dog.  And now we're finding out that it's not even in the billions, we're talking millions.

RUSH:  Yeah.  Yeah.

CALLER:  And I'm trying to figure out at what point, Rush, do we say this party's rotgut from the inside and we've gotta break from it, maybe get behind the Tea Party, a third party. Maybe get behind the FairTax, do something that's gonna make a difference.

RUSH:  You don't want a third party.  What we want to do is (ah, I'm not particularly crazy about the phrase, but) "take over" the Republican Party.  Look, I know John Boehner.  I played golf with John Boehner.  He's a fine man. I want everybody to know that. It's unfortunate that he's being (sighs) not "slurred," but he's coming in for it.  I mean, he's getting his share of criticism as events unfold and information is gleaned.  He's a fine man, folks. He's what we would all say in the common parlance, is a good guy.  I think that different forms of leadership.  You got caretaker, you have aggressive.  In this case, I don't know for certain what the objective of the leadership is. 

Best I can tell, they don't really think they've won anything.  If you had to nail me down, if you had to pin me down to try to get me to explain this -- my wild guess would be that if we could get in their heads -- they don't think they've won anything yet, and they're not gonna act like it.  When Boehner says we are, what, "one half of one-third," that's not the kind of talk you get from people who think they've won something.  You and I think we had a shellacking win in November.  But they don't.  They don't think they won anything, yet.  Plus there's in natural fear. I've explained it. I don't have time to go into it again. There's this natural fear of Democrats, the media, and Obama specifically in the Beltway. 
END TRANSCRIPT

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: A Third Party is NOT the Answer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:16:41 am »
BTW Trump addressed this tonight with his Hannity interview.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776